Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes

7 hours ago, HossC said:

It was not my intention to stop you posting, Skipper. This is a forum and not Facebook. It should be a place of integrity where we can have fun, but intelligent discussions and interactions without any of the nastiness which seems to go hand in hand with social media. That's why we keep religion, politics and most bad language away from HazzardNet. It's also not about posting dozens of times a day hoping someone will "like" something you said.

The only two things I've asked you to do is to make sure quotes are accurate to what was actually said (this is a pet peeve of mine online, because if I've gone to the trouble of searching out dialogue, I want it to be correct), and to avoid posting quotes with excessive profanity or particularly adult themes (even with censored words). I don't consider either of these requests to be particularly draconian, and everyone else here is able to work within these boundaries.

Cousin HossC... What does draconian mean? New word to me. Never heard it before. Wow.

3 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Hey y'all... From now on, if I'm not sure something is right word for word or not or if a post merges some scenes together, I will follow HossC's rule and wishes, to make announcement of it first thing before I start the post. How's that sound y'all? :)

Why don't you just look at the episode to make sure the quote is correct?  

1 hour ago, Skipper Duke said:

Don't always have time to dig the DVDs out.

Instead of posting a bunch of inaccurate quotes check a DVD and post 1 or 2 accurate posts from the episode(s).  The time it would take to post all the inaccurate posts you can use to check a DVD or check an episode on YouTube.  It's better to read 1 or 2 accurate posts from the show than to read a bunch of inaccurate posts that don't make sense.  Then everyone is happy.

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

15 minutes ago, Boss JD Hogg said:

Instead of posting a bunch of inaccurate quotes check a DVD and post 1 or 2 accurate posts from the episode(s).  The time it would take to post all the inaccurate posts you can use to check a DVD or check an episode on YouTube.  It's better to read 1 or 2 accurate posts from the show than to read a bunch of inaccurate posts that don't make sense.  Then everyone is happy.

Darn it I'm outta reactions but ❤️ love this.

Right, Skipper, let's get some things straight. Firstly you need to calm down and stop over-reacting. You posted several times last night that you were leaving even though no one asked you to, you posted three or four questions to me and sent me a similar number of private messages despite the fact that it was night-time where I live and I was asleep!

I will repeat this mantra - HazzardNet is a forum, not Facebook. Please don't post something just because it pops into your head and then your next thought five minutes later and repeat ad nauseum. Consider your posts and think whether they're worthwhile. As a moderator, I try to read all the new posts, and at moment about three quarters of them are yours. Many times you make multiple posts one after the other when a single, well thought out post would have been much better. In the end you're spreading out the interesting stuff and diluting the content.

Being a forum, HazzardNet is about discussion, but you've been starting numerous off-topic threads lately (mainly about movies) and then flooding them with posts even though no one else has shown any interest in the subject. An interaction takes two sides. HazzardNet is not your personal space to post everything you know about a movie or TV show. Either keep that to Facebook or start your own website.

As Boss JD Hogg says above, "If you're posting a quote that's not accurate then it's not actually a quote from the show. Why bother if it's not an accurate quote." If you don't think it's worth digging out your DVDs to check them, then it's not worth posting. The fact that you couldn't spend less than 30 seconds googling "draconian" proves that you don't spend much time researching your posts. The quotes should be short one-liners or interactions that are funny and/or memorable - the sort of thing you'd tell a friend. Anything longer is just an excerpt of the script.

For the time being, why not try what Roger suggested and "take a day or 2 to cool off". After that, forget about posting in all your off-topic threads unless other members show an interest. Put more time and thought into the posts you do make, and maybe limit yourself to five considered posts a day across the whole forum. Concentrate on quality over quantity!

7 minutes ago, Skipper Duke said:

Hazzard in Hollywood (2000)

B. B. Bascomb:"People. People! You already have the money. I'm B. B. Bascomb music promoter extrodinaire." Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane:"Ezra, is this yer shell?" Ezra Bushmaster:"I thought he was yours."

And you still carry on with the inaccuracies, Skipper!

B.B. Bascomb: "People, people, you already have the money. I'm B.B. Bascomb, music promoter extraordinaire."
Rosco: "Ezra, is this your shill?"
Ezra Bushmaster: "Thought he was yours."

You obviously didn't comprehend the scene if you thought Rosco said "shell" - it makes no sense. Seeing as you won't have time to look up "shill", here's the definition:

informalNorth American
noun
noun: shill; plural noun: shills
  1. an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

Skipper, please stop posting any so-called quotes until you're prepared to put in the time needed to check and understand them. Sorry if I'm starting to sound a bit terse, but as a moderator I can't just ignore this like other members are able to do, and you're currently taking up about 99% of my time on here as opposed to 1% for everyone else put together!

4 minutes ago, HossC said:

And you still carry on with the inaccuracies, Skipper!

B.B. Bascomb: "People, people, you already have the money. I'm B.B. Bascomb, music promoter extraordinaire."
Rosco: "Ezra, is this your shill?"
Ezra Bushmaster: "Thought he was yours."

You obviously didn't comprehend the scene if you thought Rosco said "shell" - it makes no sense. Seeing as you won't have time to look up "shill", here's the definition:

informalNorth American
noun
noun: shill; plural noun: shills
  1. an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

Skipper, please stop posting any so-called quotes until you're prepared to put in the time needed to check and understand them. Sorry if I'm starting to sound a bit terse, but as a moderator I can't just ignore this like other members are able to do, and you're currently taking up about 99% of my time on here as opposed to 1% for everyone else put together!

I might give up this line of work. I'll stick with Trivia questions and Fun Facts type posts. Will that be ok? Hey, now I remember that word. It was in Season 6 Dead and Live. Boss Hogg's shills who were fighting over Artie Bender's paintings to boost sales to convince the big art dealer.

31 minutes ago, HossC said:

Right, Skipper, let's get some things straight. Firstly you need to calm down and stop over-reacting. You posted several times last night that you were leaving even though no one asked you to, you posted three or four questions to me and sent me a similar number of private messages despite the fact that it was night-time where I live and I was asleep!

I will repeat this mantra - HazzardNet is a forum, not Facebook. Please don't post something just because it pops into your head and then your next thought five minutes later and repeat ad nauseum. Consider your posts and think whether they're worthwhile. As a moderator, I try to read all the new posts, and at moment about three quarters of them are yours. Many times you make multiple posts one after the other when a single, well thought out post would have been much better. In the end you're spreading out the interesting stuff and diluting the content.

Being a forum, HazzardNet is about discussion, but you've been starting numerous off-topic threads lately (mainly about movies) and then flooding them with posts even though no one else has shown any interest in the subject. An interaction takes two sides. HazzardNet is not your personal space to post everything you know about a movie or TV show. Either keep that to Facebook or start your own website.

As Boss JD Hogg says above, "If you're posting a quote that's not accurate then it's not actually a quote from the show. Why bother if it's not an accurate quote." If you don't think it's worth digging out your DVDs to check them, then it's not worth posting. The fact that you couldn't spend less than 30 seconds googling "draconian" proves that you don't spend much time researching your posts. The quotes should be short one-liners or interactions that are funny and/or memorable - the sort of thing you'd tell a friend. Anything longer is just an excerpt of the script.

For the time being, why not try what Roger suggested and "take a day or 2 to cool off". After that, forget about posting in all your off-topic threads unless other members show an interest. Put more time and thought into the posts you do make, and maybe limit yourself to five considered posts a day across the whole forum. Concentrate on quality over quantity!

I'm out of reactions but I like that.

:previous:

Once again, four posts when one would do! You're just not getting it.

Stop with the superfluous comments, collect your thoughts and only post when absolutely necessary. I now consider this discussion closed because it has already taken up far too much of my valuable spare time in a busy week. This post does not require a reply or comment. Take a couple of days off without posting anything, and come back refreshed with a better understanding of how forums work. I didn't want it to come to this, but I will delete anything you post in the next 48 hours as you have monopolized the forum long enough. I also do not expect any private messages from you during this time - the one you sent while I was writing this was completely pointless as it just says the same as your last post (and fills up my email inbox).