Everything posted by DaisyMaeDuke
-
Why is it...
He swallowed hard and gave Jaime an almost shy smile as he helped with the bags. he couldn't believe he had really done this. to be sure everyone he spoke to thought he was crazy...but it certainly wasn't anything that hadn't been said about Luke Duke before...or any Duke for that matter.
-
Why is it...
"She's here?!" said Luke, going quickly to the door and near stumbling over his feet as he did.
-
Why is it...
"I suppose," answered Luke softly, starting to pace the floor again. "I reckon now I know what expectant fathers feel like."
-
Why is it...
"But...it is the first time...in this way" insisted Luke. He sighed, knowing no one would ever understand the jumble of nerves working overtime inside of him. He glanced out the window. "Shouldn't they be here by now?! What if she changed her mind?"
-
Why is it...
Luke sighed and nodded. "I'm so nervous..." he admitted, though any man with an eye on Luke could notice the obvious.
-
Why is it...
Luke turned to his cousin. "Do...do I look ok?" He felt like he was getting ready for his first date, though he had never been this nervous around any girl before.
-
Why is it...
"I can't help it Bo...you'd be doing the same thing if you was me..." replied Luke looking once more out the window.
-
Bo, Like and Daisy's parents
Well...my only other thought would be that, if their parents were killed at the same time, maybe they still didn't arrive at the same time. Perhaps Daisy or Luke stayed elsewhere for a time, with other relatives. I'll have to think about that:)
-
Why is it...
Luke returned his smile. "Yeah...I know...but...thanks just the same."
-
Why is it...
"Thanks Bo...for bein here..."
-
Why is it...
Luke nodded. "Daisy probably would get further than any of us...bein a girl an all."
-
Why is it...
Luke shrugged. "If you like."
-
Why is it...
Luke nodded a little and watched him go.
-
Bo, Like and Daisy's parents
About Daisy's mother, that is what I always assumed...she would be a tom boy if she was raised by an original Duke boy... of course if Jesse said the boys were real little too...that is pretty vague...but they did talk about Bo as a crying baby...agh so confusing...
-
Why is it...
"Meantime...I dont know how to keep her from being put back with her momma."
-
Why is it...
Luke nodded. "I will."
-
Why is it...
Luke sighed and nodded. "I know...but I also know that if ya don't like the way something is, it ain't gonna change itself."
-
Why is it...
"I know it," agreed Luke. "I just...I can't bare to think of her livin like that, when we've got room...and plenty of love to spare." It wasn't often that Luke spoke this way and he knew he had their attention. "It isn't fair...and it ain't right."
-
Why is it...
"I thought about...trying to get custody of her," admitted Luke quietly.
-
Why is it...
Luke quickly explained the situation. "We gotta help her."
-
Why is it...
Luke went to his arms hugging him close before pulling quickly away.
-
Why is it...
Luke stood up. He was preparing himself for a tongue lashing at the very least.
-
Why is it...
Luke rolled his eyes and shook his head.
-
Why is it...
Luke smirked. "Cute."
-
Bo, Like and Daisy's parents
It is unofficial in that it isn't owned by Watner Brothers. Catherine Bach actually wrote the forward to it.