Welcome Back Lori

LoriDavenport

Lori looked at Candy and softly whispered...

"It's alright Candy...and....I'm sorry too...sorry for letting a sucker like him come between our friendship. You helped me out more than a few times, now its my time to return the favor."

'If only I knew how...' She thought as she turned back around and stared at the floor intently. She now not only felt sorry for Luke, but was starting to think about Bo in a way she never did before. It was odd, when Bo walked by her not speaking yesterday it hurt her more than ever and Lori couldn't explain it. In fact, she was hoping more than ever that Bo would bound through the door and come to their rescue...more than she wanted Luke to be following which was how it usually went.

As her thoughts drifted, she quickly shook her head and turned back to Candy with a smile.

"Hey,we're tough women...we can get outta this mess. If there's one thing I learned from hanging around the Duke boys all my life, it's never give up,"

Lori smiled at her dearest friend.

"If it makes ya feel any better...I forgive ya."

With that, Lori reached around Candy and gave her a friendly hug.

"Friends?"

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori, being as sly as she was, looked around the old, dusty room. In the corner, she saw an old chipped and dirty hammer. Lori grinned as she muttered under her breath

"Ah-ha!"

She headed over there and reached down, grabbing the old hammer.

She looked over her shoulder at Candy with a half, cheeky smile.

"Well, I know a way now..."

She looked to the window and then back to Candy, holding the hammer behind her head before swinging at he old, dusty window with all her might, grinning as it fell to pieces with an almighty crash.

Lori motioned hurriedly for Candy to come over so she could crawl through first as loud footsteps were heard from up above. Lori looked up to the ceiling and jerked her head to Candy motioning for her to quickly climb through.

Candy chuckled at her friends cheeky grin but instantly became alarmed at the loud crash the breaking of the window had given off. Instantly there was the movement of feet, and Candy didn't need signalling to twice to move her butt quickly over to the window.

She quickly, avoiding the jagged pieces of glass still stuck in the frame around the edges, crawled through the window and to the outside, swallowing as she turned to help Lori out.

Jack and his friend heard the loud crash and instantly ran downstairs, only to be greeted with the surprise of Lori shimming out of the broken window, dodging the jagged pieces and Candy already on the outside.

Jack quickly grabbed his friend by the shoulder and pushed him back the way they had come and leaping up the stairs two at a time to reach the top.

By the time they were outside, Candy was already at the CB in the car, Lori beside her weak and slightly out of breath - she still hadn't gotten over the hard blow to the head the night before.

Bo was standing by his side, frowning as he listened. As soon as Luke looked to him, he nodded and grabbed the General's keys and the bows and dynamite arrows before heading outside and loading them into the back of the orange car.

He fired up the engine and tuned the CB in to listen.

Candy was about to speak again when she saw the door burst open and Jack and his friend run outside, stopping in their tracks. She quickly turned back to the CB and said hurriedly.

"They're here already! I don't know, there's just a load of trees around, and an old hut we were staying in! They're gonna take us somewhere! Luke the car's a grey..."

But she was cut off as someone clamped a hand over her mouth and dragged her backwards. Somewhere she could hear Lori running as the CB slipped from her hand and she struggled against the one holding her desperatly.

As soon as Luke had his feet inside, Bo's foot hit the gas and they were tearing out the yard and onto the back roads.

"A place with lots of trees sure don't narrow nothin' down..." He muttered to himself as he ran through every where he knew in Hazzard County that could possibly be a hideout....boy were there quite a few..."

Bo nodded and headed to the first one he knew which was the farthest away. He was guessing that the bad guys wouldn't be so stupid as to hide them anywhere near where Candy had been seen, and she should have been seen at the Duke Farm if they had been following her and Lori.

Meanwhile, back at the cabin, Candy was trying to get away from Jack's friend with no success, soon finding herself thrown into the back of the car with a gun to the side of her head. She could only watch helplessly out the window as Lori ran as fast as she could away from the area. With any luck she could get away and go get help...

Lori was running as fast as she could, suddenly hearing a yell after her. She turned to look ,seeing a furious Jack chasing after her. In that split second, a loud bang sent her stumbling backwards and onto the floor, hands clutching her stomach in pain.

She could feel something warm running through her fingers as her already weakened state grew weaker as pain coursed through her nerves...

She soon realized it was blood and moved her hands to see the gun shot wound to her stomach, before her world turned black just seconds later.

Jack stopped beside her unconcious and bleeding form, out of breath, and grinned as he saw the blood bloosming underneath her shirt. Without a second thought, he picked her up over his shoulder and headed back to the hut, throwing her into the back of the car with a horrified Candy as if she were nothing more than a rag doll.

Bo looked to him briefly as he sped down the roads towards their first destination.

"What kind of gut feeling..."

Candy shrieked in horror as she saw the blood spilling into the fabric of Lori's shirt. Without a second thought, she took her own off, much to the delight of her captors, and pressed it against Lori's wound.

"Lori...oh come on now...Lori please..."

Bo swallowed and nodded, stepping harder on the gas and only just managing to slow down in time as a grey car sped out in front of them from a hidden path in the forest alongside them.

"Luke that's a grey car..."

Candy looked up as she heard a familiar engine and gasped softly as she looked out the back window and saw the General behind. She waved hurriedly to Luke as she said to Lori.

"Lori! Lori Bo and Luke are here! Lori its gonna be alright hang on..."

Lori, still unconcious and unaware of anything laid there blood seeping through Candy's shirt.

Jack stared through his rearview mirror and grumbled,"Its them Duke Boys!! they're after us!!" Jack sped on almost to Widow's Peak. He looked to his buddy and informed him," We're almost there, when i give the signal we'll jump out and let this car roll off the cliff and let these two fall to their deaths, ones almost dead anyways so it don't matter."

Jack looked back to them again and grinned.

Bo swallowed and shook his head, pulling Luke back in.

"Luke there's no time, they's headed to Widow's Peak and my guess is, they's gonna run that car over the cliff with Lori and Candy inside...only chance we got is to get in front of the car and stopping it...."

Candy swallowed hard at that, biting her lip as she looked down at Lori.

"Come on Lori....Bo and Luke are here...they're gonna save us...just hang on..."