Everything posted by General Grant
-
Happy Birthday Sorrell!!!
Happy Birthday Boss Hogg and Sorrell Booke! I don't know 'bout y'all, but I really like Boss Hogg, I think that he really adds to the whole moral of the show. That everyone has a good side! Wouldn't it be nice to live in a place where even the "bad guys" are good! General Grant
-
Happy Birthday Rick!
Who wrote a book about learning to swim? If someone did, I think I should read it!!!! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK AND CLETUS!! General Grant
-
Fels like the site died
Hey Rosco_Lover! Thanks for expressing your opinion. Yes, I do agree, it does seem slow lately. Oh, uh... Welcome traster67! I'll catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Fels like the site died
Hey Rosco_Lover! What's up? I am sorry, but what are you trying to say? I am not sure I understand. Are you saying that it feels like the site died? Why is that, if you don't mind my asking? Hope to hear from you soon! General Grant
-
Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008
Nicely put, TimDuke! I agree, KITT's voice should be by William Daniels. How old is he, now, anyways? I tried looking up one time how old he was, but I can never remember if it is William Daniels, or Daniel Williams! Some fan, huh?! Does anyone happen to know what time it will be on, and the time zone! If I can, maybe I will watch it, although I probably will not like it! But, I will try to have an open mind! I hope, maybe, I will try! General Grant
-
DVD problems
that could be, Morgan. I don't know about y'all, but I personally like the single sided discs. I tend to not be paying attention to what I am doing, and put the wrong side in, then have to flip the disc, so it takes twice as long! I hope that you find out what is wrong! Good Luck! General Grant
-
Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008
Quite true, Julieduke! Is it just me, or should chargers have only 2 doors? I notice that the '08 Dodge Chargers have four doors, and are not as sharp looking as the '69 charger. Anyway, is the series coming to cable? I still don't think they should change KITT so much! General Grant
-
Daisy Duke Wardrobe Malfunction in Season 6
Hey Y'all I agree with what you are saying, Roger, about Jesse defending Daisy's honor. And, this is degrading to all of the girls here. It seems to me that it would make one wonder if that is the only reason people look at them. Not because of their personalities, but becasue they are just being disgusting and totally inappropriate. BoJamesDuke, I agree with you, I also do not like that kind of stuff. Which is why I don't understand why guys would zoom in on Daisy, and girls would zoom in on Bo, Luke, or any of the other male characters on the show. I don't understand why you would take a family show, and twist it into something like that where you go looking for trouble(the malfunctions.) Yes, certain malfunctions are fun to see, for example, if someone messed up a line, or tripped over something, or even if in a certain shot you can see one of the cameras. But, I draw the line at "wardrobe malfunctions." They simply are not acceptable. Now, I am willing to bet that you'd almost have to be studying the character to pick up on something like that. One last thing to BoJamesDuke, and that is thank you for stating your opinions in a nice manner. I think you really have a way of getting a point across without coming off as being rude. So, a sincere thanks for that. General Grant
-
Daisy Duke Wardrobe Malfunction in Season 6
Hey everyone Capt. Redneck...Calm down about your signature. I never said that it was horrible or that I had a problem with it. When I said that you were getting all up in arms, I was referring to you getting upset on post # 29 when you misinterpreted (which may have been my fault) that I had a problem with your signature. As for my saying "But I don't think that getting all ticked off and rude is the way to get an opinion across" I was talking generally. We are all getting somewhat upset about the whole thing. I must be hard to understand, so next time I will try to be more clear as to what I am writing so it doesn't get so confusing. Thank you for the lyrics, yes, I am well aware of the song. I, too, own a radio!! As for the site,there is nothing wrong with it, but there is ALWAYS room for improvement! Moral Majority Signing out! General Grant
-
What do you drive?
Hey Y'all! MaryAnne, although I do not want to sway your decision, I do tend to agree wtih Julieduke. But, then again, I am a Knight Rider Fan! General Grant
-
Daisy Duke Wardrobe Malfunction in Season 6
First off Capt Redneck post #29 When you are saying "What language are you referring to? My Signature? Come off of it..." No, I was not referring to your signature. I have better things to do than critique what people choose as their signatures. Next time before you get all up in arms, please know what is going on. Don't everyone agree with what they hold true? Yes, I do want it changed, not only because I agree with it, but because I think it is showing (again, if it doesn't offend anyone, I am going to use the word) high moral character for us Dukes to show that we do not watch the show because of that type of thing. I do not think that any of us are here to judge. In fact, I think we all want the same thing, and that is to make the site better. We all just have different opinions about how to do it. For now, I am going to stand on what I think is right, unless someone says something that can change my opinion, and that has been known to happen. But I don't think that getting all ticked off and being rude is the way to get an opinion across. That also includes me, for those of you who think I am goody-two shoes! General Grant
-
Daisy Duke Wardrobe Malfunction in Season 6
First off, I think Roger was saying that the Dukes toned down the content of the show because that is what people wanted, (and correct me Roger if I am wrong on that) not that people wanted it moved to California. Quite frankly, I don't have a preference where they film it, as long as it turns out as good as seasons 3-7 were. And that happened. Sorry Roger if I am misreading you here, too, but I think that you were saying that we shouldn't focus so hard on Cathy in that way. No, it was not written here, but I think that by watching so hard for malfunctions like that is in agreeance with what Roger was saying. Also I'd like to put in my two cents from a few posts ago... First off, please watch your language. This is a family site, and should be treated as such. Secondly, maybe you aren't a firm believer in family values or high moral standards, but I am. I do not stand behind them, or use them as a shield, I stand firmly on my beliefs. About Daisy in jail on her fake birthday, that was from the first season, that didn't make the entire show. Unless you didn't get around to watching the rest of the series, you may have noticed that it was pretty much nonexistant (or toned down, which ever you prefer) beyond season 2. I never said Daisy wasn't good looking, I just believe that we should not view her in such a dishonoring way. I loved the way you put everything Laura Duke, You have such a great perspective on things. I can tell that you really thought things out, and would like to thank you for your opinion. It was greatly apreciated that you give your thoughts in such a great way. Now, that's my uncle Jesse (Roger) you are talking about. I would not be surprised to find that many posts take over a year to get answered. Simply because there are so many threads to look through. It would take the average person a LONG time to read through each and every one. Anyway, I would like to thank all of you for your opinions. I do not want to come off as rude to any of you, or be a difficult person, but I just think that the Dukes if family entertainment, and shouldn't be treated as anything else. Heck, if I wanted to see the other stuff, I might as well watch the movie. I'll catch y'all later. General Grant
-
DVD problems
That is really weird. I have the same problem, but it comes and goes. It could possibly be that the DVD player just don't like the disc. I can't imagine how anyone or anything could not like the Dukes of Hazzard! I don't know what to tell y'all! I guess some players are more picky than others??? Anyway, if I find something out, I will let y'all know. I hope you are able to play the Dukes soon, though. General Grant
-
What do you drive?
Hey Y'all! That is great to hear. 14 Miles per gallon isn't too bad. I have hear worse. I heard somewhere, and I am not sure that it is true, that the original General Lee gets between 6 and 8 MPG. So, all in all, the Trans Am isn't too bad. Good luck with your restoration job. I am sure it will turn out great. General Grant
-
Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008
Hey Y'all! Sorry to get so revved up on this subject! Do you happen to know if it will return on cable? If that is the case, I am going to go absolutely mad becase I don't get cable. Anyway, I will try to refrain judgement until I can see the series. Y'all probably think I am crazy! But, still, how could they change KITT so drastically?! Anyway, thanks for the reassurance and the trying to calm me down! General Grant
-
Should newer movie actors be at Dukesfest?
Well Said Garrett Duke! You really know how to get your point across in a short amount of space, and you are really respectful of the other opinions. You said that wonderfully! Keep it up! General Grant If this is how much uproar was caused by a hypothetical, I'd hate to see what would happen if it was announced that it was really going to happen!
-
DVD problems
Did you only try the disc once? It might be your player, seeing as how it worked on another machine. Sometimes they are picky! I'd maybe clean off the tray that holds the disc and see if that helps. General Grant
-
What do you drive?
That is nice to know. How does it run? If you use it to get to and from work you must use it quite a bit. General Grant
-
Daisy Duke Wardrobe Malfunction in Season 6
Thank you MaryAnne for weighing in. I just thinkg that things like this belong better in the Hazzard Swamp. I don't know about everyone else, but I think that we should be setting a better example of what the Dukes is all about, and I do not think that looking at the characters in that manner is how to do it. I know that I have always (and still do) disagreed with some of the clothing choices of the Dukes, and always felt that it was a family show, so they should dress the part. I do apreciate the casual and openness of the site, and I would not want any of the stuff to get deleted, it is just that I think that the subject matter has upset a couple of people, so I would think that common sense and courtesy would begin to kick in, and it would be at least taken to the Hazzard Swamp. At least when Cathy fell out of her shirt, every one looked away! I have always veiwed the Dukes to have a real family values and high moral sense to them, I am not sure, but I do not think that looking for stuff like that is very family oriented. It does not offend me that there is a post here about that, it is the whole idea that there are Duke fans out there doing that, and sending links that gets me. What happened to high moral values? I do not know about y'all, but the Dukes I have been watching is one that shows the real value of family, and one that for 48 minutes, you can feel like you are somewhere you belong, and you can always find a friend. General Grant
-
Daisy Duke Wardrobe Malfunction in Season 6
Hey Y'all That was very accomodating of you to not put the pictures on the site. Thank you for your thoughtfulness regarding that. It is appreciated. I am glad that you are not offended by any of the replies, that is the last thing us Dukes want to do is offend someone. However, I do feel very strongly on the subject matter. I don't think that we should be posting stuff like this, but if we have to, I think that we 'ought to put it in the Hazzard Swamp. I certainly hope that Catherine didn't get the shots, I know if I did a respected family show, and someone sent something like that, I would be very upset. But, I am glad she didn't give a negative response. I like to think she has higher standards than stooping so low as to tell someone off. I understand that we are all human beings, but I certainly hope that looking for wardrobe malfunctions of Daisy, Bo, Luke, or any of the other characters is not why people watch the show. I am aware that other guys are on this site, but I know a few of them to be well mannered, and not all guys have to go looking for stuff like that. Same goes for the girls on this site, too. I just don't think that we should be looking at the Dukes of Hazzard, or any other show, that way. I don't think you should like her for just her smile, you should like people for their personalities, and not be looking at people that way. We should be showing the rest of the world what being a Duke is all about, and I do not think that this is how it is done. Thank you for trying to accomodate everyone and not trying to offend them by removing the urls. I like to think that this site has high standards, and the moderators seem like great people. I am sure they only delete extremely horrible things, and I would like to think that it would not have to come to that anywhere on this site. However, it is a free country, so you should be able to post it if you feel it is that important, but I think it is both disgusting, and inappropriate. I do not take offense to people giving their opinions, but I think we should do it nicely. As for trying to please people, I believe in that to a point. I agree with what you are saying about not seein' eye to eye, that is a great thing, if we all thought the same life would be boring. General Grant
-
Opening Teaser
Hey Y'all! I apologize Denver C. Were you sayin' that 'cause I wrote "he agreed with me?" I am real sorry 'bout that! I don't think that they would put Waylon's voice on some DVDs and some other guy's voice on others. I don't know. I do think that someone should ask one of the crew or cast members this question. That would be a quick solution. Unless they don't know! As for the opening song, I remeber that I once got a Waylon CD from the library and was reading it and (if memory serves me correct) it said "two modern day Robin Hoods" I guess we could ask the crew/cast that one, too! Anyway, enjoy your time off, and have a great Year! General Grant
-
New here....
Hey JonnyDuke! I hope that you enjoy your stay in Hazzard! I am sure you will meet new people, and enjoy yourself. The first post is just as exciting as the hundreth post because there is never a dull moment here. I hope you have a great Christmas, and a wonderful 2008! General Grant
-
Merry Christmas 2007
Hey Y'all! Like everyone before me has said, Merry Christmas! This was another brilliant idea from Roger! I also feel like a part of a great family. You were all very welcoming when I joined, and the excitement hasn't stopped since! I agree with Roger, y'all are a family and I am honored to be a part of that. This is really a great group of people. I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. And hope that you get to find time to spend with the ones you love, and find that the new year will be a great one to look ahead to. Thank you all for everything you have taught me, and are still showin' me! General Grant P.S. Leave it to me to get here at the last minute! At least I'm not late, though, so that is an improvement!!
-
DVD problems
Hey Y'all! I always thought it was just me that had problems sometimes, and always thought my DVD player was bein' tempermental! But, have you tried playing the disc in another DVD player or your computer? Sometimes that works. Do all of your other DVDs work in it? Sometimes cleaning the disc as well as the tray on the player works. Otherwise, I am not sure. Hope you get some answers. That must be so frustrating to have to look at the box and not be able to watch it! General Grant
-
Opening Teaser
Hey Y'all! Yes, I am saying that I think Waylon does the teasers for all 7 seasons. Don't worry, Roger, Laura has a way of trippin' people up by answerin' other folks mail! Khee! I just escaped from that barrel you had me over! Khee Khee! I love it, I just love it! General Grant