Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes

17 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

(Season 3 Bye, Bye, Boss)

Waylon Jennings:"Now, some people think that just because you always see the Duke Boys tearin' around Hazzard in the General, that they never do any work. Well, they do. They just don't punch nobody's clock but their own."

Out of reactions but always liked this quote!

(Season 4 Dukes in Danger)

Luke:"We ain't never gonna catch 'em unless we go across country." Bo:"I guess we got no choice then."(General Lee jumps)

Bo:"Yeehaa!"(Lands)

Bo:"Instead of the Marines, looks like the General's gonna have to join the Air Force huh?" Luke:"Alright!"(Spots the convicts in Rosco's stolen car.)

Luke:"Well, lookie who we caught up with!" Hammer:"It's them plowboys! How'd they fix their tire that fast?" Leeman:"I don't know. But we better start puttin' some holes in 'em!"

(Season 5 Vance's Lady)

Vance:"What's he blowin' about?" Coy:"Looks like he's had one to many fer the road!" Vance:"What's he tryin' to do? He's gonna drive us off the road." Waylon Jennings:"Now from the look on Jenny's pretty face, I figure she knows who the driver is, and the fact that she ain't sayin' nothin' ain't good."

• 2 weeks later...

(Season 2 Ghost of the General Lee) Bo and Luke are walking home in their boots after the General Lee car and their clothes were stolen while they were skinny dipping. They show up at the farm house of Becky Mae. They ask Becky Mae for some of her Pa's clothes to borrow. The mother shows up, runs the Dukes off. Becky Mae:"Hey Bo. Hey Luke. You guys been skinny dippin'?" Luke:"Not exactly. Uh, we're in kind of a hurry. Could we borrow some clothes maybe?" Becky Mae:"You wanna borrow some of my clothes?" Bo:"No Becky Mae, we wanna borrow some of yer Pa's clothes." Becky Mae:"Pa ain't built like neither one of you!" Becky Mae's Ma shows up. Becky Mae's Ma:"Git in the house Becky Mae!" Becky Mae:"But Ma, I was just talkin'-" Becky Mae's Ma:"Git in the house!"(Turns to the Dukes.)"Now I don't know what mischief you Dukes are up to. But I don't want y'all comin' around here makin' trouble. Every time y'all come up here, my cow dries up, an' my hens stop layin'. Now git!" Luke:"Yes mam. Right... Right away." Bo:"Well, why are we runnin' around lookin' fer clothes?" Luke:"You got me. I learned somethin' though Bo. A man ain't truly been insulted, until he's stood buck naked in front of a woman, an' she didn't even notice!" Bo:"Or care!"

Edited by Skipper Duke
A few mistakes fixed.

(Season 4 Coltrane vs Duke.) Luke Duke:"The stork had to pick this morning fer deliverin'." Doc Appleby:"Be right with you, boys!" Bo Duke:"We can still make it, right?" Luke Duke:"Yeah. Come on Doc! Let's hit the road!" Doc Appleby:"Uh. Boys?" Luke Duke:"You gotta be kiddin'? Not triplets?" Doc Appleby nods and holds up 3 fingers. Waylon Jennings:"They oughta be lucky he ain't a vet. Some dogs have a dozen in the litter."

:previous:

Skipper - I don't know how many times I have to say this, but if you can't quote accurately, don't post it as a quote! I don't know if you're mixing up the quotes yourself or copying them from an unreliable source, but please stop. In the post above you've merged the two parts of the scene while missing bits out and misquoting others. Here's what was actually said:

Bo: "I bet that dang trial's started already."
Luke: "The stork had to pick this morning for delivery."
Bo: "All right, we'll still make it."
Luke: "Come on, Doc, let's hit the road."
Doc Appleby: "Sorry, boys, looks like it's going to be twins."

Doc: "Be right with you, boys."
Bo: "We'll still make it, right?"
Luke: "Yeah."
Doc: "Uh, Boys..."
Luke: "You gotta be kidding. Not triplets."
Balladeer: "They're lucky he ain't a vet. Some dogs have a dozen to the litter."

I haven't had time to check your previous post from 'The Ghost of General Lee', but that's another whole scene for which you created a separate thread. Stick to the couple of quotable lines at the end - we're not after an entire script here.

It was not my intention to stop you posting, Skipper. This is a forum and not Facebook. It should be a place of integrity where we can have fun, but intelligent discussions and interactions without any of the nastiness which seems to go hand in hand with social media. That's why we keep religion, politics and most bad language away from HazzardNet. It's also not about posting dozens of times a day hoping someone will "like" something you said.

The only two things I've asked you to do is to make sure quotes are accurate to what was actually said (this is a pet peeve of mine online, because if I've gone to the trouble of searching out dialogue, I want it to be correct), and to avoid posting quotes with excessive profanity or particularly adult themes (even with censored words). I don't consider either of these requests to be particularly draconian, and everyone else here is able to work within these boundaries.

5 hours ago, HossC said:

It was not my intention to stop you posting, Skipper. This is a forum and not Facebook. It should be a place of integrity where we can have fun, but intelligent discussions and interactions without any of the nastiness which seems to go hand in hand with social media. That's why we keep religion, politics and most bad language away from HazzardNet. It's also not about posting dozens of times a day hoping someone will "like" something you said.

The only two things I've asked you to do is to make sure quotes are accurate to what was actually said (this is a pet peeve of mine online, because if I've gone to the trouble of searching out dialogue, I want it to be correct), and to avoid posting quotes with excessive profanity or particularly adult themes (even with censored words). I don't consider either of these requests to be particularly draconian, and everyone else here is able to work within these boundaries.

I'm sorry HossC. Can I stay?