Tragedy in my life

RogerDuke

• 1 month later...

Today was one of the most difficult days in my life. We got together and sorted through my daughter's stuff, deciding who gets what and what should go to charity. To make it even more difficult, that wasn't the only stuff we sorted out. Her mom died of cervical cancer 8 years ago (We had been divorced since 1989). My daughter couldn't bring herself to give most of her mom's things away....so today we sorted and divided that also. There was so much stuff it took all day. The good news is that there was not a single disagreement over who got what. I feel like I have just been run over by a Mack truck. What a tough day. Almost as difficult as July 22. I'm all out of tears. Hmmm, maybe not. More coming now. 

On 9/16/2023 at 11:55 PM, RogerDuke said:

Today was one of the most difficult days in my life. We got together and sorted through my daughter's stuff, deciding who gets what and what should go to charity. To make it even more difficult, that wasn't the only stuff we sorted out. Her mom died of cervical cancer 8 years ago (We had been divorced since 1989). My daughter couldn't bring herself to give most of her mom's things away....so today we sorted and divided that also. There was so much stuff it took all day. The good news is that there was not a single disagreement over who got what. I feel like I have just been run over by a Mack truck. What a tough day. Almost as difficult as July 22. I'm all out of tears. Hmmm, maybe not. More coming now. 

Sending hugs and prayers your way, Roger. That would be so difficult and I am sorry you are going through all this. *HUGS*

I just want to thank everybody who has been so loving and supportive. The HazzardNet is such an amazing and caring place. My difficult journey is evolving and I am starting to make adjustments. For example, we got a lot of sympathy cards but I have put them away in a box because keeping them out forever wouldn't be emotionally healthy....(at least for me. There's no right or wrong way to heal so it might work for others). 

Anyway, I request that this thread be deleted. I think it would be better for me (like with the sympathy cards) if I moved on from the thread. Hoss or MM, if you want to wait a day or 2 for final thoughts before deleting that would be fine but this will be my last post on the thread. It has done it's job by bringing me comfort. Thank you again everybody for all the love and support!  ❤ 

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

I just want to thank everybody who has been so loving and supportive. The HazzardNet is such an amazing and caring place. My difficult journey is evolving and I am starting to make adjustments. For example, we got a lot of sympathy cards but I have put them away in a box because keeping them out forever wouldn't be emotionally healthy....(at least for me. There's no right or wrong way to heal so it might work for others). 

Anyway, I request that this thread be deleted. I think it would be better for me (like with the sympathy cards) if I moved on from the thread. Hoss or MM, if you want to wait a day or 2 for final thoughts before deleting that would be fine but this will be my last post on the thread. It has done it's job by bringing me comfort. Thank you again everybody for all the love and support!  ❤ 

Cousin Roger... I am always here for you if you need to talk.

13 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I've never tried to delete a whole thread, Roger. It may be within my powers, but I'd rather that Meadowmufn did it.

20 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I understand this and think this is an emotionally healthy response. Always remember  though, you can always pm me and ( you should have my number, if not, just ask.)  you can always have  a private conversation with your favorite town drunk and car dealer! ( I've got the prettiest little red buggies in Hazzard.....they all look red to me!)  :)  or we can just pm here....however you like it brother!  :) 

On 9/25/2023 at 2:15 PM, HossC said:

I've never tried to delete a whole thread, Roger. It may be within my powers, but I'd rather that Meadowmufn did it.

Okay. That's fine. It's not a big deal. It's just that seeing it hurts a little when I bump into it. It helped when I started it but is now a bit of a distraction. I just request that folks stop posting so it slowly works it's way to the bottom. Are you able to close (edit: lock may be the better word) it so nobody else can post? Let me repeat myself: I am very appreciative for all the comfort it provided and thank those who have posted their love and sympathy. 

Edited by RogerDuke

• 4 months later...

I just finished rereading all these posts and I'm glad the thread didn't get deleted as I requested. Unfortunately tragedy has struck again. After it got dark my dad called and told me that my mom never came in after her evening walk. He can barely get around so I went over and found her dead in the yard in a dark spot that the street light doesn't illuminate. It was probably a heart issue or a stroke but unless they do an autopsy I may never know. From what I understand they don't do autopsies on elderly people with a lot of health issues. It's only been 6 hours since it happened so it's still sinking in. 

51 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I just finished rereading all these posts and I'm glad the thread didn't get deleted as I requested. Unfortunately tragedy has struck again. After it got dark my dad called and told me that my mom never came in after her evening walk. He can barely get around so I went over and found her dead in the yard in a dark spot that the street light doesn't illuminate. It was probably a heart issue or a stroke but unless they do an autopsy I may never know. From what I understand they don't do autopsies on elderly people with a lot of health issues. It's only been 6 hours since it happened so it's still sinking in. 

OMG! Praying for you Roger and your dad!

18 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Oh Roger. I am so sorry you found your mom and for your loss. That is so sad and hard. Sending hugs and prayers your way. 

On 2/5/2024 at 11:25 PM, RogerDuke said:

Roger, you have my heart my friend! I'm so sorry for all this happening to you! I promise you , all you need to do is call me or contact me here, if you need a shoulder to lean on, cry on etc. or if you need a sympathetic ear to listen.  I'm going to pm you my email, phone number ( I think you  already have it though.), etc. This thread is still open and I'm sure everyone here is with you at this time! Please feel the comfort and power coming from all of us!