Waylon Jennings

Skipper Duke

Some songs of Waylon that are my favorites, Goin' Down Rockin', and Never Say Die. Here's some lyrics from Never Say Die.

There's snow on the mountain A fire down below No place to hide Now there is no place to go Seems like I'm surrounded by the trouble in the air If there's anyway out I can't find it anywhere But I'll never say die

Some lyrics from Goin' Down Rockin'

One foot on the mountain The other one in the street All kinds of trouble and I'm caught in between I can't change my way of doin' it It's gonna lay like it falls But if I can't go down rockin' I ain't gonna go down at all

25 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Speaking of country music singers on the Dukes I see one of the Oak Ridge Boys died. 

Thanks for letting us know, Roger.

Joe Bonsall, one of the mainstays of country music's leading vocal group, the Oak Ridge Boys, for 51 years, died Tuesday at 76. The cause of death was complications of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.

Read the full article at variety.com.

1 hour ago, HossC said:

Thanks for letting us know, Roger.

Joe Bonsall, one of the mainstays of country music's leading vocal group, the Oak Ridge Boys, for 51 years, died Tuesday at 76. The cause of death was complications of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.

Read the full article at variety.com.

That's terrible. Roger thanks for letting us know about it. Hoss thanks for the link.

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Speaking of country music singers on the Dukes I see one of the Oak Ridge Boys died. 

I am so sad about this. I love the Oak Ridge Boys. My sister was planning on seeing them in September. I may have went, but probably not because I'd have to take a vacation day. One of the other Oak Ridge boys just lost his son over the weekend. Just so sad.  :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...