Welcome Back Lori

LoriDavenport

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori smiled giving Daisy the hug back,"Ahhh this mornin' sometime," Hey you coming to my show tonight? you'll never believe who's here either, unless the word traveled fast, anyways, Candy Dix is back in town, with my ex-husband, i tell you what Daisy If this aint one of the most messed up farewell tours i've ever seen." Lori laughed and put the paint away." I gotta go and get ready fer the show, im a mess!! Hey i'll talk to ya tonight? Lori had one eye squeezed shut from the paint and her head cocked side ways looking at daisy with a smile.

Bo watched him out of the corner of his eye as the drove and smirked a little at the unsually goofy grin his older cousin had on his face. Boy he had never wished harder that he had a camera with him than he did at that point.

Candy smiled back at him, letting him kiss and hug her close...but soon realising that the spark she had felt with Luke was just not there and the warmth and comfort Luke's kiss had brought made Jack's feel like ice.

"I think that's a great idea...imagine how distracted Lori will be seeing me and Luke together...she'll probably get so distracted she can't even sing properly..."

You can count on it honey" answered Daisy with a smile.

Luke carefully put the card in his pocket again, smiling that it smelled of her: a faint trace of honeysuckle. He had a bad case of the love bug and he knew it, but he also knew that after holding Candy once more, he was happier than he had been in a long time... a very long time.

Jack laughed a little and smiled,"Yea you're probably right, she saw you one time with me in the audience and she got choked up. She always was the jealous type." He looked down at her with his dark charcoal eyes.

hours passed and everyone was gathering in to the Boar's Nest.. Lori was a little nervous not knowing what to do, this was her hometown. She decided to wear a pair of jeans and her boots, a white and black quater-sleeved shirt and her levi jacket. She left her hair down, the smell of jasmine and vanilla floating in the air. She had her guitar out and ready her band was out there waiting for her she was a little shook up but not too bad. Lori stepped out and smiled, hiding the pain of having to play infront of Jack and Candy, and Luke.... Bo too. Lori drunk a shot glass of whiskey before she went out and squeezed her eyes shut. that was her tradition before ever show she done.

However...as Lori stepped out...what she saw was not what she was expecting. Instead, Jack was alone at the bar and Luke was just walking in the door with his arm around Candy and Bo with his arm around some other pretty girl from Hazzard.

Candy was smiling up at Luke as he went to find them a table and it was very rare his gaze appeared to be torn from hers either.

Lori looked over at them and rolled her eyes smirking alittle she saw Cooter and waved to him. she looked at Jack and said,"Now i know something is up..." Lori shook her head and walked up to the microphone as everyone clapped and hollered. "Howdy ya'll!!! it sure is great to be back in Hazzard, Sure ain't changed none, she looked at Cooter and winked." Lori looked and saw Luke and Candy and clenched her teeth she couldnt stand the sight of them two together she knew Candy was using him, she just knew it.... Lori blinked her eyes and said,"Well lets ge tthis show started shall we?"

Lori began to sing one of her big hits,"Because of You," and sung the night away, candy had been wrong,Lori never let her personal life get in the way of her professional life.Lori began singing,"Strawberry Wine and the song Fancy, then she sung one song, talkin about her mother's side of the family,"You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive."

these songs are originally sung by-

Because of You-kelly clarkson

Strawberry Wine -deana carter

Fancy-reba McIntire

You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive-Patty Loveless

Candy however didn't care whether or not Lori mucked up, she was lost once again in the depths of Luke's sea blue eyes as they gazed at each other. She smiled at his whispered comment and looked away shyly before looking back to him and whispering back.

"You ain't so bad yourself...you're just like I remember you...if not a bit more muscular..."

She murmured, running a hand down his arm.

Luke colored a little at the compliment, feeling the familiar chill creeping up his spine when Candy touched him. It had been sensless to try and get over her...she was as much a part of him as his heart was, and with reason...his heart had never ceased belonging to her. Gently he reached up pushing back her blond hair before leaning forward and kissing her lips.

Candy was a little taken aback as Luke kissed her but soon relaxed into it, not expecting him to move forward so soon. But as soon as their lips touched it was like they had never been apart...how could she have been so stupid as to think she could pull this off...she had been devestated when Luke had told her to chose her carrer over him, and had intended to do this not only to hurt Lori but also to hurt Luke and make him feel the pain she felt for so many months.

But now, she could see that Luke had only pushed her away because he truly wanted what was best for her...he wanted her to do well and succeed...not to get held back by him...and she found herself loving Luke all the more for that as she kissed him back.

Candy held onto the kiss as long as her lung capacity would allow, which obviously seemed to be a lot less than Luke's as she pulled away softly for air and he followed just a little, his lips almost hungry looking for hers again.

She swallowed gently, totally oblivious to anyone else in the room, as Luke's hand found its way onto her knee and he slid closer to her, soon capturing them both in another deep kiss.

Luke kissed her passionately, allowing his hand to stay on her knee. He had missed her so terribly. He longed to tell her so, but having always been more a man of action than of words, he let his lips do the talking as he wrapped his other arm around her running his hand up and down her back,. Now normally Luke Duke wasn't much for public displays of affection... but Candy was unlike any other woman and Luke couldn't help himself.

Jack knew this wasnt no act Candy really did love luke and not him Jack murmerd under his breath,"I'll fix that...."

Lori however didnt pay no attention, instead she found herself glancing at Bo, unusal for Lori, considering she loved, or now at least thought she loved Luke. Lori looked at Luke and Candy knowing that Luke was happy and Candy seemed to be too, Lori left well enough alone and finally go what she wished for, for Luke to be happy, even though he wasn't with her, Lori felt more sadened at the fact she'd hurt Bo and couldn't explain this feeling. Lori stepped out from the mic and the show was over she wavd and winked at everyone and laughed. She walked to the back and had found Candy talking to Jack.... Jack gave her a signal to come back there sos they could discuss the situation. Lori walked over to Luke and plopped down and said,"Well howdy there, listen sorry about this mornin' i kinda blew ya off. i never meant to hurt ya Luke, i honestly am over you, and i understand you still love candy and always will. im a big girl i can except that. I just didn't want to lose the friends i had... Lori smiled at him and got up and walked out to her bus.

Candy had noticed the signal Jack had given her out of the corner of her eye as she had been kissing Luke and knew that either she went to see him now or he would come over and cause a scene.

Gently she pulled away, reluctantly, from Luke's passionate kiss and his gentle hands, putting a finger over his lips softly and whispering.

"I'll be back soon...I just have to go have a talk with someone..." she smiled, kissing him once more before heading out after Jack, glancing back at Luke with a smile as she bit her bottom lip before slinking out the door and to where Jack was.

She sighed softly and leant against the wall in front of him.

"What is it Jack..."

Lori listened to Jack and Candy," Good show, id almost believe you was inlove with him?!" Jack said with a slight snarl of his lips,(Lori couldnt hear what they were saying anymore)"Alls i need for you to do is get him ad hs cousin to go to cooter's garage tomorrow, and you'll arrive with them too, Lori'll be there tomorrow,C'mon lets get outta here.""I'll be waiting for you out in the car," Jack had something in plan not only for her but for Candy too. Lori walked to the back and set down she rested her arms on the table and laid her head on them. Lori knew something was up Lori ran to talk to Cooter. "Cooter, there something going on, i swear, Candy's back and Jack and her has something planned i know it, i don't wanna see Luke hurt either." Lori had said with a concerned voice. Cooter replied,"Well, it seems to me Candy really does love him, alot. Now i suggest if you want Luke to be happy you'll just leave well enough alone, Lori." Cooter looked at her with a stern face." Cooter im not saying she doesn't love him, i know she does, but shes using him im telling you coot....." "Now dang it Lori i told ya leave em' alone, your just paranoid is all!" Cooter said raising his voice slightly, but not enough to were everyone could hear him. Lori looked at him she stood up, loking at him with a look that could kill. "We'll see whos paranoid cousin." Lori got up and walked out she sat down on the steps that led into the Boar's Nest.

Jack meanwhile was heading outside Lori jumped up and hid in some bushes she snook up beside his car listening to his conversation to one of his buddies in tennesse,"Yea, how fast can you get here? Really? Yea theres been a change in plans, not only am i after one singer now two, hehe, Candy won't know what hit her, literally!!!" Lori's eyes widened should she tell Candy or should she leave her and Luke alone, Cooter said she really did love him.Lori quickly got up and moved out she went and hopped in Midnight Rider and sat there waiting for everyone to clear out to see were candy and luke was. She was concerned for Luke's saftey, even though Candy caused her and Jack to get a divorce she was concerned for Candy too, Candy was the one who helped her around in Tennesse. Until then Lori would set and think of a way to fix this mess without involving Bo and Luke.

Candy sighed as she watched Jack walk away and knew that she had no choice but to go with him. If she didn't, not only would he know what she didn't want him to know yet, but he would also come and find her and ruin what she had with Luke.

She turned and headed back indoors with a smile to Luke, kissing him softly before she said.

"I've had a great night...but....my brother isn't feelin' so good an' I need to take him home...but i';ll see you tomorrow..."

Candy swallowed hard at the unspoken want and almost need for her to stay...she knew from the way he looked at her that she was worried she wouldn't come back to him...that she would leave him all over again.

Biting her lip, she kissed him again deeply.

"Luke....I love you...more than anythin' an' I want to be with you...okay...but I need to go tonight...I promise, i'm not going anywhere and if I don't turn up tomorrow then you can bet there's somethin' wrong cause there ain't nothin' that I can help is gonna keep me away from you after so long being apart...alright..."

Candy sighed softly and nodded back, hugging him close and kissing him once more before heading out the Boar's Nest and back to Jack's car, getting into the passenger seat and buckling in.

"Alright, let's go..."

Bo watched as Luke said goodbye to Candy before heading over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder softly and asking.

"You ready to go home?"

Luke nodded. "Yeah...I ain't got a reason to stay." He tried not to sound bitter about it, but something about her brother bothered Luke. Hadn't she told him she was putting er kid brother through college. Jack was around Candy's age...maybe close to Luke's... and he did not dress as a college kid. But why , he asked himself, would Candy not tell him about her older brother?

Bo sighed gently and lead Luke out to the General Lee - he didn't need an x-ray machine to see the cogs whirring in Luke's mind, he could tell from the look in Luke's eyes that they were really humming about something.

He slid into the driver's seat once Luke was in and started up the powerful engine, taking off for home.