Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch

On 8/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, HossC said:

Like the Boar's Nest, the Duke Farm got moved from the Golden Oak Ranch to Lake Sherwood to Valencia Oaks. I think that the last screen appearance I've found so far is a 1988 episode of Murder She Wrote (see earlier in this thread). It's certainly not there any more.

You can see it in the background in the 1991 movie 'Nothing but trouble' if that counts.

• 1 month later...

Saw some familiar sights while watching a video on the Nothing But Trouble movie that I've never seen before. Would have been pretty cool to be on the set of this movie and drive by a field of General Lee's every day. Dan Akroyd is a know gear head I wonder if he ever went over and had a look at the fleet during production. 

New-Bitmap-Image-2.png

New-Bitmap-Image-3.png

New-Bitmap-Image-5.png

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Danny said:

New guy here thanks for the info. Does anyone else have any pictures or info from the other place they used before Georgia. It was the Disney owned grounds. 

The Georgia episodes were first, then they moved filming to California. The Warner Bros' back lot appeared in all seven seasons for the urban scenes, but rural scenes were filmed mainly on Disney's Golden Oaks Ranch, Lake Sherwood and Valencia Oaks Ranch in that order (as well as surrounding roads).

There are several mentions of Golden Oaks in the Hazzard Square thread. We also discussed its use in the Herbie movies in this thread.

I’ve heard in interviews with the ‘Duke Boys’ before, that some of the rural scenes were out where Little House On the Prairie filmed as well...and one time when they secretly took one of the Generals for a wild joyride through the area, they accidentally got too close and damaged something on the house used as the house for the blind on “Little House”. Needless to say, producers for both shows weren’t pleased, lol! :lol: 

:previous:

I looked up filming locations for Little House on the Prairie on IMDb, and the only two I recognized as Dukes filming locations were Lake Sherwood (apparently used for homestead exteriors) and Laramie Street at Warner Bros' Studios. Lake Sherwood was the more rural of these locations, but I haven't heard this story. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for sharing.

6 hours ago, HossC said:

I looked up filming locations for Little House on the Prairie on IMDb, and the only two I recognized as Dukes filming locations were Lake Sherwood (apparently used for homestead exteriors) and Laramie Street at Warner Bros' Studios. Lake Sherwood was the more rural of these locations, but I haven't heard this story. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I can’t remember exactly where I watched the interview with John Schneider and Tom Wopat...it might have been YouTube, or one of the older interviews as bonus features on one of the season DVD sets, or somewhere else online?

I just remember them laughing about how they grabbed one of the General Lees (when they weren’t supposed to) and took off on a joyride through the rural filming location...which was also used some for “Little House”. They specifically mentioned the blind school, and that they somehow damaged part of the exterior of the building used for that. :lol: It could very well have been the Lake Sherwood location. :) 

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, dukes fan uk said:

If you go to the website historicaerials.com it gives you aerial shots of what once was valencia oaks movie ranch (now lyons ranch) the years 1992 and 93 give you the best idea of the lie on the land and most of the buildings are still standing.

Welcome to Hazzard County. Tell us more about yourself. Do you have a favorite character or favorite episode? How long have you been a fan? Do you have Dukes memorabilia or a DVD set? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 8:39 AM, dukes fan uk said:

If you go to the website historicaerials.com it gives you aerial shots of what once was valencia oaks movie ranch (now lyons ranch) the years 1992 and 93 give you the best idea of the lie on the land and most of the buildings are still standing.

Super interesting thanks for the link! Looks like the Dukes landmarks made it all the way to 93/94 before being torn down. Too bad there's not a shot between 85 and 92 when the field of 20 something GL's and other hazzard vehicles could have been seen from above. Clearly the Wayne Wooten deal had already taken place by the time we get to the 1992 aerial.

So upon closer look I think some GL's can be seen in the 85 aerial but hard to say for sure.

85.png

The orange-ish cluster blob is in the correct area the Tom Sermento shop should be I believe. Some other white objects possibly patrol cars as well. Wish the 85 view was more clear.

The most puzzling thing is when you jump to 92-94. In that same area 1 very clear orange object can be seen surrounded by 2 white objects (again maybe patrol cars?)

92-94.png

ge3rt35.png

When you compare the size to say the Nothing But Trouble mansion or the Duke farm it's the right size for a car. Why this is so strange is if that is a GL why was 1 car left behind after the Wooten deal in 91? What car would this be? The Forever Young WGL02?

• 4 months later...

I recently came across the YouTube channel of Knight Rider Historians. As their name suggests, they research all aspects of Knight Rider, and now own a couple of screen-used cars, and are in the process of restoring the screen-used FLAG semi (truck and trailer). I've only just started watching the videos because most are in the 30-60 minute range, but the one below caught my eye. It mainly concerns the episode 'Out of the Woods' (previous mentioned in this thread), and discusses the Duke Farm and Boar's Nest filming locations.

On 2/5/2023 at 4:53 AM, HossC said:

I recently came across the YouTube channel of Knight Rider Historians. As their name suggests, they research all aspects of Knight Rider, and now own a couple of screen-used cars, and are in the process of restoring the screen-used FLAG semi (truck and trailer). I've only just started watching the videos because most are in the 30-60 minute range, but the one below caught my eye. It mainly concerns the episode 'Out of the Woods' (previous mentioned in this thread), and discusses the Duke Farm and Boar's Nest filming locations.

I’ve recently discovered this YouTube channel myself & have watched a few of the videos (as I was/am as big of a KR fan as I was/am a fan of DOH). 

Recently I discovered that a German company called Turbine put out a special 40th Anniversary Blu-ray set of KR this past fall—which there’s a video about that on this channel as well. The set is actually region free, though, and is SUPERB!!

It has original uncut/unedited NBC airings for the first time since the show originally aired!, with all original music, and completely restored in THE best quality of an older show I’ve ever seen! The special features & memorabilia included are off the charts, too! 

I so wish DOH could get the same restored Blu-ray treatment that KR did—it would be amazing!!

3 hours ago, HossC said:

I did google DOH Blu-Ray when I saw there was one for KR, but not yet. Thanks for the extra info - I haven't watched that video yet. I have the complete KR on DVD, and that's shot up in price since I bought it.

4 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Great idea!

I’ve looked up DOH on Blu-ray several times in the past, just to see if there was a set put out at some point & I didn’t realize it, or if there were plans to put one out in the near future. Sadly, no. Not that I know of...I’m sure the whole liberal/woke garbage over the rebel flag is a big part of it. :roll: 

I’ve also heard before that Warner Bros has stated in recent years that they plan to eventually stop putting out & will phase out physical media...going to streaming only. That will be unbelievably stupid if they do! :angry:

As for KR...I have the original Universal season DVD sets, and the Mill Creek Blu-ray set from a few years ago. However, all of those are syndicated reruns (as that’s what Universal has used for a lot of their older shows when first releasing them to DVD). But, this new 40th Anniversary Blu-ray set by Turbine is SUPERB! It has original uncut episodes, by far out-does even Mill Creek’s Blu-ray quality, and is probably the BEST Blu-ray release ever, that I’ve seen so far! It’s also REGION FREE, and can be played anywhere world wide!

But, it is expensive! However, the special features, tons of memorabilia included in it, the programming & quality of programming, etc...do somewhat justify a higher price. The box it comes in is huge, too...it’s not your standard Blu-ray series size. It’s not a budget release by any means. :wink: My credit card may hate me :-P, but I’m loving this KR set! :banana:If DOH and Miami Vice could get this treatment by Turbine as well, I’d ball like a baby with joy, lol! 

1 hour ago, MonacoMan said:

As for KR...I have the original Universal season DVD sets, and the Mill Creek Blu-ray set from a few years ago. However, all of those are syndicated reruns (as that’s what Universal has used for a lot of their older shows when first releasing them to DVD). But, this new 40th Anniversary Blu-ray set by Turbine is SUPERB! It has original uncut episodes, by far out-does even Mill Creek’s Blu-ray quality, and is probably the BEST Blu-ray release ever, that I’ve seen so far! It’s also REGION FREE, and can be played anywhere world wide!

But, it is expensive! However, the special features, tons of memorabilia included in it, the programming & quality of programming, etc...do somewhat justify a higher price. The box it comes in is huge, too...it’s not your standard Blu-ray series size. It’s not a budget release by any means. :wink: My credit card may hate me :-P, but I’m loving this KR set! :banana:If DOH and Miami Vice could get this treatment by Turbine as well, I’d ball like a baby with joy, lol! 

I've just checked out Turbine's website - it's a cool looking set, but €200 (approx. $213 at today's rates)!

1 hour ago, HossC said:

I've just checked out Turbine's website - it's a cool looking set, but €200 (approx. $213 at today's rates)!

I know...it’s not cheap or a budget set. But, it contains almost the entire KR franchise, besides just the original series (the only thing not included was the 2008 remake 1 season series), Including tons of special features & memorabilia items. It’s expensive, but well worth it if you can do it! :banana:

Edited by MonacoMan

On 2/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, HossC said:

I've watched a few more of the Knight Rider Historians' videos, and while the one below has nothing to do with Valencia Oaks, it does contain a funding appeal from the North East Ohio Dukes. It was only posted just over a week ago, so it should still be current.

I like these vids where they look for these car details! Very nice!