Another Question

:previous:

I pointed out in a PM to Sonja that Ben was 38-44 while filming the show. Cooter had his own farm and his own business, and seemed to be a pretty experienced mechanic, so does around 40 sound right?

It would be nice if we could nail down the main characters' ages, but it may prove difficult.

They always implied on the show that Enos was around the same age as Luke and Daisy but in real life Sonny is nearly old enough to be their father...and he still looks way younger than he is..

.......just went back and checked....Enos is 81...Luke is 65....Daisy is 63......Cooter is 75....Cletus is 71....Bo is 57 which is easy for me to remember since John is exactly one week older than me. 

Edited by RogerDuke

51 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

They always implied on the show that Enos was around the same age as Luke and Daisy but in real life Sonny is nearly old enough to be their father...and he still looks way younger than he is..

.......just went back and checked....Enos is 81...Luke is 65....Daisy is 63......Cooter is 75....Cletus is 71....Bo is 57 which is easy for me to remember since John is exactly one week older than me. 

I'm trying to figure out Cooter's age.

Well, are you trying to figure out the actor's age during the series (given above), his age now (also given), or the age the CHARACTER was supposed to be in the story? That was never actually given. He did have his birthday in "The Canterbury Crock," in which he only admits that once you get to his age you don't make a big deal out of it, but that's the extent of it. Probably easiest to go with something an approximation of Ben Jones' actual age.

I've just found the piece I read about Bo's age in The Dukes of Hazzard: The Unofficial Companion. Here's the bit after John liked the script and wanted the part of Bo.

"My agent told me, 'You're too young for it, and you're from New York, so we told them you were twenty-four years old and from here,'" Schneider recalled. "They were looking for people from the ages of twenty-four to thirty. I was eighteen, just graduated from high school. If they knew that, I would never have got an audition."

I've also had a quick flick through Redneck Boy in the Promised Land, but Ben just describes the part he auditioned for as "the good ol' boy mechanic with a wild and crazy streak". There's no mention of age.

• 2 weeks later...