1,000HP 1968 Dodge Charger

HossC

I missed this story at the end of last year, but luckily it was mentioned on the new series of 'The Grand Tour'. Here's a '68 Dodge Charger fitted with the 426 Hemi Hellephant crate motor similar to the one found in the Hellcat. As well as the 1,000-hp engine, there's a six-speed manual transmission, six-piston Brembo brakes and Hellcat wheels measuring 20 inches in front and 21 inches in back. More info here.

HellephantCharger.jpg

There are several videos about the car, including this one:

11 minutes ago, Hobie Harkins said:

That's a sharp looking machine...but I STILL prefer the General!

The General was black before he was orange. I wonder if 'ol Cooter still has any of that orange paint left. Remember when Daisy said " I'll paint that flag. I just love that flag!" I bet we can talk her into doing another. 

19 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

The General was black before he was orange. I wonder if 'ol Cooter still has any of that orange paint left. Remember when Daisy said " I'll paint that flag. I just love that flag!" I bet we can talk her into doing another. 

Roger....! Please! Ya gotta be PC!! You can't use the " B " word anymore.....The General was African American before he was orange!   :lol:

Edited by Hobie Harkins

On 2/13/2019 at 3:03 AM, RogerDuke said:

Does this mean that the Dukes invented "Orange Is the New Black"?

42 minutes ago, Hobie Harkins said:

Hey, this is off the subject but I got inspiration for the name of a Heavy Metal band, from the episode I'm watching right now! How does this grab you?......Live in concert! This Friday night only,   Cutler & Monday!  Reserved Seating only!

Don't ask me why but that actually sounds like a good idea! Hmmm, that is the episode with Nervous Norman, right?

• 3 years later...