What do you think of the new movie from what you've heard?

Meadowmufn

What do you think of the new movie from what you've heard so far?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new movie from what you've heard so far?

I'm yet another one of those people who's not going to see the movie when it comes out (I don't even know the release date for the Netherlands anyway). Trashy is indeed the right word for it, and the casting seriously makes me cry.

Jessica Simpson? As DAISY? Um, no. There are so many things wrong with that I just don't even know where to begin (the easiest place to begin would be the fact Simpson is an overhyped, overtanned, irritating, no-talent, classless hack with the intellect of a box of rocks). Sean William Scott and Johnny Knoxville? Gee, and here I thought the boys were supposed to be attractive, which these two clowns aren't.

Yeah, I'm not gonna watch this and thus preserve my sanity and the good memories.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm yet another one of those people who's not going to see the movie when it comes out (I don't even know the release date for the Netherlands anyway). Trashy is indeed the right word for it, and the casting seriously makes me cry.

Jessica Simpson? As DAISY? Um, no. There are so many things wrong with that I just don't even know where to begin (the easiest place to begin would be the fact Simpson is an overhyped, overtanned, irritating, no-talent, classless hack with the intellect of a box of rocks). Sean William Scott and Johnny Knoxville? Gee, and here I thought the boys were supposed to be attractive, which these two clowns aren't.

Yeah, I'm not gonna watch this and thus preserve my sanity and the good memories.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is going to be a total lampoon of the series.As you probably havn't noticed yet,

:evil::evil::evil:

-Daisys blond

-the doors on the general can open and close

-the only thing right about daisys jeep is that its white,there is no eagle,no DIXIE on the sides, and the little white flower is not next to the word DIXIE since Dixie isn't even there.

-daisy is stupid

-Bo and Luke act like they just crawled off the mountain!!

-boss is SKINNY (do u not see the wrong in that??!!)

-bo and luke look more like coy and vance

-isn't jessica simpson a yank?

I cried when i first saw that daisy was being portrayed as a dumb blonde!! the bad thing about this is yall are all "experts" at this dukes stuff and yall are being shown up by a 13 year old!!!! you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!![color=white]

I think this is going to be a total lampoon of the series.As you probably havn't noticed yet,

-Daisys blond

-the only thing right about daisys jeep is that its white,there is no eagle,no DIXIE on the sides, and the little white flower is not next to the word DIXIE since Dixie isn't even there.

-daisy is stupid

I cried when i first saw that daisy was being portrayed as a dumb blonde!! the bad thing about this is yall are all "experts" at this dukes stuff and yall are being shown up by a 13 year old!!!! you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!![color=white]

ok first of all

1 Daisys blonde

The network wanted a blonde 25 years ago but got Cathy

2 The doors open

They also open on the show beacuse of safety

3 Not sure about the jeep

4 just because you saw the tralior doesn't mean she stupped

6 the actor who played Boss Hogg on the show wasn't fat he wear a fat suit

7 Luke no Bo yes i hate to say this but Bo wasn't alwasy the brightess apple in the bunch

8 so what?

yes im just so ashamed i have to go hind under my bed and cry :roll:

ok first of all

1 Daisys blonde

The network wanted a blonde 25 years ago but got Cathy

2 The doors open

They also open on the show beacuse of safety

3 Not sure about the jeep

4 just because you saw the tralior doesn't mean she stupped

6 the actor who played Boss Hogg on the show wasn't fat he wear a fat suit

7 Luke no Bo yes i hate to say this but Bo wasn't alwasy the brightess apple in the bunch

8 so what?

yes im just so ashamed i have to go hind under my bed and cry :roll:

Once the doors were welded shut in the series, they stayed shut

Boss Hogg should be more plump, sure he was thinnish in the first series - but we all know how much food the character should eat, and he would put on weight surely ?

added to the list above, if it's not already there

Enos and Boss have a moustache when they shouldn't

Uncle Jessie would never physically hit somebody - even if he wanted to - it isn't in his nature. This is not The Dukes of Hazzard, just an imposter much worse than Coy and Vance.

Luke would not bed two girls at once, as I have seen - Bo would get one of them :)

Can't see much good in the film whatsoever, it doesn't help when Johnny Knoxville is quoted as saying 'plot - what plot ' as if there shouldn't be one.

aside from the General Lee, they've taken the original and totally wrecked it surely ? :roll:

Once the doors were welded shut in the series, they stayed shut

Boss Hogg should be more plump, sure he was thinnish in the first series - but we all know how much food the character should eat, and he would put on weight surely ?

added to the list above, if it's not already there

Enos and Boss have a moustache when they shouldn't

Uncle Jessie would never physically hit somebody - even if he wanted to - it isn't in his nature. This is not The Dukes of Hazzard, just an imposter much worse than Coy and Vance.

Luke would not bed two girls at once, as I have seen - Bo would get one of them :)

Can't see much good in the film whatsoever, it doesn't help when Johnny Knoxville is quoted as saying 'plot - what plot ' as if there shouldn't be one.

aside from the General Lee, they've taken the original and totally wrecked it surely ? :roll:

daisy_at_heart_12

New in town

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Daisys blond

-daisy is stupid

I cried when i first saw that daisy was being portrayed as a dumb blonde!! the bad thing about this is yall are all "experts" at this dukes stuff and yall are being shown up by a 13 year old!!!! you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy is not Stupid I saw the trailer as well and I think She has Miss Bach Down pat.

The General Lee's Doors do not open after they fix the car in the movie. See they have their Car and wreck it. Then Cooter fix's it and paint it sand put the flag on the roof.

and the rest of your little rant here. This movie is capturing the spirit of the Original Show were it first started. It won't carbon copy the show. its not ment to be a remake of the show. Its based on the tv show and smokey and the bandit.

daisy_at_heart_12

New in town

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Daisys blond

-daisy is stupid

I cried when i first saw that daisy was being portrayed as a dumb blonde!! the bad thing about this is yall are all "experts" at this dukes stuff and yall are being shown up by a 13 year old!!!! you should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy is not Stupid I saw the trailer as well and I think She has Miss Bach Down pat.

The General Lee's Doors do not open after they fix the car in the movie. See they have their Car and wreck it. Then Cooter fix's it and paint it sand put the flag on the roof.

and the rest of your little rant here. This movie is capturing the spirit of the Original Show were it first started. It won't carbon copy the show. its not ment to be a remake of the show. Its based on the tv show and smokey and the bandit.

When I first heard of a big screen remake being done of The Dukes, I had mixed feelings; on the one hand, it would be a boost for the original series ( which has happened--with the accellerated release of the dvds alone)....and I thought that the movie could sbe a lot of fun.....There have been some pretty good adaptations of old series .

But painful memories of such AWFUL messes being made of 'The Wild Wild West" and "The Avengers" had me more than a little bit apprehensive.

Then the cast of The Dukes movie was named.... and whereas Willy Nelson and Burt reynolds were plusses...I felt a distinct sinking sensation over the rest.

Now, having seen the trailer, I am almost certain that this film is going to be almost NOTHING like the series that has become a cherished "Old Friend" over the years.

Bo and Luke, who WERE clean-cut "Good Guys" seem like lewd and lascivious Morons with a hot muscle car.

Daisy looks to be the Hazzard town slut.

Even my earlier good feelings about Reynolds and Willy are shaky, since Boss Hogg now seems to be intended to be GENUINELY EVIL....and a scene with "Uncle Jesse" tossing improvised `Shine Molotov Cocktails does not instill confidence.

Frankly, I think that the only way that this movie is going to be palatable for Dukes fans is if you go into it forgetting the series existed and just imagine it`s a remake of "Moonrunners".

I have a Free Admission ticket from the Dukes 3rd season dvd set...and if that is good, Ill go see the film....But ONLY if I don`t have to pay a dime to get in.

I don`t expect the series I enjoy to be depicted on that screen.

Thomas Wolfe said it best; "You Can`t Go Home Again."...at least, not if Hollywood is supplying the directions.

When I first heard of a big screen remake being done of The Dukes, I had mixed feelings; on the one hand, it would be a boost for the original series ( which has happened--with the accellerated release of the dvds alone)....and I thought that the movie could sbe a lot of fun.....There have been some pretty good adaptations of old series .

But painful memories of such AWFUL messes being made of 'The Wild Wild West" and "The Avengers" had me more than a little bit apprehensive.

Then the cast of The Dukes movie was named.... and whereas Willy Nelson and Burt reynolds were plusses...I felt a distinct sinking sensation over the rest.

Now, having seen the trailer, I am almost certain that this film is going to be almost NOTHING like the series that has become a cherished "Old Friend" over the years.

Bo and Luke, who WERE clean-cut "Good Guys" seem like lewd and lascivious Morons with a hot muscle car.

Daisy looks to be the Hazzard town slut.

Even my earlier good feelings about Reynolds and Willy are shaky, since Boss Hogg now seems to be intended to be GENUINELY EVIL....and a scene with "Uncle Jesse" tossing improvised `Shine Molotov Cocktails does not instill confidence.

Frankly, I think that the only way that this movie is going to be palatable for Dukes fans is if you go into it forgetting the series existed and just imagine it`s a remake of "Moonrunners".

I have a Free Admission ticket from the Dukes 3rd season dvd set...and if that is good, Ill go see the film....But ONLY if I don`t have to pay a dime to get in.

I don`t expect the series I enjoy to be depicted on that screen.

Thomas Wolfe said it best; "You Can`t Go Home Again."...at least, not if Hollywood is supplying the directions.

daisy_at_heart_12

New in town

This movie is capturing the spirit of the Original Show were it first started. It won't carbon copy the show. its not ment to be a remake of the show. Its based on the tv show and smokey and the bandit.

.........Actually the movie looks to be more akin in spirit to "Moonrunners", the original Dukes movie.

That might not be a bad thing. Standing alone, the movie might be a lot of fun.

Then again, it just may make Coy and Vance look good.

daisy_at_heart_12

New in town

This movie is capturing the spirit of the Original Show were it first started. It won't carbon copy the show. its not ment to be a remake of the show. Its based on the tv show and smokey and the bandit.

.........Actually the movie looks to be more akin in spirit to "Moonrunners", the original Dukes movie.

That might not be a bad thing. Standing alone, the movie might be a lot of fun.

Then again, it just may make Coy and Vance look good.

I was listening to a local radio station Friday and Ben Jones called in . He said Bo and Luke smoke pot in the movie. For me that's A very low blow .I also hate the contrived overstated southern accents. We do not talk like that.Plus they both act like big doofuses.I don't think it's going to be true to the series.

I was listening to a local radio station Friday and Ben Jones called in . He said Bo and Luke smoke pot in the movie. For me that's A very low blow .I also hate the contrived overstated southern accents. We do not talk like that.Plus they both act like big doofuses.I don't think it's going to be true to the series.

------ One tagline that I am REALLY getting tired of hearing is the "THRILLBILLIES" description of The Dukes.

The worst thing about it is that, given the promo scenes , it is high-probability accurate. Bo and Luke look to be dirty, wild, low-brain rednecks with a seemingly-indestructible muscle car .

The only similarity with the series is the seemingly indestructible muscle car. The stuntwork with the car looks good. The General Lee will fly as well --or better---than ever before.

Just don`t expect to see "Bo and Luke" driving it.

These two will NOT be your classic "Duke Boys".

Mayhap they should have turned it into a sci-fi film and had Boss Hogg clone a pair of dark, dirty dim-witted Duke Boys to replace the originals ?

------ One tagline that I am REALLY getting tired of hearing is the "THRILLBILLIES" description of The Dukes.

The worst thing about it is that, given the promo scenes , it is high-probability accurate. Bo and Luke look to be dirty, wild, low-brain rednecks with a seemingly-indestructible muscle car .

The only similarity with the series is the seemingly indestructible muscle car. The stuntwork with the car looks good. The General Lee will fly as well --or better---than ever before.

Just don`t expect to see "Bo and Luke" driving it.

These two will NOT be your classic "Duke Boys".

Mayhap they should have turned it into a sci-fi film and had Boss Hogg clone a pair of dark, dirty dim-witted Duke Boys to replace the originals ?