Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

Meanwhile Lori was on the oppsite end of the hospital getting her check-up done. She figured nothing serious, she hadn't went to the doctor yet, ths was her first time.

The Doctor looked to Lori and smiled as he checked her blood pressure and her heartbeat, like a normal checkup. He then asked Lori has she been to the Doctor since she first found out she was pregnant.Lori shook her head no and looked down. The docotr then asked her,"What seems to be the problem Ma'am?"

Lori looked to him,"Well, with my first son I never had pains like these, they hurt me constantly and once they start it seems like they won't stop. I choose certain times of the days to run to the bathroom to vomitm instead of the usual morning sickness."

The Doctor nodded," Well Occasional abdominal discomfort is a common pregnancy complaint, and while it may be harmless, it can also be a sign of a serious problem.Severe or persistent abdominal pain should never be ignored. I'm glad that you came in today Miss, we may have an ectopic pregnancy here."

Lori looked confused,"A what?"

The doc looked to her,"An ectopic pregnancy occurs when a fertilized egg implants outside the uterus, typically in one of the fallopian tubes. It usually causes symptoms at about six or seven weeks after fertilization, but symptoms may occur as early as four weeks, before you even know you're pregnant."

Lori swallowed hard,"Am I alright?"

The Doc looked to her,"methotrexate, its a drug tha tis injected into the muscle and it does have the symptoms of naseau, vomiting, cramps. but itll help you produce a healthy child though."

Lori smiled and sighed with relief,"But....there is some actions that have to be taken, You'll need to avoid alcohol and sex for a while, as well as any multivitamins or supplements that contain folic acid, which can interfere with the action of the methotrexate. And you'll need to come back in for blood testing to make sure that the pregnancy has really been terminated because it doesn't always work. If you experience any signs of rupture (such as severe abdominal pain, heavy bleeding, or signs of shock) during this process, call 911 right away."

The doc told Lori. She smiled, Doc looked to her and said,"In about two to three days, I'll need you back here to take the drug so it can begin the process and help ya."

Lori nodded walking out. She walked by Luke's room, everyone looked to her Cooter looked and said,"One down...whats wrong with you?"

Lori looked to Cooter and began telling him and threst the story. Luke........

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie returned to Luke's room about an hour later to gather her things and get the discharge papers. Everyone was still there.

Luke looked at Dixie, "Well?" He hoped to goodness he'd heard wrong.

Dixie flat out lied, "Everything is normal. Heart beat is strong. Must have just been an echo." Dixie gathered her things and turned towards Luke. "I hope you are happy, both of you." She turned and walked before Luke could say anything else.

Luke silently breathed a sigh of relief!

Lori looked to Dixie as she walked out, she knew something was up it was her cousin and she knew when she was lying. Lori looked to everyone and sighed,"I gotta go ya'll, Ricky'll kill me."

Lori looked to Luke and winked walking out. She ran down stairs into midnight rider. When she arrived at the stadium it was packed full as usual. She walked around back to her dressing room, She put on a new pair of jeans and shined her boots a little, they were scuffed. She put on a pink tank top and got her guitar. Hearing the crowds roaring outside and the news crew blabbering she smiled and flipped her hair outta her eyes, walking up on stage. She flung her guitar around her, smiling to the crown stepping up to the Mic. The news announcer came on air,"Ladies and Gentlemen coming live from Atlanta, Miss Lori Davenport, our country music sweetheart."

Lori began to sing.

~~~~~~~~~

Luke laid there as everyone filed out of his room leaving him by his lonesome again. He'd just made the biggest sacrafice of his life and his own girlfriend wasn't there to comfort him. Dixie and Lori either one wasn't gone seemed like a couple of minutes and he missed them.

He looked out the window and saw the crowds lined up from miles away to see Lori. He smiled to himself.

~~~~~~~~

Back at the farm.........

After leaving Luke's room BL walked slowly out to her car thinking about the news Lori had told them. She was really worried now, she'd been so sick lately she prayed nothing was wrong with the child she was carrying. Driving home she kept thinking and wondering if something was wrong. She told Konrad what Lori had found out and her own fears and that she was calling doc to schedule an appointment for a checkup just to be on the safe side. Calling Doc's office he answered....

"Hello Doc Petticord's office"

BL said "Doc it's B.L Duke I'd like to schedule an appointment to come in and see you."

Doc Petticord raised his eyebrows listening to the young woman and answered.

"Of course B.L is something wrong?"

B.L. took a deep breath letting it out before answering.

"I don't know I've been sick a whole lot and I'd just like ya to check things out to ease my mind. It's probably nothing but...." she trailed off.

"Of course B.L come on in right now if you'd like and I'll see if I can set your mind at ease."

So ten minutes later B.L and Konrad were on their way to Doc Petticord's office. At the doctor's office Doc Petticord ushered B.L into an examination room and gave her an examination. Finishing up he looked at her and Konrad and said.

"You and the baby are fine B.L it's just a bad case of morning sickness. I'll give you a prescription for something to help so you won't dehydrate."

After getting a prescription for Zofran the young Duke couple went to the drug store getting it filled before going back home.

Back at the farm Dixie went out to where the trailer had been delivered they were still putting it together. She'd get Bo on it soon as they were done running the water and sewage. Then she'd get power on it. She hoped to have it done and in it by the time the baby, she corrected her thinking, babies got there. She hadn't planned on one let alone two and without Luke it looked like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke was glad his decision was made. He was not sure of course if he'd made the right one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BL couldn't wait to spread the news about Luke and Dixie and Lori to all of Hazzard!

It had been hours that passed and Lori had signed autographs and had pictures taken she decided to go back to the hospital to talk things out with Luke.

She got in Midnight and sped to the hospital. When she got out she took the elevator and walked slowly into Luke's room and smiled to him. Luke looked to her and smiled back,"Hey darlin."

Lori smiled,"Luke I wanted to ask you, and Im afraid of the answer I'll get but, do YOU think you made the right choice?"

Luke looked to Lori and sighed,"Be honest I don;t know. I love you with all my heart and I love Dixie, but We'll give it a shot ok?"

Lori nodded, setting down beside him,"Were'd everyone go to?"

Luke sighed,"Home, to help Dixie, You left me!!"

Lori looked down,"Im sorry, I had t' go honey I thought Bo was gonna stay!"

Luke...........

Instead of going home B.L wanted to go to the Duke farm she was going to share the 'news' she'd heard in Luke's room with Beth and Daisy. She just couldn't wait to tell them to see what they said, she felt bad that Dixie's marriage was crumbling but this was too good to keep quiet about.

At the farm her and Konrad went inside she hadn't told him yet either what she'd heard. He had stayed at the garage to run it while she'd went to see Luke since Lori was in Atlanta doing her shows and Cooter was visiting Luke too. Once Daisy and Beth were seated in the livingroom B.L looked to them and Konrad and said.....

Luke winked, "I think Beth is getting a little lonely or Bo's getting, .... well, ....never mind!"

Lori said, "Ah, ..... yeah, .... speaking of, ....... that, ........ Honey.................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the farm Dixie and Beth had stored a lot of baby items. She was silently taking inventory to see what there was two of. 'Sh--! I really needed THIS, NOW!' she thought.

Luke looked to her and said, "I got ya. Honey, right now it hurts me to try to drink something. I might have only broken my leg but I'm hurting all over. I might be outta of this cast in 8 weeks but it'll be awhile before they let me jump again, IF they do!" That's what was worryng Luke. He made good money for jumping, but if they stuck him at a desk his payday would be cut drasically.

Lori tried to sound conviencing, "It'll be ok."

Luke sighed, "Yeah."

Lori looked to Luke,"Didn't they give you yer medication?"

Luke shook his head,"Not yet, i wasn't ready fer them to."

Lori nodded, She looked to the window,"Man, the shows been over at least an hour and they still aint went no wheres."

Luke smiled,"Yea I could hear them making a racket all the way up here."

Lori chuckled softly, she was about to say something when his phone rang.

"Hello??"

"Yea shes right here." Luke handed Lori the phone mouthing the words :RANDY"

Lori rolled her eyes,"What Randy,"

"You gotta......"

"look Randy, today has been one he-- of a day, Im here in the hospital with Luke and I ain't going no wheres."

"But Lori, that new record company, they want to make you a new record deal!"

Lori was almost in tears she was soo frustrated,"Randy, please, since I got here in Atlanta ive been running back and forth between Hazzard, the hospital, and that dern stadium, Cant they give me at least another week?? maybe at least a couple of days."

Randy:No Lori!! this is important!"

Lori hung the phone up before agreeing, she looked to Luke and sat on his bed,"Honey, I got a new record deal and they eed me down there ASAP, want me to stay?? Im sure Randy could get me a couple of days in so I can stay here with you."

Luke smiled.........

After telling Daisy and Beth what she'd heard in Luke's room at the hospital BL and Konrad got in their car and headed home it was late. Konrad looked at B.L as they pulled out of the driveway.

"That was kinda mean doncha think?"

B.L looked at him and said.

"That's what Luke gets fer messin' around with Lori when he's married to Dixie it'd be all over the county before long anyway. Better to hear it from me than somebody else....."

Lori scratched her head sighing with frustration, she knew Luke was honeslty watching Ricky, not only was Ricky careless but he looked good too.

Lori hopped in Midnight Rider driving off towards a tall offce building were Ricky had given her directions to go to. She walked in and went straight to the top, she knocked on the door, Ricky in there with these big time we-mean-business people.Lori smiled and started her southern charm.

Lori looked to Ricky after a couple of hours had passed,"Ricky, Luke's getting out of the hospital in a couple of days and I have to be there to help him!"

Ricky shrugged her off like it wasn't nothing, Lori humphed him and crossed her legs, sighing as she was bored.

The first day of the new record label was over, she went to her hotel room and laid down.

~~~~~~~~~

The two days had passed and Luke was still sore, but out of the bed, on crutches. Cooter was on his way after he called Luke and had Little Luke on the bus, he'd come get him and help him home, praying B.L wuldnt be there.

Lori was back in that same old building her last day there with that new record deal. She was soo tired ti wasn't even funny. She looked at the clock and saw the time Cooter'd be at the hospital anytime!

Cooter pulled up going up to Luke's room, his dischraged papers were signed and he was ready fer home.Luke sighed seeing Cooter. they walked out of hs room and to the wrecker. Cooter helped him up and climbed in himslef. Driving home when they go tthere, they saw B.L..............

Driving home they saw B.L when they got there. B.L had her arms crossed waiting to pounce the second Luke was out of the wrecker. Cooter got out and went around to the passenger side and helped Luke down giving him the crutches.

"Well if it aint the hazzard playboy!" B.L spat her eyes in narrow menacing slits.

Luke swallowed he knew she was fixin' to rip into him but he guessed he deserved it.

"I used to think better of you Luke how could you do that to them? Ya married to Dixie and ya toyin' with Lori it ain't right!"

Luke swallowed and looked down at the ground. "Don't remind B.L, Don't ya think I don't wanna hurt them both?"

B.L glared at him,"Then why did you then?"

Luke looked away, he never answered her. he couldn't tell her that he couldn't let neither one of them go. Cooter glared at B.L telling her to ease up just a tad, let him get settled then rip into him. B.L snorted walking in the garage waiting on Konrad to come in so he could take them home.

Cooter and Luke slowly walked up the back stair way Luke cursing under his breath,"Cooter, d'ya think you could atleast keep Little Luke one more day, til' Lori comes home, less she comes home today."

Cooter nodded, he needed all the help he could get around there and he couldn't take care of a over-active 5year old. Cooter opened the door and walked in with him, setting him down on the couch. Luke relaxed in the couch, softness and warmth spread over him from the cozy couch cushions. Cooter walked on down and stood with B.L and Konrad, any minute Lori would call, they all knew she would.

~~~~~~~~~

Lori was a different story though, she never got out of that danged place til late in the afternoon, The crowds was still cram packed from the show yesterday. Lori slowly drove to her hotel room, packing her things she looked to the phone as if trying to remember something.She shrugged it off heading out the door. She then remembered seeing the hospital,"Luke!! I forgot to call him this morning!!"

Lori headed back in to her room and dialed the garage's number. Luke was asleep on the couch as he was relaxed and comfortable, when the phone rang he jumped 10 foot and cursed cause it hurt. He answered,"Hello? Hazzard Garage."

Lori smiled,"Luke, sorry I didnt call eairler, im leaving the hotel right now."

Luke nodded to himself smiling,"Ok, I was wondering, B.L done and got me today anyways so it doesn't matter."

Lori chuckled softly ro him,"Well I'm on my way home honey, see ya then."

Lori and Luke both hung up as they said goodbye. Lori got up and headed out the door. She pulled out slowly but surely. She made it home as Little Luke was already home, hours and hours. When Luke heard her car pull up he looked to the door were he knew she'd come barging in. Little Luke was in his room, most likely asleep. Cooter let him stay up there with Luek til he was ready to go home. When Little Luke heard the engine, he screamed,"MOMMY!!!!"

running in through the house as Lori calmly opened the door. Luke looked to her with a concerned face,"You called at least 5 hours ago, what took you so long??"

Lori looked to him, ain't even been home a day and here he was already interrogatin her and getting all protective like. Lori smiled to him,"Traffic, its still packed full from yesterday, everyone knew I wasn't leaving til today and they all came back today. Luke nodded in apprevement believeing the excuse, he didn't trust Ricky any. With Lori's reputation, He just didn't trust Ricky.

Lori looked down to Little Luke picking him up and kissing his cheek. She walked over to Luke and sat beside him on the couch before she went to go unpack her things. Luke looked to her and.........

Luke looked to her and said, "It's good to be back here. I'm glad you made it back today." He paused, "Are you OK?"

Lori......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse noticed Dixie appearing really distracted, "Are you OK?"

Dixie blew it off a bit, "Yeah, just trying to get organized with what needs to be done to the trailer. Maybe I can get Bo out there to help me figure what needs done first."

Jesse said, "After breakfast we'll both go in the morning."

"Thanks, so much Uncle Jesse." Dixie tuely loved this man who took care of not just his family but anyone who needed help.

Lori nodded,"Yea still feel sick though, not as bad. Did the Doc call today?"

Luke shook his head,"No why?"

Lori looked down and sighed,"I had t' get that shot today and I was wondering when my next appointment was, he said he would call."

Luke said,"No he didn't."

Lori smiled and kissed him before getting up to get her things unpacked. She hollered to him whilst she was in their room,"So B.L already made a bee-line dive fer ya huh?"

Luke nodded,"Yea, I've got a new nickname now."

Lori folded some clothes,"Ohh, whats that?"

Luke snorted,"Im known as the Hazzard playboy now."

Lori fell over laughing Luke turned his head to see Lori bent over double laughing. Luke chuckled softly and turned back around. Lori, once she was done, made her way to the kitchen to fix supper. Luke sat there, helpless and bored. Lori smiled to herself, she knew it would kill him to set and do nothing, she could make that work to her advantage though.

Luke sighed looking in there to her asking............

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the farm.......

Lori finished supper up and took Luke's plate to him, she walked back into the bedroom setting at the small desk, Luke hollered in there to her,"Aint you eatin honey??"

Lori was already frustrated trying to think up of new songs,"Can't hon, Ricky's coming over tomorrow I haf'ta have these songs ready by then, sides I ain't hungry. to osick to eat."

Luke shook his head,"Baby he's working you too hard you know that?" Lori shrugged.Little Luke sat at the table looking in there to his daddy. When everyone was done Lori came back in and took their plates up cleaning them. She then cleaned the house some, as it had needed it.

Lori walked back to the bedroom and began to write another song.She'd done had two written. She watched Luke hop to the bathroom to take a bath, She giggled a little. It took him fer what seemed like ages to get out of there. He hobbled into the bedroom taking his clothes off laying in the bed with the covers over him. He laid his head in the crook of hs arm looking to Lori. Lori had her guitar out and was plucking on it, Little Luke had already took his shower and was in his room. Lori looked over her shoulder to Luke,"How'd that cold shower feel darlin?"

Luke smiled to her and closed his eyes hiding his face in the pillow. Lori laughed and plucked on her guitar some more. Luke watched her leave the room to go and take a shower he looked around the room glad to be back in the comfort of his bed. Lori came back in, in her slip and turned out the lamp. Luke patted the side of the bed Lori climbing in, Lori turned over towards him Luke kissed her putting his arm over her. She laid her head on her pillow going to sleep. Luke watched her, smoothing her hair back from her eyes. he kissed her forehead one more time before he laid his head down and fell asleep to.

~~~~~

Uncle Jesse looked to Little Jesse,"Well, Luke is yer half-brother, you have the same Daddy's but different Mommies."

Little Jesse nodded his head. Dixie had gotten most of everything settled in the new trailer and decided to stay in it, She laid down in the bed and looked up to the ceiling, she thought no more Luke. but atleast he would come and see them and spend time with them.

At the Davenport farm all was settling down for a good night's sleep at least that's what they hoped for. B.L. met Cooter in the hall as he was on his way to his room and she hers and Konrad's after being sick yet again. He smiled and patted her shoulder as they passed asking.

"How ya feeling B?"

B.L. shrugged and answered truthfully

"I've been better."

Luke's last thought before going to sleep was it was going to be a LONG pregnancy for him! He had been glad to get in the shower though the water was a bit on the cold side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was glad to actually have a house of her own even though it needed porches, water and power yet. It had came largely furnished and she was thankful for that also. She also planned to go to town and talk to the local attorney to see about starting the divorce. If Luke didn't want her then she da-- well didn't want him or so she tried to tell herself as she drifted off to sleep.

Early that next morning the alarm didn't even go off and Lori was up and out of the bed, dressed and ready for the loooong day ahead. She walked in getting Little Luke up. He whined and went on Lori ignored it and helped him get ready,"Mommy, I dont wanna go!!!!!"

Lori looked to him and hushed him,"You'll wake yer daddy up!"

Little Luke pouted going into the kitchen, Lori poured him a glass of orange juice, him waiting for his cereal. She fixed him a bowl of oatmeal, and of course he made a yucky face. Lori rolled her eyes and said,"Eat it and be glad ok son?"

Little Luke stuck his spoon in it and slowly ate it. The bus had already picked up Little Jesse and the rest. When it pulled up to the Garage Little Luke walked out and around to the bus setting in the back with Little Jesse. Lori knew Dixie was pissed and one false move that was it. Lori walked in to her and Luke's room getting her music. Luke had woken a little. Lori had his break fast ready bringing it and a hot cup of coffee to him. she heloed him rise up in the bed. He smiled to her as she handed the plate to him and the cup of coffee, he kissed her smelling her hair, a scent of jasmine floated in the air,"And yer wearing perfume for Ricky???"

Lori kissed his cheek,"No...Luke don't tell me yer......."

Luke shook hi shead sipping his coffee,"No I'm not."

Lori nodded, making a sick face again. She got up and ran for the bathroom, the pain had went away just a little. She had been in there for several minutes, when she came out Luke looked to her in the living room,"Ya Alright??"

Lori waved her thumb in the air sticking it up. She sat down at the table trying to think of another song fer Ricky.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie woke up and fixed herself a little breakfast, she actually had a good nights sleep last night. She got dressed and headed for town to the attorney's office.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter woke up hearing B.L upchucking, he sighed, all three davenport women pregnant and one with TWINS!! He walked outside and headed for the garage. When he got there he could hear Lori upstairs singing to a new tune, he liked it. He whsitled along with her and worked on a car there. Luke had gotten dressed and was walking in through the house with his plate Lori saw hima dn got up taking the plate from him, cleaning it. Luke sat on the couch and sighed,"Ya know I ain't THAT helpless!"

Lori looked to him and humphed him,"Well EXCUSE ME!!"

Luke chuckled a little, she was in under alot of pressure and Ricky coming wasn't helping any if he could have his way he'd tell Ricky off and what he was doing to Lori wasnt right. At that time they heard a knock on the door, Lori jumped up heading towards the door seeing Ricky there.........