Pets name after Dukes's folks?

TRPColtrane95

Thank-you! I think he has lived up to his name pretty well ... do feel like he has gotten better (thank goodness! LOL) but still has the ornery streak in him.

That is funny. My cat is ornery sometimes. We got my mom flowers and he kept trying to eat them. He also loves to lay on any types of bags.

• 10 years later...

Well I find this post kinda sad seeing me posting about my Rosco being eleven months old back then. Where did the time go? He was my ornery pup who turned into my loyal and loving dogs. Sadly I had to put him down this past Tuesday at eleven years old. He would have been twelve in January. Oh how I miss him and his silly antics.  He will be forever missed and forever loved.  :( 

On 10/12/2011 at 10:46 PM, RogerDuke said:

We have a dog named Daisy. I once had a dog named Bo and a cat named Flash.

And I have a grandson named Luke who was born on Waylon Jennings' birthday.

So sorry to hear about your loss Garrett. I know exactly what it feels like. We lost Daisy 7 years ago and her sister Angel the next year and didn't get another dog until last year. Now our dog is almost 2 years old and also has a Dukes name, Lulu.....well, a middle name that is. Her name is Mocha but then became MochaLou and then MochaLouLou. Sometimes she gets called Lulu....quite a bit actually. Flash the cat is long gone, replaced by Nala from Lion King. I don't remember a single cat on Dukes. 

15 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

So sorry to hear about your loss Garrett. I know exactly what it feels like. We lost Daisy 7 years ago and her sister Angel the next year and didn't get another dog until last year. Now our dog is almost 2 years old and also has a Dukes name, Lulu.....well, a middle name that is. Her name is Mocha but then became MochaLou and then MochaLouLou. Sometimes she gets called Lulu....quite a bit actually. Flash the cat is long gone, replaced by Nala from Lion King. I don't remember a single cat on Dukes. 

Thank you Roger. It's so hard and heart breaking. I use to have a cat named Daisy.  Now I have no Duke related named animal except for my cat who lives at my parents' house whose name is Waylon. I do have a Wrigley kitty and a Rose dog. Wrigley after Wrigley Field and Rose after Rose on Golden Girls (don't judge...LOL. I was sad when Betty White died. Said if I ever get a dog I'd name her Rose...so six months ago I got a ten year old dog and renamed her Rose...) 

There will never be another Rosco. I do hope one day to rescue another younger dog...but no other dog could ever replace him. Nor his sister, Lilly, that I had to put down two years ago. 

I never saw a cat on Dukes...but they tried blaming a sound on a cat when they were held captive on the farm. But Rosco or someone had to pipe in that they don't have a cat. LOL. 

Thank you. <3 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 11:06 AM, Garrett Duke said:

I never saw a cat on Dukes...but they tried blaming a sound on a cat when they were held captive on the farm. But Rosco or someone had to pipe in that they don't have a cat. LOL. 

Thank you. <3 

I swear I remember an episode where Bo or Luke is petting an orange cat when they were visiting someone.