Arrest Brian Coltrane!

MaryAnne

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Knowing I will definately be seen when the deputy goes to leave I make my move. I kick the table in front of me over into the main path from the bar to the door to slow MaryAnne's pursuit of me. Bursts from my seat and makes a mad dash for the door.*

*Jumps when the table crashes, looking up expecting to see a brawl ensuing but instead sees Chet's dash for the door.*

Edited by B.L. Davenport

*swings around at the crashing table and sees the flight of Chet Duke out the door* CHET!! FREEZE!! *grabs at the table, clumsily pushing it out of the way and runs out the door after Chet*

(At this point, I'd like to ask at least for this segement of our program that we pause. LOL. Picture a freeze frame if you will of MaryAnne flying out the door after Chet with the words TO BE CONTINUED... at the bottom of your screen. Otherwise, Chet yer gonna git clean away from me and I hate the idea of you gettin' away that easily. LOL)

Meanwhile, back at the clinic, Doc had been watching the exchanges, smiling with Brian's weak but usual antics. Now that the worst of the danger to the patients had passed, walks over quietly to check on Garrett, seeing his wound is well bandaged. Giving his a comforting smile and nod, showing all is well.

Then stepping up to the bed Brian was laying in, subtly smoothing back the fallen lock of dark hair, then assessing with a gentle touch which ribs were broken* You're going to be fine, Brian, We'll take of care you. I need to bind your ribs, I'm going to give you a little something for pain first."

Meanwhile, back at the clinic, Doc had been watching the exchanges, smiling with Brian's weak but usual antics. Now that the worst of the danger to the patients had passed, walks over quietly to check on Garrett, seeing his wound is well bandaged. Giving his a comforting smile and nod, showing all is well.

Then stepping up to the bed Brian was laying in, subtly smoothing back the fallen lock of dark hair, then assessing with a gentle touch which ribs were broken* You're going to be fine, Brian, We'll take of care you. I need to bind your ribs, I'm going to give you a little something for pain first."

*dozing, but stirring a little at the touch to the ribs, groaning in complaint...trying not to wake up for anything else that hurts*

Shh...*winces a little in sympathy* This'll only hurt for a moment, Brian. *reaches to a nearby cupboard to gather supplies, including a syringe and small vial of a mild pain killer, then fills the syringe with the clear liquid*

*hears Doc's voice, soft and quiet and soothing....*

*and something in own criminal instinct takes that as a warning. One brown eye creaks open suspiciously, getting a drowsy bead on something thin, shiny, and sharp in Doc's hand. Most of all, sharp. Pointy.*

Oh no. Doc, ah hate shots.... *with one wrist handcuffed to the medical table, and pain disallowing any sitting up, there's nowhere to go*

*dozing, but stirring a little at the touch to the ribs, groaning in complaint...trying not to wake up for anything else that hurts*

*standing closeby watching as Doc starts to bind up Brian's broken ribs* steady now... itll be okay...*touches Brian's shoulder, patting it, then sees the medication being prepared in the needle, knowing how Brian feels about them, hoping he keeps his eyes closed* Youll get some relief soon...

*Quietly watches the scene from the nearby bed while thoughts slowly turn to ways to escape the small confines of the clinic; afterall, he had his own more comfortable bed back home. Thoughts are slowly interrupted as his thoughts fall upon his motorcycle that was most likely forgotten about where he had left it to confront Brian. Sighing silently, feeling his pain, looks back up at the ceiling and away from the Coltrane.*

*watching from the other side of Brian's bed, leaning forward from my chair to place a soothing, light - not restraining - hand against his free arm* Shh... easy there, believe me, what you're feelin' now's hurtin' way worse that that shot will. You might not even feel it, in comparison...

*smiles, keeps speaking to distract, while administrating the medication on the handcuffed arm* You know, by now I'm almost used to this bad guy antics of yours and the damage to the clinic and yourself. By you still give this doctor a coronary every now and then...

*looks up into Doc's eyes, grimacing a little as the needle pierces flesh, but holding still* Rgh... ...Ah try to behave, Doc. Thangs just don't always go accordin' to plan....

*as the painkiller begins to seep in rather quickly, blinks once and then relaxes with a loose grin* Mmm. Thas' much better....

*looks up into Doc's eyes, grimacing a little as the needle pierces flesh, but holding still* Rgh... ...Ah try to behave, Doc. Thangs just don't always go accordin' to plan....

*as the painkiller begins to seep in rather quickly, blinks once and then relaxes with a loose grin* Mmm. Thas' much better....

*chuckles, shaking head at the doped smile of Brian* See? Youre getting some relief...*squeezes his shoulder again giving a sigh, thinking about the run in Brian had with the horse, thinking about how hard the collision was...and how much worse things could have turned out...*

*smiles* I like you misbehaved, just not like this. All for all your misbehaving, you can pay me back..later..when you feel better...and in private *seeing the drugs take effects, movement from the other side of the room catches her attention* Garrett, don't move. You're next.

*giving the Duke a 'i mean it' look, turns back to Brian, starts wrapping the binding around his waist, keeping her touch light but swift to combat the pain*

The morphine or the close company? *grins, continuing the work, snugly wrapping the ribs, keeping Brian's attention elsewhere*

Khee...the company, o' course, though the painkiller is fun. *watches, bemused, as the bandage wraps around body* Heh! This reminds me of the time we were horsin' around down heah, and I found the cabinet of bandage wraps, and the next thang ah know....

*uninhibited as a norm, and moreso with the medication, cheerfully launches into a memory, until somebody clears their throat to politely interrupt. Whether it was Lukas or Alex, there's no telling*

...well, anyhow, it was fun.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.