Absolutly Disgusting

BoJamesDuke

Ok, so this is the reason I will never ever become a journalist! I will never write something so nasty about someone or post such horrible pictures about someone in a national newspaper. This is so harsh towards our beloved Cathy and at the moment I am ashamed to be British :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1248044/Dukes-Hazzards-Catherine-Bach-swaps-hotpants-comfy-sweatpants.html

That's not real journalism, BoJames. That's tabloid, which is pure junk. LOL

Tabloids LOVE beating up on celebrities and pointing out all their faults and everything that's "wrong" with them. To essentially pick on a woman who's a mother of two now and couldn't care less about the whole Hollywood game is typical of tabloids. They have nothing better to write about.

The Daily Mail is in no way an accurate representation of All Things British and is notorious for it's history of false and inaccurate stories about celebrities and they've been sued about 50 times over because of it. Therefore, don't be ashamed to be British because of this one newspaper.

That'd be like me saying I'm ashamed to be an American because of the National Inquirer. LOL

True but then writing for the tabloids is a lot more exciting than writing for broadsheets because I have no interest in politics or the state of affairs or what our royal family are doing LOL.

What I'm most ashamed about is that so many people in Britain read all this trash which boots sales numbers which allows them to put these stories out there. Its stupid and wrong and should find better things to talk about!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I agree with ya'll too. Nothing makes me madder than when they trash someone who is so mature and is just trying to live her life quietly and then the younger little girls that are only tweens get talked about as if their little skimpy outfits, drugs and outragous parties are all ok. DaisyDukes are one thing but what they are wearing these days? Don't get me started...

• 2 months later...

The media is largely out of control. People have made such a mockery out of what freedom of speech truly means. I think our forefathers would role over in their grave if they knew how the press was today and I hate to say it the internet has allowed people to cowardly attack others as well. Anyway, sorry to go off on a rant.

Daisy Duke is an American icon that actually could be considered a role model. She showed girls they could be just as tough as men. Cathy still looks great today and seems to be a great person.

Even though I like technology as much as the next person, there is a lot of evil that has come out of it as well. One thing that has changed is media coverage. Now since you have 24 hour newschannels, blog sites, etc people pretty much think they can say or do anything they want regardless of whether it hurts others or not. These days there seems to be a lack of true newsreporting. It pretty much is the equivalent of tabloid journalism even to a degree on networks like MSNBC and Fox News. No one seems to have a right to privacy anymore and people including journalists just love attacking people.

• 2 years later...

I still think she looks pretty good and in reality, ( not T.V.!), you don't keep the same body for your entire life! I have seen her picture when she wasn't wearing a top and she is fine all the way around!! Mrs. Bach, any time you need someone to lift you up and make you feel like you're all that, which you are.....hit me up! You're one of the reasons the show is as good as it is!

If I'd seen this when it was posted, I'd have told y'all to ignore anything you read in the Daily Mail or on their website. They have a terrible attitude toward women. For some reason it's "the world's most popular newspaper website" (source: bbc.co.uk), but take a glance at their "Femail" section and you'll see that every woman is one of the following: too fat; too skinny; wearing too much make-up; looking rough without make-up; wearing too little; dressed frumpily etc., etc. - you get the idea.

The Daily Mail doesn't just hate women - they're not too keen on immigrants, rich people, poor people, British opposition leader Ed Milliband's father etc. In general, it's a fairly nasty publication that's filled with bile. I'd suggest y'all avoid the website in future.

Don't get me started on immigrants! ....However, since we've been talking about Catherine and her physical ASSets....( besides her being fine in/out!), do you guys remember and I can't recall exactly which one it is, the episode where she's getting in to the passenger side of the General and the camera is directly facing the door and it shows one of the world's greatest physical ASSets known to man!! ( She was wearing pink satin....Daisy's Song??)

Ms. Bach is an amazing person who doesn't care what others think.

She has helped me a lot by doing the two Dukes of Hazzard Reunion movies made during my childhood. She showed it's okay to gain weight, that we're all still beautiful. She gained quite a bit of weight after having her two kids, but she showed me it's okay and to hold my head up high when I ballooned up from medications (I went from 120 pounds at 5'5" at 17, to 200 in a year or two, only to lose 50, at the age of 22 and then ballooned up to 300 in about six months at the age of 23... and the doctor who prescribed the meds wouldn't listen! Needless to say, i'm at about 220 now at the age of 27). But my point is, she showed me it's okay, that even though I gained a ton of weight, I'm still beautiful, even if my brother says my weight is disgusting and puts me down.

If she weren't a confident woman who is secure in the knowledge that she's beautiful, she would never have made the two reunion movies.