Dukes Talkshow

LoriDavenport

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Laura, if these kids would stop their bickerin' I could git a word in edgewise and answer ya. Sure it bothers me that me and Boss ain't the best of friends no mores but I knew when he was young that he had a greedy side and we'd part ways in due time. When we was kids, I was closer buddies to Abe, (Boss's twin) but Abe never was much into runnin' shine so me and Boss became closer when we got old enough to drive.

Of course, years after that Boss started caring more about money and less about family. I suppose he learned that from his Big Daddy. Abe ended up more like his mom, in the way he follows the Good Book. She was a good Baptist, ya know.

Ok I had to ask this question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to I was just curious I guess but this question's for everyone.

If you could date anyone on Hazzardnet who would it be and why?

That question just wouldn't stop bothering me. And I loved the question about the space shuttle. I mean I'm not sure the General would go as high as it but then again if a cow could jump over the moon then why not the General as well.

Keep it going.

LJ-Davenport.

Ok I had to ask this question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to I was just curious I guess but this question's for everyone.

If you could date anyone on Hazzardnet who would it be and why?

That question just wouldn't stop bothering me. And I loved the question about the space shuttle. I mean I'm not sure the General would go as high as it but then again if a cow could jump over the moon then why not the General as well.

Keep it going.

LJ-Davenport.

I think I would date Bo Duke if he was willing to go cross-country?

Hey Lizzy-Jackson,

I must admit, I wasn't expecting that question! :D I'm not trying to discourage you from asking questions or anything, but couldn't this get as confusing as Rosco trying to chase the Dukes? I'm not trying to sound disrespectful or anything. I just mean, some people have identities that might sound like it's a guy or girl, when actually they are the opposite that you think. Hopefully you can understand what I'm saying. Plus, it's online, so how can you meet the person, and find out if you really like a person? Plus, age is a huge factor. You don't know how old someone is, you could be talking about a teen or about an elderly person. Which, also makes it complicated. On top of that, you don't know how some people will take to someone else saying they would like to date a person, it might be an uncomfortable situation.

Like I said, I'm not trying to cut down you or your question, I was just trying to make a point that it could get confusing.

I guess, that in regards to your question, I really can't answer it since I don't know!:)

Have a great day everyone!

Laura Duke:D

So...*breaking the awkward silence* What is everyone's favorite childhood memory?

I'll start...mine is easy...Aunt Lavinia teachin' me how t' make gingerbread... I wanted so bad to make the next batch on my own that she let me...*giggles* It was so hard it near chipped one of Luke's teeth but he nibbled away at it anyway...so polite...I don't remember what Bo did with his...

ok so maybe i confused the crap out of all of you. I really didn't mean it the way all of you answered.

Look back at the answers to the questions on here. Every answer is said like the character has said it. Let's take a question that Laura herself (or himself whichever) wrote.

"Jesse: You and Boss Hogg used to be good friends it sounds like. Does it hurt that he's turned against you?"

with me so far. Now everyone could tell that Laura wanted an answer from good old uncle Jesse Duke, not from Rogerduke who happens to be answering for him. You see what i mean. Every question is aimed at a Duke, whether it be Jesse Daisy Bo or Luke, and the answer that RogerDuke, DaisyMaeDuke, BoJamesDuke, and LoriDavenport give is as if the Duke they portray is answering the question.

Now I'm sorry if I confused any of you and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that this talk show was between the Dukes and whoever asked a question not between the authors and whoever asked the question.

So I will try this one more time in hopefully a way that is more fun.

*being poked and prodded by several cousins in the audience to stand and ask the question.*

Alright I'm getting there back off. *Slowly stands and shakes off the sleep*

This question goes to all the Dukes, Daisy, Uncle Jesse, Bo, and Luke, If you as the Dukes (not the author typing your response) could date anyone on Hazzardnet (and once again I mean this forum boards) who would it be and why?

*mutters something about a space shuttle before sitting back down and yawning.*

I hope that cleared up any confusion all of you had. If not then I'll just give up.

LJ-Davenport.

My favorite childhood memory is all the times my grandpa spent with me in the woods and fields teaching me to respect the land and teaching me how survive from it.

As far as who I'd like ta date, well, there is Emma Tisdale but ta tell the truth, if I had my druthers, I sure enjoy the company of Widow Baxley...then there's Swamp Molly, Widow Cambell, Widow Snodgrass, Granny Annie Coggins, Miss Potsdale, Miss Fenster, Lucinda Meadows, Miss Crumbly, Emma Partridge, Miss MaCarey, Clara Coltrane (just kidding), Hortense Bledsoe...ah heck, I can't decide...Emma Tisdale, it is!!!

Sorry Laura, it's taken me a couple weeks to answer this one. I bet you thought I forgot about it. Better late than never I suppose.

You asked about what the Hogg household was like with one good Hogg (Abraham Lincoln) and one bad (Jefferson Davis)

I know you met Boss's Big Daddy the last time he came to town so you probably figured out where little Jefferson got his personality, especially his greed. It runs in the Hogg family though. Boss's grandpa weren't no different.

Boss's Mama, on the other hand was just the opposite. Now, she's done gone on ta her reward but all you have to do is have a conversation with Abe and you can tell exactly what she was like. You're right Laura, things did get a little confusing in the Hogg house with 4 people like that but the nice thing is that they loved each other just like a family's supposed to. They might have been different but they was still Hoggs and they stuck together. I should add that, even though Abe didn't pick up any of his Big Daddy's bad habits, Boss did pick up a few of his Mama's good ones. He don't cotton to no violence in his county and he....well.....let me think now.....well, at least he picked up one of his Mama's good habits....

Hey Roger!

I thought you did forget, but it seems you have an awesome memory-Roger can't forget a thing! :)

Thanks for explaining, it really answered my question.

Daisy, do you race the boys a lot?

Bo and Luke: Do you still let Daisy win because you are afraid that she'll give you "ring around the collar?"

Talk to all of you soon!

Laura Duke:)

Let Daisy win?! Heck if we did that then we'd get more than ring around the collar, possibly frying pan to the head! She knows when we're holdin' out on her cause she watches us race all the time. We can't just let her win, if we ever race then its gotta be legal and we have t'do our best. Course its not often that we race, only every once in a while seeing as both cars arn't equally matched. General's a race car so does better on the track and occasionally overland a little whereas Daisy's jeep can go over places General cant so can take short cuts....though when we had the roadrunner that was a different story.