Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch

On 8/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, HossC said:

Like the Boar's Nest, the Duke Farm got moved from the Golden Oak Ranch to Lake Sherwood to Valencia Oaks. I think that the last screen appearance I've found so far is a 1988 episode of Murder She Wrote (see earlier in this thread). It's certainly not there any more.

You can see it in the background in the 1991 movie 'Nothing but trouble' if that counts.

• 1 month later...

Saw some familiar sights while watching a video on the Nothing But Trouble movie that I've never seen before. Would have been pretty cool to be on the set of this movie and drive by a field of General Lee's every day. Dan Akroyd is a know gear head I wonder if he ever went over and had a look at the fleet during production. 

New-Bitmap-Image-2.png

New-Bitmap-Image-3.png

New-Bitmap-Image-5.png

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Danny said:

New guy here thanks for the info. Does anyone else have any pictures or info from the other place they used before Georgia. It was the Disney owned grounds. 

The Georgia episodes were first, then they moved filming to California. The Warner Bros' back lot appeared in all seven seasons for the urban scenes, but rural scenes were filmed mainly on Disney's Golden Oaks Ranch, Lake Sherwood and Valencia Oaks Ranch in that order (as well as surrounding roads).

There are several mentions of Golden Oaks in the Hazzard Square thread. We also discussed its use in the Herbie movies in this thread.

I’ve heard in interviews with the ‘Duke Boys’ before, that some of the rural scenes were out where Little House On the Prairie filmed as well...and one time when they secretly took one of the Generals for a wild joyride through the area, they accidentally got too close and damaged something on the house used as the house for the blind on “Little House”. Needless to say, producers for both shows weren’t pleased, lol! :lol: 

:previous:

I looked up filming locations for Little House on the Prairie on IMDb, and the only two I recognized as Dukes filming locations were Lake Sherwood (apparently used for homestead exteriors) and Laramie Street at Warner Bros' Studios. Lake Sherwood was the more rural of these locations, but I haven't heard this story. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for sharing.

6 hours ago, HossC said:

:previous:

I looked up filming locations for Little House on the Prairie on IMDb, and the only two I recognized as Dukes filming locations were Lake Sherwood (apparently used for homestead exteriors) and Laramie Street at Warner Bros' Studios. Lake Sherwood was the more rural of these locations, but I haven't heard this story. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I can’t remember exactly where I watched the interview with John Schneider and Tom Wopat...it might have been YouTube, or one of the older interviews as bonus features on one of the season DVD sets, or somewhere else online?

I just remember them laughing about how they grabbed one of the General Lees (when they weren’t supposed to) and took off on a joyride through the rural filming location...which was also used some for “Little House”. They specifically mentioned the blind school, and that they somehow damaged part of the exterior of the building used for that. :lol: It could very well have been the Lake Sherwood location. :)