NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

13 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I thought you guys might be interested in this. There's a snitch in NASCAR!

NASCAR hits Stewart-Haas Racing with L1-level penalties, fines Logano (msn.com)

th?id=ORMS.fb9d0b8cd9941ba23949e96bbcd0b

Thank you Hobie. I read this on my phone and then forgot to post it on here. Pretty steep consequences, but at least they have all season to work themselves out of it.

Who's the snitch though? :blink:

NASCAR officials probably noticed it during one of the many wrecks. 

As for Joey Logano's gloves I don't see the point of penalizing him as he most likely wasn't the only one wearing them during Daytona 500 qualifying. And the video they released on Twitter is so low quality that you can't tell the difference from a regular glove.

4 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Me?? Oh, you mean I have an idea of who the snitch is! YES!! Re-read the whole thing and look at it carefully.

I'm still confused. They talk about Joey Logano...I'd say most definitely him. But I don't know why he'd snitch on himself. Though it's Joey Logano, so no one really knows, I guess. LOL 

2 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I'm still confused. They talk about Joey Logano...I'd say most definitely him. But I don't know why he'd snitch on himself. Though it's Joey Logano, so no one really knows, I guess. LOL 

I'm not so sure it's Joey....I thought it was that guy on the pit crew.....weatherman....?....or...??? I can't remember his name......

19 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I just thought ....if Lagano snitched on himself, he's schizophrenic...LOL!  The N in NASCAR, would stand for Nut job!  :neener:

The first race of the F1 season took place yesterday in Bahrain, and it was pretty much a continuation of last year. Max Verstappen took pole and went on to win the race with his Red Bull team mate in second (albeit 22 seconds back). Behind them, the Ferraris, McLarens and Mercedes were all pretty close, although Mercedes had a battery issue which meant they couldn't show their full potential. Only a week to go until the next race in Saudi Arabia.

On 3/2/2024 at 10:43 AM, Hobie Hartkins said:

I just thought ....if Lagano snitched on himself, he's schizophrenic...LOL!  The N in NASCAR, would stand for Nut job!  :neener:

Maybe it's part of a higher plan. HA. I saw earlier where Jr said he thought Logano was behind the glove. I didn't read the whole article, so I can't really say much about it. I'm just not a big fan of Logano. LOL 

Thank you, Hoss. I am glad to see F1 has started up again. Do you have a favorite driver? How did he do?

The Cup Series raced at Las Vegas and I yet again, missed it. I need to get back to watching the races, I don't know what my problem is. I went out instead of watching it. It looks like Kyle Larson held off Tyler Reddick to win the race.

Elliott seems like he is still struggling this year...but the season is still young.  :)

Here is the results from the Las Vegas race: NASCAR Las Vegas Motor Speedway 1 Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR

Yeah Larson held off Reddick thanks to NASCAR's inability to fix the 1.5 mile package. Once the 2nd car catches the lead car and is stuck in its wake there's no passing the lead car. Imo they should just make all tracks minus Daytona, Talladega and Atlanta 750+ horsepower and get rid of some of the down force. 

Garret you didn't miss much. It wasn't that exciting except on the restarts. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Once the 2nd car catches the lead car and is stuck in its wake there's no passing the lead car.

That's pretty much why they introduced the DRS (Drag Reduction System) in F1. The aerodynamics of the modern cars leaves a hole in the air making it difficult to follow closely. Now, at certain places on each circuit (between 1 and 3 locations depending on the track), if a driver can get within a second of the car in front of them at the detection spot they can open a flap on the rear wing, which gives them a few km/h extra. However, on some tracks a DRS train forms behind a slightly slower car, and as everyone is within a second of the car in front of them, they all get DRS!

23 hours ago, HossC said:

That's pretty much why they introduced the DRS (Drag Reduction System) in F1. The aerodynamics of the modern cars leaves a hole in the air making it difficult to follow closely. Now, at certain places on each circuit (between 1 and 3 locations depending on the track), if a driver can get within a second of the car in front of them at the detection spot they can open a flap on the rear wing, which gives them a few km/h extra. However, on some tracks a DRS train forms behind a slightly slower car, and as everyone is within a second of the car in front of them, they all get DRS!

That's why I like Indycars version of DRS. It's a slight boost in power from the engine and they can use it anywhere on the track. They only get so many seconds of boost so they have to use it sparingly throughout the race. 

8 hours ago, Spike said:

That's why I like Indycars version of DRS. It's a slight boost in power from the engine and they can use it anywhere on the track. They only get so many seconds of boost so they have to use it sparingly throughout the race. 

Reminds me of the mushroom that gives you a boost in Mario Kart or the time Cletus had the NOS system. 

On 3/5/2024 at 9:15 PM, RogerDuke said:

Reminds me of the mushroom that gives you a boost in Mario Kart or the time Cletus had the NOS system. 

I'm not watching the race yet again today, but Chase Elliott is shown to be 19th right now with twenty or so laps to go. I think he needs that mushroom boost. I was really hoping he would turn things around this year...

Well I am failing Chase Elliott and all of you as I have yet to watch a race on TV, though do keep track throughout the race from the NASCAR app and through my fantasy drivers that I pick every week. I don't know what my problem is...back with Gordon and Johnson I never missed a race and if I had to...it was a big deal and was disappointed about missing it. Now I can't get myself to sit down and watch the race. Though I do like it. Just not the same as it use to be, I guess. I went grocery shopping instead. HA.

Chase Elliott did lead a lap or two...just not the lap that matters the most. HA. I checked in the first stage and at the time he was first. Then again, I looked at his position in the third stage and he was 30th. Luckily he didn't end there, either. He came home eighth. So a top ten. . .which I will take. Hopefully a top five next week.

It looks like Kyle Larson spun out as well as Kyle Busch.

It's Bristol Baby...as Darrell Waltrip use to say.

I love Bristol. It's my favorite track/race. I've been there for Dukefest a couple of times.

Anyway, Denny Hamlin walked away with the win.

Bristol Motor Speedway 1 Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR

I watched the bristol race and I guess I'm in the minority thinking it was a lousy race. Tires barely lasted 40-45 laps and it seems only JGR teams could manage it leaving everyone else a few seconds behind trying to conserve tires. Goodyear and NASCAR even gave all the teams an extra set of tires. You know maybe it's time NASCAR allowed a full day of practice again to suss out stuff like this so they know ahead of time what might become an issue.