Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes

:previous:

Please stop posting incorrect quotes. The meeting was held under the guise of a toy convention, and Devere was referring to his buttonhole.

Boss: "Well, step right inside, sir. Door at the end of the little path. On behalf of Hazzard County, I want to welcome you to the toy capital of the world..."

Devere: "Cool it, punk. You're wilting my boutonniere."

When I posted quotes here's how I did it Skipper. Stopped the DVD. Wrote the quote down. Backed the DVD up. Listened to the quote again while I was looking at what I wrote down. Stopped the DVD. Corrected my mistakes. Backed the DVD up and repeated the process until I knew I had it right. 

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

When I posted quotes here's how I did it Skipper. Stopped the DVD. Wrote the quote down. Backed the DVD up. Listened to the quote again while I was looking at what I wrote down. Stopped the DVD. Corrected my mistakes. Backed the DVD up and repeated the process until I knew I had it right. 

Or just screenshot the TV with subtitles turned on and post that way. Lol.

7 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

I think I'm gonna keep the quotes n the Facebook sites where it's more about fun not so much about accuracy. And if something is not word for word, nobody bothers me about it.

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

1 hour ago, Skipper Duke said:

Or just screenshot the TV with subtitles turned on and post that way. Lol.

Skipper, you promised to keep your inaccurate quotes to Facebook at Christmas. You're probably right that they don't care about accuracy, but we do. This is a forum, not Facebook!

Roger, that's exactly what I do. I doesn't take long to do it properly when it's a short back and forth conversation, or a quick aside. When Skipper posts a whole scene as a 'favorite quote', it takes me much longer to check.

Don't rely on the subtitles to be 100% the same as what's actually spoken. They're a good starting point, but sometimes they can get abbreviated to reduce the reading. I also remember one episode where the character says "plowboys" and the subtitles say "cowboys". It's not the only time they were wrong.

Skipper, it was only a week ago that you said you'd keep you inaccurate quotes to Facebook. This time you got Hammer's line wrong.

Hammer: "Hey, Leeman, look at this. I been in them plowboys' closet. Take your pick."
Bo Duke: "Wait a minute. Them there is our clothes."

Admittedly, this is closer than you usually get, but "dang near" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. I have better things to do with my time than correcting your quotes, but I'll keep doing it while you're getting them wrong. If you can't get them right, don't post them here!

38 minutes ago, HossC said:

Skipper, it was only a week ago that you said you'd keep you inaccurate quotes to Facebook. This time you got Hammer's line wrong.

Hammer: "Hey, Leeman, look at this. I been in them plowboys' closet. Take your pick."
Bo Duke: "Wait a minute. Them there is our clothes."

Admittedly, this is closer than you usually get, but "dang near" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. I have better things to do with my time than correcting your quotes, but I'll keep doing it while you're getting them wrong. If you can't get them right, don't post them here!

I'm afraid to post here even if something is RIGHT!

On 7/6/2024 at 11:34 PM, RogerDuke said:

Skipper, I just don't understand why you don't do it the way I suggested here. I hate to side with Hoss but I can't blame him for wanting accuracy. People expect inaccuracies on Facebook but the HazzardNet is the top Dukes of Hazzard website on the planet so accuracy is important since people use it as a reference. 

But please don't get mad about this and leave. You are one of the best things that has happened to HN. You are a walking Dukes encyclopedia and are loaded with love and enthusiasm for Hazzard. You have injected so much energy into the place at a time when things were slowing down and I can't imagine this place without you.  We love ya cousin! ❤ 

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

Skipper, I just don't understand why you don't do it the way I suggested here. I hate to side with Hoss but I can't blame him for wanting accuracy. People expect inaccuracies on Facebook but the HazzardNet is the top Dukes of Hazzard website on the planet so accuracy is important since people use it as a reference. 

But please don't get mad about this and leave. You are one of the best things that has happened to HN. You are a walking Dukes encyclopedia and are loaded with love and enthusiasm for Hazzard. You have injected so much energy into the place at a time when things were slowing down and I can't imagine this place without you.  We love ya cousin! ❤ 

I love all of y'all too Cousin Roger. But it's best for everyone if I stay away from this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 3 The Great Hazzard Hijack 

Bo Duke drives the General Lee into Hazzard Creek while racing Cooter who is driving a 4×4 Jeep Wrangler. Bo tried to follow Cooter across the water, which was a mistake in a regular low sitting car like General Lee.)

Bo: "If the good Lord had meant for cars to swim, he'd have put water wings on them, wouldn't he?"

Luke: "I swear Bo, there are times when- Well, this shouldn't be too hard."

5 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Season 3 The Great Hazzard Hijack 

... while racing Cooter who is driving a 4×4 Jeep Wrangler.

Cooter was driving a Jeep Wagoneer, almost certainly the same one used by CJ Holmes in 'The Runaway'. Jeep didn't start producing the Wrangler until 1986. It replaced the CJ series like the ones driven by Daisy.

2 minutes ago, HossC said:

Cooter was driving a Jeep Wagoneer, almost certainly the same one used by CJ Holmes in 'The Runaway'. Jeep didn't start producing the Wrangler until 1986. It replaced the CJ series like the ones driven by Daisy.

Wow good catch. I thought the Jeep looked familiar. It does look like the one Les Sloan & Mitch Henderson drove.

15 minutes ago, HossC said:

HossC... I think it's the Jeep from Carnival of Thrills too. The one they drive from the Garage to the Junkyard to rescue the General Lee from the crusher.

I know this is for favorite quotes but my favorite scene ( NOT episode.....don't know which one that would be!), is when Boss is crying about Jamie Lee and Daisy and Rosco said he couldn't arrest relatives and Boss says " You know that's always been my prime rule". Then he starts talking about if Daisy and Jamie marry, the Dukes will be  his " Hoggin Laws" !  The whole thing is hilarious! It's enough to make me lose my appetite!.....It makes me hungry!  :) 

8 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

HossC... I think it's the Jeep from Carnival of Thrills too. The one they drive from the Garage to the Junkyard to rescue the General Lee from the crusher.

Yes, that was another similar Jeep. You can also see dark brown Jeep Wagoneers in 'Witness for the Persecution' and 'And in This Corner, Luke Duke'. In the latter, you actually get to see the Wagoneer badge close-up when Luke is being kidnapped, which is unusual product placement for the show.

From season 3, the end credits included "Some vehicles supplied by AMC". They owned Jeep at the time, so the Wagoneers were probably just supplied to promote the model. I've spotted a few differences: there were at least three different wheel designs, there are two different shapes for the wood trim on the sides, and at least one of them had a chrome bull guard, so I'm now doubting that it was the same vehicle. It's just strange that they were always the same color when they were driven by different characters, so there was no need for continuity.

2 hours ago, HossC said:

Yes, that was another similar Jeep. You can also see dark brown Jeep Wagoneers in 'Witness for the Persecution' and 'And in This Corner, Luke Duke'. In the latter, you actually get to see the Wagoneer badge close-up when Luke is being kidnapped, which is unusual product placement for the show.

From season 3, the end credits included "Some vehicles supplied by AMC". They owned Jeep at the time, so the Wagoneers were probably just supplied to promote the model. I've spotted a few differences: there were at least three different wheel designs, there are two different shapes for the wood trim on the sides, and at least one of them had a chrome bull guard, so I'm now doubting that it was the same vehicle. It's just strange that they were always the same color when they were driven by different characters, so there was no need for continuity.

Yeah. It don't make sense for the Jeeps to look similar when different characters drive it in different episodes.

13 hours ago, HossC said:

Yeah normally they put tape over the vehicle brand names. Like they did to the Plymouth Patrol cars and Luke and Catfish Lee's Everlast boxing gloves had tape on the name. Gilligan's Island did this with Alan Hale Jr.'s Lancaster Uniform Cap Co. Skipper hats. The interiors are lined with Gold Silk Satin Sateen and say Lancaster Brand ASK THE MAN WHO WEARS ONE

Established 1929 Los Angeles Calif.

In Gilligan's Island, these interiors were just the Gold Silk Satin Sateen lined in plastic film no writing.

Season 4 Double Dukes 

Boss:"There's Bo an' Luke!"

Rosco:"No, there's Bo an' Luke. See!"

Boss:"Alright! Well, then, cut 'em off you dodo! We don't want 'em to catch Turk an' Moody!"

Rosco:"Which ones Turk an' Moody?"

Boss:"The ones that look like Bo an' Luke."

Rosco:"Well, then, what does Bo an' Luke look like?"

Boss:"Like themselves dummy!"

Rosco:"Then what's Turk an' Moody look like?"

Boss:"Oh don't argue with me! Just cut 'em off will you!? Or you'll have 20 years up the river to figure out which is which!"

Season 2 Mason Dixon's Girls

Bo Duke:"Marijuana!? We sure got ourselves in a heap of trouble this time cousin!"

Luke Duke:"Boss is gonna throw the book at us! Not to mention the federal government! I figure we oughta be outta prison about the time to collect social security!"

Bo Duke(grinning):"That ain't funny Luke! We gotta get ourselves outta this!"

Luke Duke:"Yer right. In the meantime, you just keep on haulin', until we find a safe place to stash this stuff."

Bo Duke:"10-4!"

Skipper, you're meant to be keeping all the incorrect quotes on Facebook! You managed a couple that were nearly there, so I let them go, but in the one above you completely missed out Bo's line about breaking probation and added in extra words that weren't spoken. Stop posting quotes here if they're not right. You've now been asked nicely and then told by myself and several other members.

Here's what was actually said:

Bo: "Marijuana? Sure got ourselves in a heap of trouble this time, cousin."
Luke: "You got that right. Boss is gonna throw the book at us. Not to mention the federal government."
Bo: "When we break our probation, we sure do a bang-up job of it, don't we?"
Luke: "We ought to be out of prison about time to collect social security."
Bo: "That ain't funny, Luke. We gotta get ourselves out of this."
Luke: "Yeah, well while we're figuring out how, you just keep hauling... till we find a safe place to stash this stuff."
Bo: "10-4."

3 hours ago, HossC said:

Skipper, you're meant to be keeping all the incorrect quotes on Facebook! You managed a couple that were nearly there, so I let them go, but in the one above you completely missed out Bo's line about breaking probation and added in extra words that weren't spoken. Stop posting quotes here if they're not right. You've now been asked nicely and then told by myself and several other members.

Here's what was actually said:

Bo: "Marijuana? Sure got ourselves in a heap of trouble this time, cousin."
Luke: "You got that right. Boss is gonna throw the book at us. Not to mention the federal government."
Bo: "When we break our probation, we sure do a bang-up job of it, don't we?"
Luke: "We ought to be out of prison about time to collect social security."
Bo: "That ain't funny, Luke. We gotta get ourselves out of this."
Luke: "Yeah, well while we're figuring out how, you just keep hauling... till we find a safe place to stash this stuff."
Bo: "10-4."

All quotes over there right or not.