What do you think of the new movie from what you've heard?

Meadowmufn

What do you think of the new movie from what you've heard so far?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new movie from what you've heard so far?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the new movie will share some differences with the TV series and I think we as Duke fans will be suprised maybe even shocked at what we see in the big screen movie. In all honesty, I feel that Burt Reynolds and Willie Nelson will be the "glue" that will hold the new movie together. I heard the new movie has a budget between 45 and 50 million dollars so we can expect awesome stunts, and a high quality movie otherwise....take care ya'll

I am still holding out hope that the cast, with all the differences we we complain about, might have some chemistry together. I thnik that will be the key for this movie. Sure hollywood changes things around when they make a tv series into a movie, but if the cast works well it might be a pleasant surprise.

Like gimp said, I would like to see the trailer first. But as a huge DOH fan , I hope it doesn't disgrace the original.

Darrell

I'm cautiously optimistic about the movie. I know we're not gonna agree with everything in it - but that's good, because the original Dukes will remain as popular as ever. There's no outshining the original, so the hell with it, let's enjoy the movie for what it is.

I'm probably the most interested in seeing the General fly on the big screen, and seein' some vehicular mayhem. The last few "car flicks" outta Hollywood have been too slick and polished, for my tastes. ( The rice-burners in the Fast & Furious flicks just don't do it for me. Those movies had their moments, but it's just not the same feel.)

I'm predicting that the Dukes movie will be.... 01 at the box office this summer. :wink:

Brian

I think the core values of the film will match the original...but that's about it...lol It seems more like Dukes of Hazzard and Smokey and the Bandit combined since Roscoe will be competent this time around...lol

But you have to go into it knowing this will be different from the series in some aspects and treat it seperately. Go into it with a fresh mind and if it's a good film, enjoy it for what it is...but it won't be The Dukes Of Hazzard we all loved. Similar but not the same.

Not sure when the movie will be released...but if it can pull in at least $100 million in it's run, that would be great. That would probably be enough for the studios to go forward with a sequel.

But it will have to be word of mouth that fuels this film...because we know the critics will not like it....lol

From what we've heard so far...it all depends. On one hand, Amanda wouldn't like a movie that hardly has anything to do with the show, on the other hand, this movie would totally redeem itself as far as she's concerned if they finally let Enos and Daisy get married!!! (with no fooling around before tying the knot, that would destroy the characters completely).

Both of us think that the actors look more like Coy and Vance than Bo and Luke. Jam thinks they look too old and need to shave. We also agree that Daisy is NOT a blond and wouldn't run around showing her belly.

All things considered, we'll watch the previews and hear opinions from those who watch it before seeing it ourselves, but we'll probably wind up watching it anyway.

Although I've always wanted to see Enos and Daisy get married, I think this movie isn't the best place for it to be done. In my mind I think it would be nice to have another reunion and have them finally do that and have the boys settle themselves. That's really what I hoped this movie would do and have a second generation of Dukes (which would be Simpson, Knoxville and that other guy from American Pie). I could totally have seen Jessica as Bo or Luke's little girl, or even Daisy's for that matter. However, from all the information we have been given, I believe it's not going to turn out that way. So... here's the grin and bear it part. I'm excited but apprehensive. I'm just starting to grasp the idea of some other people playing the cast I loved and grew up with. So I'll give it a Possumonagumbush vote, but it's because the fact that they are doing a movie and creating renewed interest that makes me happy.

• 1 month later...

While I may not agree with some cast selections, script rumors... Studio is gonna include a ticket with each 3rd season dvd release. Thank you Warner Brothers for the offer. =)

Folks nitpick(ed) about the television reunion movies, so I'll watch this big screen flick with respect that it is someone's vision of Hazzard.

I thought by now we would be seeing more screen shots, maybe a poster even? A trailer would be nice. When will we see these things? Or are they keepin em quiet until it gets to June just in case there is a backlash from fans.....much like there was with Catwoman.

Divia, I've been wondering what's up with that, myself. I went to WB's website, and while they're promoting several summer releases....the Dukes ain't one of 'em.

I think part of the issue is the fact they've been horsing around with the release date. Once they land on that, the rest should follow. But ya'd think they'd have it in gear by now....

Brian

I agree with the slogan that 'Dukefan' left in another message "HAZZARD NIGHTMARE"!!!!!!! I'm a huge fan and grew up with the show (I'm 32) and I think it's a sin! Sorry, but they've already done a proper reunion movie, why did they have to go and spoil it with all this rubbish :(