Dukes Talkshow

LoriDavenport

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earliest memory of Boss *Scratches head* Well, id have to say first time I was in jail, I could hear his little chubby cheeks a flappin' up in the sheriff's office, Be exact my first memory of Rosco was my first time in jail as well, I member then, he was a half decent law man and wasn't crooked.

Well of course, Uncle Jesse was there for all of us when we was in diapers, I member seein the kind face he had when I was bout 8 id say, if not younger... But ya also gotta member he was the one who delivered me and Bo too...

(I say Luke's 8 because I dont really know when he first met uncle jesse...)

*Chuckles softly to self* Thank god Bo wasn't old enough to drive them...anyways, I was out like always chasin a pretty little lady and, as always, I was speedin...with a woman as pretty as she was..kinda makes a man move quick...well Sheriff Rosco saw fittin to have me locked away instead of pay a fine, I gave him a good chase til he chased me straight to the jail house, and as young and nieve as I was I didn't know any better and landed myself right in the slammer for the night....Unlce Jesse got so mad at me I couldn't sit for a straight week!

*Chuckles softly to self* Thank god Bo wasn't old enough to drive them...anyways, I was out like always chasin a pretty little lady and, as always, I was speedin...with a woman as pretty as she was..kinda makes a man move quick...well Sheriff Rosco saw fittin to have me locked away instead of pay a fine, I gave him a good chase til he chased me straight to the jail house, and as young and nieve as I was I didn't know any better and landed myself right in the slammer for the night....Unlce Jesse got so mad at me I couldn't sit for a straight week!

Was she worth all the trouble?

My earliest memory of Boss Hogg was when Uncle Jesse had been buying us all pralines. He kinda pushed to the front of the line to get his own. *shakes her head* Wasn't very nice...

my earliest memory of Rosco...well, that would have been shortly after I came to live with Uncle Jesse. I decided I didn't wanna be there and tried to find my way back home. *flushes embarrassed* Rosco found me and bought me an ice cream come...talked me outta runnin' away before he brung me home. He didn't used to be so crooked.

Boy...urm...

Okay my first memory of Boss...well actually I can obviously remember father back than my dear cousins, because there was a point when Uncle Jesse and Boss were actually still good friends, when they ran moonshine together. Course when we came to the farm Jesse cut back but he and Boss still got together t'talk about it...my first memory of actually speaking with Boss was when I was in town with Auntie Lavinia and I was running down the sidewalk. I tripped and skinned my hands and knees. Course, I cried and I could hear Auntie comin' t'get me...but instead, Boss picked me up and sat on a wall with me in his lap and cheered me up....took me over to Doc's with Auntie like I was a big deal, got me cleaned up then took me fer ice cream afterwards. Boss ain't a bad man...he's just been corrupted by greed..

My earliest memory of Rosco...that would have to be the night Luke got first put in the slammer. Next mornin' Uncle Jesse was lookin' after me cause Auntie had gone shoppin' an' I had t'go with him t'pick Luke up from jail...Rosco gave me a lollypop and let me play with his handcuffs while him and Uncle Jesse talked about Luke...I guess I was just a cute kid back then...got lots of attention...

I dont really remember what my earliest memory of Uncle Jesse is though...its like asking what's the earliest memory of your parents. I was only 6 months old when I came to live with Uncle Jesse so I dont remember my birth parents. Uncle Jesse and Auntie Lavinia became my parents and they're the only one's I's ever known as that.

My wife's first name was Lavinia but some of her kinfolks used to call her Martha because we have two other Livinias in the family. Her middle name is Martha so that's what some people called her to avoid confusion.

We met at the Hazzard County Baptist Church when her Daddy (and his family) was visiting from Choctaw County as a guest minister. Sometimes it seems like a hundred years ago and sometimes it feels like yesterday. *closes eyes and sighs* I sure miss her.