NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

You all crack me up.  Jeff Gordon is 52 years old and started racing go karts when he was five...so I guess it's possible he's been winning for 45 years. Though he's been retired (I'm still depressed about that...) for some time. So I do believe Miz Tisdale has him beat on that front. But has she won  98 NASCAR series races? Four championships? (It'd be six or seven if they didn't change the racing format and implemented the Chase play off system...you better not get me started on that. We could be here all night...LOL. Ironically, Jeff Gordon won all his championships under the original point system and Jimmie Johnson has won all his under the new Chase system...)

Though, I am sure Jeff Gordon would like Miz Tisdale just fine. Especially her driving ability and to do wheelies.

I don't even know who Lacy Chabert is. Though I do know she isn't NASCAR, so I do believe that post is under the wrong thread. It's always disappointing when y'all try to distract my thread here. I mean...it's the one thing I know and understand and y'all are trying to confuse me on that, too! LOL. 

I always wondered how many people knew I was a girl...LOL. And I don't know many girls that like NASCAR, except for one who I text every so often. Though she accused Jimmie Johnson of cheating last week when I told her I was excited he got accepted into the Hall of Fame (she was excited about Donnie Allison making it in)....so I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to forgive her on that. LOL. No one accuses JJ of cheating...he got there fair and square. OK...I am a bit biased on that. Tho it does upset me when people accuse him of cheating. ;) 

26 loooonnnnngggg days until the Daytona 500!!!!

57 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I just was very surprised! I thought you were one of the boys all this time....but welcome aboard !  :) 

I was going to say please don't kick me out...LOL. I'm still the same I was before I admitted to it. I wouldn't have admitted to it...but thought it'd come off wrong if I didn't admit to it. LOL...and Garrett would never forgive me. HA. 

On 1/25/2024 at 8:27 PM, Hobie Hartkins said:

I just was very surprised! I thought you were one of the boys all this time....but welcome aboard !  :) 

I knew this a long time ago. I can't remember if Garrett told me via a PM or revealed it on the site. It doesn't matter anyways but it was a surprise. I was friends with (screen name)  Bo James Duke from England for a long time before I found out she was a girl. It's sad that we get so attached to people here and they leave but that's the nature of forums. I'm honored that I've been HazzardNet friends with Garrett for 17 years now. 

23 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I was going to say please don't kick me out...LOL. I'm still the same I was before I admitted to it. I wouldn't have admitted to it...but thought it'd come off wrong if I didn't admit to it. LOL...and Garrett would never forgive me. HA. 

ok then...Who IS Garrett?

10 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I knew this a long time ago. I can't remember if Garrett told me via a PM or revealed it on the site. It doesn't matter anyways but it was a surprise. I was friends with (screen name)  Bo James Duke from England for a long time before I found out she was a girl. It's sad that we get so attached to people here and they leave but that's the nature of forums. I'm honored that I've been HazzardNet friends with Garrett for 17 years now. 

I do believe I mentioned it to you before, but I can't remember if it was a PM or on a thread, either. It is sad to see friends on here leave; I have several. It is sad. I am honored to have known you, Roger, and had have the opportunity to be friends on here with you for those years. 

2 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Well how did a girl get so involved in TDOH?

Um...have you seen Bo Duke? LOL. Actually I watched it as a kid and enjoyed it. Had a hard time understanding why it wasn't on TV anymore. Then when it came back on TV, I was a big CHiPs fan at the time and seen each episode several times, so I abandoned Ponch and Jon and went to Bo and Luke. I remember being appreciative of hearing of their friendship off the screen as well as on. Erik Estrada (Ponch) and Larry Wilcox (Jon) didn't get along in real life and was kinda disappointed    when I heard that. LOL.   And then that led to NASCAR and Jeff Gordon. HA. I'm not a normal girl. LOL I was more into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles than I ever was in Barbie and am a huge sports fan.                    

2 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Hey.....I was just wondering....what made you decide to " come out" as a woman , when we all thought you were a man?

I only said that, because I said I picked Jeff Gordon out of a top sexiest man magazine and that his looks is what first got me. I didn't want everyone thinking Garrett was attracted to Gordon's looks. Otherwise y'all would still be in the dark. HA.

Let's move on from my admission...LOL. I kinda liked it better before I had "came out" as a Hobie put it. HA. 

Anyway...for some REAL NASCAR news.

Y'all mark your calendars! On February 4th (next Sunday) is the NASCAR Busch Light Clash in Las Angeles at the Coliseum! There will be a heat race next Saturday to signify who will be in and where they start, it looks like. It may not be a points race...but it's a race! Right now...I'd take anything! HA

2024 Busch Light Clash format unveiled | NASCAR

2024 NASCAR Cup Series Schedule, Race Results | Dates, Times

Edited by Garrett Duke

14 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Start your engines! I'm a bit spoiled. Dirt bikes are on their 4th week of racing. 

Dannnnnggggg you're lucky . . . I wish NASCAR would get the hint. They probably would start earlier if it wasn't for the dang football season and not wanting to compete. Back in the Richard Petty day they raced pretty much year round. Which is why no one will be able to reach his win record. 

Must mean I was born in the wrong year... LOL 

17 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I only said that, because I said I picked Jeff Gordon out of a top sexiest man magazine and that his looks is what first got me. I didn't want everyone thinking Garrett was attracted to Gordon's looks. Otherwise y'all would still be in the dark. HA.

That ain't the only thing we would've been thinking about you! LOL! :) 

19 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Y'all mark your calendars! On February 4th (next Sunday) is the NASCAR Busch Light Clash in Los Angeles at the Coliseum! There will be a heat race next Saturday to signify who will be in and where they start, it looks like. It may not be a points race...but it's a race! Right now...I'd take anything! HA

We have to wait until February 29th for the start of the F1 season. I don't remember any previous Grands Prix being on a Saturday (they're always on a Sunday unless they're cancelled - there are no delayed races like there are in NASCAR), but the first two of this season, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, are on a Saturday this season due to Ramadan. We also get 24 races 2024 - the most ever. I just hope that the other teams have caught up with Red Bull over the winter so we get some racing this year!

2 hours ago, HossC said:

We have to wait until February 29th for the start of the F1 season. I don't remember any previous Grands Prix being on a Saturday (they're always on a Sunday unless they're cancelled - there are no delayed races like there are in NASCAR), but the first two of this season, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, are on a Saturday this season due to Ramadan. We also get 24 races 2024 - the most ever. I just hope that the other teams have caught up with Red Bull over the winter so we get some racing this year!

That would be nice if they could catch up with Red Bull. Unless it's your team winning, it gets tiring watching the other teams winning all the time; especially the same teams. I guess I will stop complaining as we start eleven days earlier than you. It just seems forever away. Though I wish we could just skip through February and get to March. January and February are always my longest, coldest, and hardest months. LOL. Plus still...no baseball. Unless you are pitchers and catchers who meet up mid February.

As for no delays...that's kind of nice. In NASCAR, they sit around and talk about anything and everything before they finally cancel anyways. Or like Tony Stewart said once, "They talk to anyone with legs" LOL. Ol' Smoke never was shy of telling it how he sees it. 

I just hope Chase Elliott will have a better season than he did last year. He had surgery on his shoulder after the season ended and is going through PT, so hopefully he will be healed and ready to go by February 18th. He says he will be. Better than last year where he broke his leg and had to be out the first six races of the season...then later got benched a race for fighting or something like that. Right now, I'll just take a win...as he didn't even have that last season.

I just hope Chase Elliott will have a better season than he did last year. He had surgery on his shoulder after the season ended and is going through PT, so hopefully he will be healed and ready to go by February 18th. He says he will be. Better than last year where he broke his leg and had to be out the first six races of the season...then later got benched a race for fighting or something like that. Right now, I'll just take a win...as he didn't even have that last season.

How did he break his leg?

A perfect example, of what people in business, refer to as, " Minding your own business". This means you concentrate on what you do and to H#$%# with other stuff! He should've been minding his own business!  It's like if you're used to selling cars and  decide to go into the convenience store business....you better watch your A!! You'll start paying too much attention to one and mess up the other or mess them   both  up!!

Breaking news in F1 - Lewis Hamilton is moving from Mercedes to Ferrari at the end of this season. He recently signed a two-year contract with Mercedes, but he's activated a clause to leave after one. The seven-time World Champion has driven Mercedes-powered cars throughout his F1 career and has been associated with the brand since he was 13. At Ferrari, Lewis will partner Charles Leclerc, with current Ferrari driver Carlos Sainz leaving the team.

The full story is here.