Skipper Duke

Christine fans... 2 reasons the movie used a 2 door car as Christine. I bet you don't know why?

A: There was no real life 4 door Fury in that year. And B: They thought a 2 door would look cooler.

Christine fans... It was also a special custom ordered paint job by the original owner Roland D. LeBay when he bought it. It did not come in that Autumn red and white. They only came in that Buckskin Beige color like the assembly line movie scene.

Will Darnell:"Kiddo, if you sold him that piece of sh**, you oughta be f***in' ashamed of yourself!" Dennis Guilder:"I didn't sell it to him. I tried to talk him out of it." Will Darnell:"You should've tried harder! I knew a guy who had a car like that once. F***in' bastard killed himself in it. Son of bit** was so mean, if poured boilin' water down his throat, he would've pissed ice cubes!"

Edited by Skipper Duke

Will Darnell:"I don't allow no smokin' in here either." Arnie Cunningham:"Well  I don’t smoke." Will Darnell:"Don't interrupt me punk! Don't interrupt me, an' don't get smart!"

Dennis Guilder:"Umm sir."

Will Darnell:"Whaaat."

Dennis Guilder:"Those men over there are smoking. You better tell ‘em to stop."

Will Darnell:"Are you tryin' to help your buddy right out of here Chuck? Dennis Guilder:"No!" Will Darnell:"Then shut your pie hole!"(Turns to Arnie)"I know a creep when I see one. And I think I'm lookin' at one right now."

Edited by Skipper Duke

Christine Fun Fact: Alexandra Paul(Leigh Cabot) played a trick on the Christine set on the director John Carpenter. She let her twin sister do a scene instead of her. They didn't know it wasn't her until she talked. Carpenter said "There's something wrong with Alexandra!"  The bulldozer scene with Dennis at one point her sister was in the scene not her. The only way to tell and her twin sister apart is by voice. John didn't know until she spoke that it wasn't Paul. They look like each other. When she spoke, he said "There's something wrong with Alexandra!" John Carpenter got Alexandra Paul aside later and told her "You little prankster!"

In the book this scene goes like this.  Roland D. LeBay:"Her name is Christine." Arnie Cunningham:"I like that. Don't you Dennis?" Dennis Guilder:"No! If you have to name Arnie, why don't you name it trouble?" George LeBay the brother sold it the car to Arnie in the movie. Roland died 6 weeks ago. Roland sells it in the book himself then dies a few weeks later.

Christine fans... I think it played a trick on Will Darnell the same trick which it played on Dennis Guilder in the book. It made Dennis see it as brand new when he sat in it in Roland's garage. I think it pulled that in the movie on Darnell. When he opened the door I don't think he saw a burned out interior but what he saw was a brand new interior in pristine mint condition instead. You know that car can play tricks to lure you in.