Arrest Brian Coltrane!

MaryAnne

*Grunts as my back hits the ground with the tackle, I dont even get a moment to struggle. I raise my eyes and see the gun butt coming a split second too late. Slackens as the lights go out my head sinking to the side, eyes closed gently against a scarred face. The only time Im ever so still, the only time Im not so full of fight to no end. A quiet, slackened state, so unusual for me. My horse stands watching with ears perked in an alarmed manner, he nickers not understanding.*

*sighs, having not particularly liked pistolwhipping Chet but relieved now to have brought the situation under control. Stays straddled over the Duke, holstering gun and taking out hand cuffs. Unstraddles, kneeling next to Chet and rolls him over in the dirt, face down. Removes the gun from back waist of his jeans and tucks the weapon between gunbelt. Turns both of his hands on to his back and hand cuffs him.*

*Searches and empties Chet's pockets, finding everything from knives, extra bullets, cigarettes, lighter, and any additional weapons that could be easily tucked away* Friggin' one man army... *places these items aside and looks at Chet and then at his horse, Blaze, trying to figure how to get both horse and rider back to town*

*After a moment, stands up and goes around to the front of the Boar's Nest to get patrol car. Drives car around back, turning it around to face the parking lot again. Gathers up the confiscated items from Chet and places these in the front seat. Then opens the back door, goes back to where Chet lays, lifts him up and drags him to the patrol car.* Awright, in ya go... *it takes a bit to manuever Chet's dead weight, but manages to pull him up, turn him and fold him into the backseat of the patrol car. He sprawls across the seat, his feet are tucked into the car and the door is shut*

*turns to Chet's horse, still standing watching what was happening. Speaks gently to the horse* He'll be okay. C'mon...we'll go back to town. I got some sugar for ya... *reaches out to the reins, grabbing one of them and hoping the horse is more compliant then Chet had been.*

(And for this segment of our program, we must pause. LOL)

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Forces a deep breath out of frustration, focusing on the pain within.* Guess I ain't got no date for tonight anyway. So, you're the doctor. *Forces a small smile at the doctor before eyeing Brian momentarily once more as the events flood through me. Looking back up at the ceiling, I close my eyes in attempt to block everything out.*

(Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, Pendragon. I hope you get feeling better real quick!)

(thanks for the other authors for letting me take a minor sick leave)

*smiles and nod, injecting the medicine near to the injury* You may feel a little woozy, but not at all sedated. *gathers nearby gathers and carefully unwraps the wound, nodding impressed* Its a clean wound.

(thanks for the other authors for letting me take a minor sick leave)

*smiles and nod, injecting the medicine near to the injury* You may feel a little woozy, but not at all sedated. *gathers nearby gathers and carefully unwraps the wound, nodding impressed* Its a clean wound.

*Garrett breathes in deeply with the injection, ignoring the pain. Though awake and conscience, eyes remain closed while focusing thoughts elsewhere while listening into the doctor's words. Already beginning to feel woozy, open eyes.* Guess it'll be just another scar to testify to all I lived through to survive in life. *Goes silent to look over at Kristy who watches silently from the side.*

*Wanting to stay near to me as he has done since birth the horse takes the offered suger and is far more willing to go with MaryAnne then I was. The tall colt follows the patrol car slowly back to town.*

(Alrighty. I'll be here with a bottle of asprin tomarrow.)

*MaryAnne held onto the reins with her left hand out of the open patrol car window and drove slowly into town with Blaze following along side. At the courthouse, she stopped and the horse did as well. She got out of the car, lead the horse over to the front stairs of the courthouse and the lawn and wrapped the reins over the railing of the stairs*

There. Good boy... *pats the horse on its neck and offers it another cube of sugar* Now I gotta git your silly cowboy into the jail. Wish me luck. *the horse nickers in response and MaryAnne walks across the loan and heads across the square toward the clinic*

*inside, she peers into the exam room and sees Doc tending to Garrett and Brian appearing to be resting comfortably. She looks to Bo and whispers to get his attention* Psst! Bo!

*MaryAnne held onto the reins with her left hand out of the open patrol car window and drove slowly into town with Blaze following along side. At the courthouse, she stopped and the horse did as well. She got out of the car, lead the horse over to the front stairs of the courthouse and the lawn and wrapped the reins over the railing of the stairs*

There. Good boy... *pats the horse on its neck and offers it another cube of sugar* Now I gotta git your silly cowboy into the jail. Wish me luck. *the horse nickers in response and MaryAnne walks across the loan and heads across the square toward the clinic*

*inside, she peers into the exam room and sees Doc tending to Garrett and Brian appearing to be resting comfortably. She looks to Bo and whispers to get his attention* Psst! Bo!

*glancing in the direction of the Deputy, I move closer and whisper in response* Hey...*giving her a smile* what's up? *sensing urgency*

*Garrett breathes in deeply with the injection, ignoring the pain. Though awake and conscience, eyes remain closed while focusing thoughts elsewhere while listening into the doctor's words. Already beginning to feel woozy, open eyes.* Guess it'll be just another scar to testify to all I lived through to survive in life. *Goes silent to look over at Kristy who watches silently from the side.*

*quiet snort, keeping up the conversation, cleaning the wound gently* Don't you mean another scar to show off to the girls at the Boar's Nest?

Yeah, sure. *nodding to her again.* You know we Duke's cooperate with the law...usually. *grinning, not much to laugh about right now, otherwise.*

You need another hand, MaryAnne, or would you rather I stay here to help you, Doc? *feeling a bit restless now, with seemingly nothing to do but stand in a corner, wanting to be of some kind of use*

Yeah, sure. *nodding to her again.* You know we Duke's cooperate with the law...usually. *grinning, not much to laugh about right now, otherwise.*

*gives a snort* Yeah, usually. Heh... *glances toward Luke and waves for him to come along too and provide some assistance*

*leads the boys out of the clinic and across the square to her patrol car. Opens the back door where Chet's still sprawled on the backseat of the cruiser.* I had to whack him with my gun handle *says to explain Chet's unconcious state* He's cuffed so be careful hauling him out.

*gives a snort* Yeah, usually. Heh... *glances toward Luke and waves for him to come along too and provide some assistance*

*leads the boys out of the clinic and across the square to her patrol car. Opens the back door where Chet's still sprawled on the backseat of the cruiser.* I had to whack him with my gun handle *says to explain Chet's unconcious state* He's cuffed so be careful hauling him out.

Right. *knowing MaryAnne must have hated having to take him out like that* I'm sorry I let him go, just wasn't sure how to keep him here, short of knocking him out myself. *reaching in to carefully help draw out the unconscious man.*

Right. *knowing MaryAnne must have hated having to take him out like that* I'm sorry I let him go, just wasn't sure how to keep him here, short of knocking him out myself. *reaching in to carefully help draw out the unconscious man.*

Doubt there was much any other way, what with how he can get. *reaching in from behind Bo to help pull Chet from the car, taking the legs as he finally gets to the arms and head end* Count of three? He's pretty heavy.

*overhearing this, and giddy enough on the morphine to chime in*

Yer right. Nothin' else you got will impress the girls. KHEEheheheheh....

*cant help but chuckle at Brian's drug induced comment, bowing head a moment clearing throat then watches Doc with Garrett, having thought wound was sealed and stitched properly...*

Doubt there was much any other way, what with how he can get. *reaching in from behind Bo to help pull Chet from the car, taking the legs as he finally gets to the arms and head end* Count of three? He's pretty heavy.

*nodding* One....two...*lifting on saying the word 'three'* Dang it, Chet, lay off the flapjacks. *heaving him up as carefully as I can under the arms.* Where do you want him, MaryAnne? *glancing toward the deputy.*

*overhearing this, and giddy enough on the morphine to chime in*

Yer right. Nothin' else you got will impress the girls. KHEEheheheheh....

*Sends a dirty look at Brian before looking away and back up at the ceiling above, chosing to ignore him. Looking at the doctor and watching her work on him while ignoring the woozy feeling.* Well I suppose you're right, Doc, I do have my ways with 'em.

*nodding* One....two...*lifting on saying the word 'three'* Dang it, Chet, lay off the flapjacks. *heaving him up as carefully as I can under the arms.* Where do you want him, MaryAnne? *glancing toward the deputy.*

*arms under Chet's knees, hands locked together to heave the tall young man up out of the car... taking a couple careful steps back in order to make room to turn around... also giving the Deputy a quick glance*

*Sends a dirty look at Brian before looking away and back up at the ceiling above, chosing to ignore him. Looking at the doctor and watching her work on him while ignoring the woozy feeling.* Well I suppose you're right, Doc, I do have my ways with 'em.

*find the wound well stitched up, and barely bleeding at this point, finishes up quickly* u-huh, if I wasn't already very much taken, I might find myself in trouble. *teasing at this point, trying to keep the tone light*

*nodding* One....two...*lifting on saying the word 'three'* Dang it, Chet, lay off the flapjacks. *heaving him up as carefully as I can under the arms.*

*watches at Bo and Luke heft Chet out of the car, gives a snort* He ain't that heavy. I managed to get him into the car ya know.. *chuckles*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.