The No Santa Claus Clause Challenge!

MaryAnne

Since our Ghost Post Challenge was pretty successful, we thought we'd try another challenge for y'all!

And I'm actually posting this in the correct forum this time. ROFL

Anyway! Alex actually thought of this one and I figured that it saves us from having to come up with the idea. Then Val added an extra twist to it and it saved us again from having to come up with the idea!

This is working out too well. Strangely enough it's happening at a time when Brian and I are on a temporary furlough to the spirit world. One might think there's treasonous thoughts lurking within the innocent minds of some Hazzardites.

Not that we're paranoid or anything. Heh!

But we are known to be lazy and when someone else comes up with some good ideas, well by golly we ain't afraid to steal---er, borrow 'em.

Giving all proper credit of course. Khee!

Okay! With all that out of the way, here's the deal:

Write a Dukes of Hazzard Christmas themed story. But here's the twist: You can't use or mention Santa Claus in any way whatsoever.

Have your stories complete and submitted by December 20th. Submit them to me at maryacltrn "at" yahoo.com. Please put "HNet Christmas Challenge" in your subject line.

Same as with the Ghost Post Challenge, you announce your intentions to write a story in this thread and if you fail to meet the challenge you'll have to sport a special avatar/signature for two weeks. Val suggested something to do with the Grinch and a lump of coal. I think we can work up something to that e-ffect. Khee!

Other than there being no Santa Claus in the story, there's really no other restrictions.

All stories will be posted to DOHFF.

Since our Ghost Post Challenge was pretty successful, we thought we'd try another challenge for y'all!

And I'm actually posting this in the correct forum this time. ROFL

Anyway! Alex actually thought of this one and I figured that it saves us from having to come up with the idea. Then Val added an extra twist to it and it saved us again from having to come up with the idea!

This is working out too well. Strangely enough it's happening at a time when Brian and I are on a temporary furlough to the spirit world. One might think there's treasonous thoughts lurking within the innocent minds of some Hazzardites.

Not that we're paranoid or anything. Heh!

But we are known to be lazy and when someone else comes up with some good ideas, well by golly we ain't afraid to steal---er, borrow 'em.

Giving all proper credit of course. Khee!

Okay! With all that out of the way, here's the deal:

Write a Dukes of Hazzard Christmas themed story. But here's the twist: You can't use or mention Santa Claus in any way whatsoever.

Have your stories complete and submitted by December 20th. Submit them to me at maryacltrn "at" yahoo.com. Please put "HNet Christmas Challenge" in your subject line.

Same as with the Ghost Post Challenge, you announce your intentions to write a story in this thread and if you fail to meet the challenge you'll have to sport a special avatar/signature for two weeks. Val suggested something to do with the Grinch and a lump of coal. I think we can work up something to that e-ffect. Khee!

Other than there being no Santa Claus in the story, there's really no other restrictions.

All stories will be posted to DOHFF.

Wow no one wants to take the plunge first? Well since this was my idea, I might as well be first!

*clears throat*

I, Alex Jackson, do state my intentions to write a Santa-less Christmas story and have it turned in by December 20th. If I fail to meet this deadline, I will be subject to coal or a Grinch avatar or whatever the penalty happens to be!

There! Anyone else up for this challenge?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I may have found a loophole in that Claus, er... Clause. LOL. So, we need some clarification. Is that no mention of "Santa Claus" meaning the proper name (i.e. you can say "Saint Nick", "Father Christmas", "Kris Kringle", etc, etc) or no mention of the "person" regardless of name variations?

The original idea is to make it no mention of Santa Clause... not just the name variations but the fact Santa himself is widely assoiated with Christmas... but since that wasnt specified, I guess you found a good loophole! *chuckles* so... as long as you dont call him Santa, thats still within the rules of the challenge. What do you think Deputy?

Hmmm....Well, I had said...

...so my interpretation was there was to be no mention of the person in any way whatsoever. So other variations of the name would be disqualified.

I also think anything having to do with Santa (his hat, the sleigh, the reindeer, Mrs. Claus, ect...) would also be disqualified.

That's how I was interpreting the challenge. Kinda late in the game to make things more specific now so I'm not gonna totally lay the smack down on anyone if there's some slip in their story. LOL. But I figured the challenge was to avoid all references to Santa completely so that's what I was thinkin'. :)

Jingle, jingle, jingle

You will hear my sleigh bells ring

I am old Kris Kringle

I'm the King of Jingling

Hmmm....Well, I had said...

...so my interpretation was there was to be no mention of the person in any way whatsoever. So other variations of the name would be disqualified.

Nevermind. I'm a little dense lately. Chock it up to too many late night patrols. Khee!

Deadline is midnight on the 20th (The day it becomes 21st) right?

Yup. And that's midnight wherever y'all may be located. (as opposed to midnight EST, which is 9pm on the west coast and I know some folks on the west coast probably would be appreciative to know they had an additional 3 hours to go, technically. LOL)