Everything posted by DaisyMaeDuke
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
"Why would you be glad I said somethin' like that?" asked Luke, a confused look on his face.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
The thought did not comfort Luke much. "I never meant to hurt you," he said quietly looking down.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke looked at him, his lip quivering. "I didn't....I...oh God, Uncle Jesse...I'm so sorry!" He hugged his uncle close, burying his dark curly head against his overalls, the memory coming back to him and the realization that he had most likely hurt his uncle as much as Jaime had just hurt him.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke shook his head. "No...I would never say that about you...never..."
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke swallowed hard. "I don't know what I'm doing...I don't. You heard her in there. She wouldn't have said it if there hadn't been a grain of truth to it. I ain't a dad....I'm a guy who adopted her."
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke found himself hugging into his uncle, tears finding their way from his eyes as he said that. "Was...a time...that was all I wanted Jesse...I dunno...why...it hurts so much any more...I always missed him...but not like this...never like this.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
The action caught Luke off guard, so much so that he didn't pull away as he normally would have. The soft circular movements on his back seemed to be rubbing away the walls around his heart, encouraging him to cry, which he refused to do. Not here...not now.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke sighed. The last thing he wanted was to have a "talk" with his uncle about what was going on in his mind. He'd rather Jesse march him to the woodshed. It would be easier and quicker.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke pushed himself up, never one to stay still for long. Bo had always been on him to open up, not keep it inside...and the minute he tried to...no, it wasn't worth it. He took a stone and threw it far into the distance walking in that direction , not caring where he was going , just wanting to get away.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke said nothing. He knew he had upset Bo with his honesty, but he had never lied to Bo. He had hoped that maybe Bo would understand the longing or at least try to. But he didn't. Luke shook his head sadly feeling as if the whole family was turning against him.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke shook his head* "No Bo...No...I love being here...with Jesse...and Daisy...and havin you...I just...I miss my Dad Bo..."
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke nodded. "More now...than ever."
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke sighed. "I can remember my Daddy Bo. I don't remember much...but I remember words...hugs...my life...before the farm..."
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
"It ain't the same..." said Luke with a sigh, not knowing how to explain how it was different for Bo. "I love Uncle Jesse...and I'm grateful for all he done fer me...and if I hadn't already had a daddy, I'd be proud to consider him mine....but it ain't like that..." he choked a little ashamed of the way he was carrying on.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
"I don't know what I'm doin! They made a mistake!" he cried out from behind his hands. "I ain't a dad...I've never even had a dad!"
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
"She's right Bo..." he choked out. "I ain't a dad...what was I thinking....I don't know nothin bout raisin a daughter...and she knows I don't." He slid down beside the towering oak tree beside him and hid his face in his hands.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke didn't laugh at the comparison. He didn't even agree or make a witty comment. He just looked at Bo with tearfilled eyes.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke heard Bo from behind him but shook his head. The last thing he wanted to hear was Bo tell him how wrong he was for walking out. His heart was breaking and he just wanted to get away.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
To say you could hear a pin drop was putting it mildly. As happy as Luke had been 2 hours before, he fell from his cloud and fell hard. Without another word, he set down his napkin and walked out the door.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Flushes embarrassed that Daisy would confront him in front of Jaime. "She is NOT your daughter Daisy! She's mine!"
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
"Course not..not to you...ain't your daughter... maybe if it was you wouldn't be so anxious to go around in short shorts and low cut tops either..." It sounded mean and he knew it, but he didn't take it back.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
"I s'pose, " answered Luke though he wasnt much comforted by that.
-
Daddy Duke (continuation of Why is it)
Luke shook his head. "Negotiate..." He didn't like the sound of that. "No girl of mine is gonna dress like that. When she is Daisy's age I can't do nothin' bout it but right now..." He chuckled almost catching himself saying the "as long as you live under my roof you'll do as I say "speech that Jesse had given to him so many times.
-
Feedback for Daddy Duke
We value your feedback! So if you have questions, ideas or comments on the story, please let us know ! Happy Reading! BoJames & DaisyMae
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread