NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

4 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I like the Hamburglar car!!   :)

Me too, but is Hamburglar still current in the US? I remember him from UK TV adverts in the '80s and '90s, but I don't think that I've seen him for over 20 years. Admittedly, I don't go to McDonalds very often these days. Maybe his criminal past caught up with him and he's been doing time in jail. :)

9 hours ago, HossC said:

Me too, but is Hamburglar still current in the US? I remember him from UK TV adverts in the '80s and '90s, but I don't think that I've seen him for over 20 years. Admittedly, I don't go to McDonalds very often these days. Maybe his criminal past caught up with him and he's been doing time in jail. :)

They changed his face. His nose etc. looked Jewish back in the 7o's....couldn't have that! Now they've softened up so much, they don't even show him any more!   

Been a busy silly season week.

Chase Briscoe will be driving the Joe Gibbs Racing #19 next year replacing Martin Truex Jr. Christopher Bell accidentally let that slip out during a New Hampshire practice interview. 

Gene Haas has decided to keep the last Stewart Haas Racing charter and run one Cup car next season as well as the Xfinity car team. It's expected that Cole Custer will drive the cup car next year. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Been a busy silly season week.

Chase Briscoe will be driving the Joe Gibbs Racing #19 next year replacing Martin Truex Jr. Christopher Bell accidentally let that slip out during a New Hampshire practice interview. 

Gene Haas has decided to keep the last Stewart Haas Racing charter and run one Cup car next season as well as the Xfinity car team. It's expected that Cole Custer will drive the cup car next year. 

I read that Christopher Bell let it slip that Chase Briscoe was replacing Truex Jr the other day. Ironically he just said Chase. Kyle Larson took advantage and took to social media and wished Chase Elliott good luck on his new ride and enjoying him as a teammate. LOL. I laugh now, but I wouldn't be laughing if it were for real. I'm so glad it's only a joke...

Kyle Larson wishes Chase Elliott 'the best on his new adventure' after Christopher Bell mishap (on3.com)

29 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

I read that Christopher Bell let it slip that Chase Briscoe was replacing Truex Jr the other day. Ironically he just said Chase. Kyle Larson took advantage and took to social media and wished Chase Elliott good luck on his new ride and enjoying him as a teammate. LOL. I laugh now, but I wouldn't be laughing if it were for real. I'm so glad it's only a joke...

Kyle Larson wishes Chase Elliott 'the best on his new adventure' after Christopher Bell mishap (on3.com)

NASCAR'S sounding more and more like a soap opera!!  ( kind of like professional wrestling! LOL! :) )

It was the Spanish Grand Prix today, and Formula 1 is finally getting closer again. The three practice sessions were topped by three different drivers from three different teams, and none were Max Verstappen or Red Bull. McLaren's Lando Norris pulled out a near perfect lap to claim pole in qualifying.

Mercedes' George Russell got a great start from third, and was in the lead after the first corner. It didn't take long for Max Verstappen to overtake him, and Max went on to win again, but there was plenty of close racing and overtaking behind. Pole-sitter Lando Norris was closing on Max in the final laps, but had to settle for second at the checkered flag. Lewis Hamilton got past his team mate, George Russell, to claim third place and his first podium of the year.

There were discredited rumors online this week that Mercedes were sabotaging Lewis' car because he's leaving for Ferrari at the end of the season. I guess that this result proves that the rumors were untrue.

You can see the 8-minute highlights here.

Next weekend is Red Bull's home race in Austria.