Arrest Brian Coltrane!

MaryAnne

Alright. *Ties the band above Garrett's elbow and waits for the vein. Takes a deep breath and gently sticks the vein with the needle, starting the IV line. Checks the line entirely, taping the IV to his arm with care.* All set.

*sighs watching the blood going through the tube and into Garrett's arm* well that should make him stable... *takes off the bloody gloves and drops them on the table then gets up and goes over to Brian...looking down at the mask over his face watching the way his chest is moving, also seeing the IV in his arm* His ribs are probably busted, one or two at least. The oxygen is going to help him breathe... *gets a stool and wheels it close to the table with Brian on it and sits down* All we can do now is wait and see when theyre going to wake up...

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Eases closer to Garretts side dark eyes scanning over him slowly. Bites my lip hard sliding my hand into his and squeezing it, swallows a hard not in my throat.*

Ya been in worse shape Garrett.... I cant remember when... at the moment. But ya can pull outta this... c'mon.

*Breathes deeply a few moments and leaves the table, glances towards the door then at Alex sitting beside Brian. Appraoches him from behind placing my hand on his shoulder, gentle but firm. Clears my throat alittle.*

Thank you Alex.... for helping my brother... I appreciate it alot. *Nods to Beau.* Thanks. Im gonna step out for a smoke.

*Steps around Alex and outside without another word.*

*Eases closer to Garretts side dark eyes scanning over him slowly. Bites my lip hard sliding my hand into his and squeezing it, swallows a hard not in my throat.*

Ya been in worse shape Garrett.... I cant remember when... at the moment. But ya can pull outta this... c'mon.

*Breathes deeply a few moments and leaves the table, glances towards the door then at Alex sitting beside Brian. Appraoches him from behind placing my hand on his shoulder, gentle but firm. Clears my throat alittle.*

Thank you Alex.... for helping my brother... I appreciate it alot. *Nods to Beau.* Thanks. Im gonna step out for a smoke.

*nodding in response to Chet, then looking over to the corner and seeing another chair, grabbing it I settle in, near Alex, watching both unconscious men.* I'll be glad when they both wake up.

*Doc's black bronco pulls up to the clinic, having been called away from town on a seperate medical emergency. Upon seeing her door hanging open and broken, run inside at full tilt and comes to a screeching halt seeing the unconsious men and their caretakers.*

"My God, what happeaned?"

*gently checks on each patient, noting the good work on their wounds and their stable condition*

"You guys do good work, they both work stabilized, just weak. I'm sorry I wasn't here, but I'll take my turn watching over them over the night."

*glances up over shoulder at Chet and gives a small smile* You helped Brian Chet and I really appreciate that. I think theyre both going to be okay and thats the important part...*nods at Chet going for a smoke* Yeah could use a smoke myself, and a big bottle of whiskey at this point...*leans back in the chair rubbing hands over face then lowers them, keeping an eye on both men...*

*Meanwhile, conspicuously absent from the chaos was MaryAnne, who had been in another part of the courthouse when Brian's gun had gone off and wounded Garrett. Thus, she never heard the shot and was never aware of the commotion out on the street until a little while later, when she went to leave for patrol and spotted the door of the clinic was busted open, Diablo was haphazardly parked out front, Chet's horse was standing by and Doc's black Bronco was parked too.*

*The patrol car was parked and MaryAnne exited the car. She walked up to the clinic and spotted Chet standing outside smoking a cigarette.*

What happened, Chet? Where's Brian?

*Creases my brow deeply as the deputy approaches, tenses alittle as she gets near and speak. Inhales a drag on my cig deeply and breaths it out turning my face away from MaryAnne.*

Brian's inside... so is Garrett. *Takes another nervous drag.* Brian.... I hit him with my horse... *Face creases in guilt and anguish, I caused all of this mess.* He shot Garrett when I hit him.

(I must run to town and get some groceries and feed my horse I will be back as soon as possible. Maybe as late as 10pm.)

*Doc's black bronco pulls up to the clinic, having been called away from town on a seperate medical emergency. Upon seeing her door hanging open and broken, run inside at full tilt and comes to a screeching halt seeing the unconsious men and their caretakers.*

"My God, what happeaned?"

*gently checks on each patient, noting the good work on their wounds and their stable condition*

"You guys do good work, they both work stabilized, just weak. I'm sorry I wasn't here, but I'll take my turn watching over them over the night."

*eyes open at the sound of Doc's voice and looks at her* Long story, but the short version is, Brian got slammed into by a horse going at full gallop, at the time he had a gun aimed at Garrett... *sighs* Bullet went through, I stitched him up... *stands up stretching* We can take shifts watching... Im going to go outside for some air... *heads outside, going outside, seeing MaryAnne and Chet, catching the tail end of their talk...* Doc said everyone is weak but stable...

*eyes open at the sound of Doc's voice and looks at her* Long story, but the short version is, Brian got slammed into by a horse going at full gallop, at the time he had a gun aimed at Garrett... *sighs* Bullet went through, I stitched him up... *stands up stretching* We can take shifts watching... Im going to go outside for some air... *heads outside, going outside, seeing MaryAnne and Chet, catching the tail end of their talk...* Doc said everyone is weak but stable...

It was a pretty big mess...*to Doc* I'm glad they're stable though

*Creases my brow deeply as the deputy approaches, tenses alittle as she gets near and speak. Inhales a drag on my cig deeply and breaths it out turning my face away from MaryAnne.*

Brian's inside... so is Garrett. *Takes another nervous drag.* Brian.... I hit him with my horse... *Face creases in guilt and anguish, I caused all of this mess.* He shot Garrett when I hit him.

(I must run to town and get some groceries and feed my horse I will be back as soon as possible. Maybe as late as 10pm.)

*looks at Chet, stunned, then looks at Alex as the update is made. Is left speechless for a moment, bewildered by how things turned so badly so quickly. Although relieved Garrett and Brian had survived, can't help but feel a little guilty. Draws a deep breath before turning away from the two men*

Boy. That's what I get for ... *leaves the thought unfinished.*

*looks at Chet, stunned, then looks at Alex as the update is made. Is left speechless for a moment, bewildered by how things turned so badly so quickly. Although relieved Garrett and Brian had survived, can't help but feel a little guilty. Draws a deep breath before turning away from the two men*

Boy. That's what I get for ... *leaves the thought unfinished.*

*sees the distress on the Deputy's face and goes to her...gently touching her shoulder and turning her to face him, hands gently going to both her shoulders...* hey...dont blame yourself for anything, okay? *says softly*

*sees the distress on the Deputy's face and goes to her...gently touching her shoulder and turning her to face him, hands gently going to both her shoulders...* hey...dont blame yourself for anything, okay? *says softly*

*looks up at Alex* Alex, if I had gone after him maybe this wouldn't have all happened this way. Maybe if I hadn't locked up his silly butt in the first place. Maybe if he had stayed put and worked on some part of his bail---! *voice catches and brings hands to mouth, pausing to collect herself* "I'm sorry. I just...I didn't want to see anyone get hurt...

*looks up at Alex* Alex, if I had gone after him maybe this wouldn't have all happened this way. Maybe if I hadn't locked up his silly butt in the first place. Maybe if he had stayed put and worked on some part of his bail---! *voice catches and brings hands to mouth, pausing to collect herself* "I'm sorry. I just...I didn't want to see anyone get hurt...

All right all right.. *knowing hes risking a butt kicking but takes that chance, gently drawing MaryAnne into a hug* Shhh... its okay.. *holds her close, gently rubbing her back*

All right all right.. *knowing hes risking a butt kicking but takes that chance, gently drawing MaryAnne into a hug* Shhh... its okay.. *holds her close, gently rubbing her back*

*allows self to be drawn into the hug, hands still close to mouth now steepled in prayer. Stands for a moment in Alex's embrace, appreciating the gesture. Then, takes a deep breath, steeling self and looks up at Alex* I'd like to see them. Both. If I can...

*allows self to be drawn into the hug, hands still close to mouth now steepled in prayer. Stands for a moment in Alex's embrace, appreciating the gesture. Then, takes a deep breath, steeling self and looks up at Alex* I'd like to see them. Both. If I can...

*In the treatment room, I watch over the patients, occasionally checking heart rate and making sure that they are breathing properly. My thoughts can't be stilled however, as I worry about how this all happened and how it will resolve itself.*

Edited by BeauregardDuke73

*pulls back from the hug giving a nod* okay, come on...*has his hand on her back and turns, guiding her gently into the clinic...* They might not look the greatest, especially Garrett, I had to cut his clothes up...

*Goes to my horse outside briefly as MaryAnne, Alex and Beau return inside. Unsaddles my horse and lets him nibble grass in the yard, then goes in behind them staying by the doorway. Watches the deputy, it was not her fault, neither man would be laying here if I had not over reacted and charged. Frowns deeply to myself feeling like a plague that spreads to any one who gets near me or comes into contact. Maybe Brian is right, after all these years Im still like a train wreck, just a ticking time bomb waiting to unleash or act in the wrong manner. They were lucky this time, but next time my action could cause someone there life. Leans against the wall eyes lowered to the floor as I ponder to myself.*

*In the same room, but trying not to watch too closely* Brian's going to be fine, MaryAnne *speaking as the embrace ends*
*pulls back from the hug giving a nod* okay, come on...*has his hand on her back and turns, guiding her gently into the clinic...* They might not look the greatest, especially Garrett, I had to cut his clothes up...

*walks with Alex into the clinic. Gives a nod to Bo. Down the hall from the entrance, they walk into the exam room where Doc is overseeing Garrett and Brian, who both lay unconcious on examination tables. Garrett's clothes are a torn mess, blood stained on the material. The wound on the young Duke's chest is patched up and his skin is pale from the ordeal but his chest moves steadily as he breathes.*

*Next to him, Brian lies unconcious, a bandage to his head. Steps closer to the table, looking down at kin.* Couldn't...stay in jail, could ya?

*walks with Alex into the clinic. Gives a nod to Bo. Down the hall from the entrance, they walk into the exam room where Doc is overseeing Garrett and Brian, who both lay unconcious on examination tables. Garrett's clothes are a torn mess, blood stained on the material. The wound on the young Duke's chest is patched up and his skin is pale from the ordeal but his chest moves steadily as he breathes.*

*Next to him, Brian lies unconcious, a bandage to his head. Steps closer to the table, looking down at kin.* Couldn't...stay in jail, could ya?

*there's no response from the wounded Coltrane...no movement. The tuft of brown hair that hangs over the forehead shows evidence of dried blood, though the face has been cleaned. Early signs of bruising are evident on the face as well. Clearly, there was a price paid for taking the chance at freedom....and the exact cost still isn't known. Was it pride, that caused this conflict? Could a title, a bragging right, mean so much? *

*And was such a thing worth dying for? Killing for?*

*would MaryAnne ever get an answer? Or was there more to the injuries than meets the eye....*

*standing close to MaryAnne, gently puts arm around her shoulder...* I know hes banged up, but you know better than I do how hard Brian's head is...Hes going to be okay... *turns to look at Garrett* They both are...

*Gets a folding chair on my way back into the lab and sets it down inside the door at the foot of the two tables that Brian and Garrett lay on. Sits down in the folding chair and rests my elbows on my knees. Takes my Stetson off and puts my head in my hands, prays silently, not something I do as often as I know I should. Praying for both mens health and recovery.*

*Gets a folding chair on my way back into the lab and sets it down inside the door at the foot of the two tables that Brian and Garrett lay on. Sits down in the folding chair and rests my elbows on my knees. Takes my Stetson off and puts my head in my hands, prays silently, not something I do as often as I know I should. Praying for both mens health and recovery.*

*Leaning against a wall, I tip my head down and offer my own silent prayer that these men come out of this okay. No one should get hurt, or lose their life over what started as an innocent bit of tomfoolery. *

*quiet footsteps are heard from the hall... the door pushed open a bit farther to show one more worried face, blue eyes flicking about the room and its occupants to finally rest on Brian and Garrett.... a slow, deep breath let out as I ease into the room* My God... *murmured, half prayer* I only just heard...

*Having keep silent until now, busying self with monitoring the patients, and watching the increasing crowd of the clinic. goes over to Lukas, letting him know the status of Brian and Garrett, keeping her voice low not to disturb the other conversations*

They're both hurt bad, Luke, but stable. Brian has a concussion, several broken ribs, and from what I could tell, some internal bruising. We won't know more until he wake up.

*sigh, she ran a hair over her head, pushing the worry to what other injuries may be lurking aside* As for Garrett, he has a clean wound, very well stitched and we're monitoring his blood loss.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.