Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

Lori meanwhile was still in the bed, the alarm going off. Little Luke was already awake and out of the shower, Lucille had breakfast fixed and at the first smell, Lori got up and ran for the bathroom. She came out several mintues later and looked to her son,"Hey baby, wanna go see daddy today sometime?"

Little Luke smiled and screamed,"YEA!!!!"

Apparently he had forgotten how mad he was at him. The bus arrived and Lori walked him out kissing his cheek before he got on. She walked back in and set down on the couch. She had to call Cooter and tell him that she was coming back.

When she dialed the number Cooter answered,"Hazzard Garage?"

"Lori?"

Lori spoke up and told him, Cooter sighed and shook his head,"Lori I orta rang yer neck fer it but ok. You can atleast keep an eye on th eplace."

Lori nodded saying goodbye and hanging up the phone. She instintaniously went to pack what little things she did bring.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke sighed, "I'm lucky to have you. I know that. Even after everything you were still here for me."

Stating the obvious, Dixie said, "I AM still your wife, fr as long as you'll have me."

That hurt and hurt deep, Luke finally said, "I am sorry for all of this. I really am. I thought the day you walked into town almost six years ago that all the runnin', chasin', and cat and mouse stuff was over."

Dixie replied, "It could have been."

"Yeah right up unitl I decided to act like a fool over Ledbetter trying to pull my chain." Luke was on simmer after seeing him with Lori last night.

"Your going to get better and go after him ain't ya?" Dixie asked, though she knew the answer.

Luke replied, "I might just have to talk to him sometime about a few things."

Dixie knew Luke too well. It was eating at him that Ledbetter was with Lori, which meant he wasn't ready to let her go. "Do you remember us talking before you surgery?"

Luke thought. It was a bit foggy but he remembered, "Yeah.........It might be a bit foggy in places though."

"I told you 'I wasn't sure if you wanted to hear it, but that I still loved you.' you replied, 'that you did want to hear it and that you loved me too. And that you were sorry. Very Sorry.' Do you remember that, you were pretty groggy at the time." Dixie asked.

Luke replied, "I remember."

Dixie could tell he was thinking as she asked with tears in her eyes, "Did you mean it?"

Luke looked her straight in the eye with his sky blue eyes and said honestly, "Every word." He reached for her and pulled her close to him for the first kiss they had shared in weeks.

Dixie let her guard down just enough to allow him to pull her to him for the kiss. A kiss that was stirring a lot of feelings for them both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo started through the door with Jesse. He saw what was going on and backed un-noticed back through the doorway. Outside he told Jesse what he'd seen.

Jesse replied, "I sure hope they figure this out. He's hurting them both."

Bo decided he'd better tell Jesse what he suspected. "After he saw Lori with Ledbetter last night I think he called her or something. When I came back from a walk he was different. He and Dixie were getting along good to until that came on TV."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie stood beside his bed for quiet sometime. He still had his hand on her stomach and it was as if the baby knew this was someone it had been missing. For no further along than she was it felt that the baby was doing cart wheels.

Dixie wanted to know what they were doing, where Luke was going after he got out of the hospital, but she knew the ice they were on was very thin. She decided that since Luke would still be there a couple days that she'd take things as they were and keep the memories of the brief closness they had shared.

Luke shifted in the bed and Dixie knew that the medication had worn off quiet a bit by now and he was in pain. "Want me to get the nurse now with you medication?"

Luke said, though he was in pain, "I'll buzz her if it gets too bad."

It was at that time the nurse came in to give him his other medications and do her routine checks.

Dixie eased out the door to find Bo and Jesse.

Bo had to ask, "Well?"

Dixie replied, "I don't know. He said he meant everything he's told me." She layed her hadn on her stomach, "He felt the baby. Felt like it was doing cart wheels under Luke's hand. I couldn't bring myself to get into it with him right now."

Jesse asked, "You really think that's what would happen?"

Dixie replied, "Jesse when it's just us we're good. Ask Bo, it was like nothing ever came between us last night. Right up until Lori came on the TV. He was furious she was with Ledbetter." She looked at Bo and said, "You know he'll go after him eventually?"

Bo replied, "She's right. I saw Luke's reaction."

Cooter walked up to them, "Hey ya'll."

Dixie turned to her brother, "Hey there."

Cooter looked at her closely, "Hey yourselVES." He had to pat he belly. And said, "We're growing kinda quick aren't we?"

Dixie replied, "You should have felt it when Luke was doing that. I think the kids wanting out now the way it was kicking."

Jesse asked, "Dixie are you staying awhile or are you riding back with me?"

Dixie replied, "I'm ging back with you. I have a couple things I need to do before Jesse gets home."

As Dixie and Jesse left. Bo and Cooter talked until the nurse came back out.

When the nurse came back out of Luke's room Bo and Cooter went in. Bo could see the pain etched in Luke's face and asked

"You alright cousin?"

Luke nodded 'yes' that he was ok trying to ignore the pain and get it to ease off.

"Hey Lucas"

Cooter said, he was glad that Luke wasn't hurt more seriously than he was. What he wasn't too happy about though was the way Luke kept dangling both Lori and Dixie on a chain like a couple of toys. So when he got through playing with one he could play with the other. Cooter spoke again breaking the akward silence.

"Dixie said ya was gonna be alright, that's good ta hear."

Luke nodded and said quietly

"Yeah.....sure don't feel like it right now though."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the farm Jesse and Dixie had arrived and while Jesse was doing some things outside Dixie went back in the house to do the things she had to do before Little Jesse got home from school. Dixie sat down on the couch after a while for a breather she felt tired today more tired than she could remember feeling when she'd been pregnant with little Jesse.........

Over at the Davenport farm B.L. and Konrad were just spending some quality time together. Usually Konrad would be at the garage helping Cooter but B.L had told both him and Cooter in no uncertain terms that while Lori was hanging around there Konrad would not be there without her tagging along. Maybe she was being silly she thought but fact was she wasn't sure she trusted Lori around her husband.

"Ya think Luke,Dixie and Lori will ever get this mess worked out?" she asked Konrad leaning back against his chest as they sat in the recliner together. Konrad kissed the side of her head and said....

"I don't know, but it ain't our problem."

B.L snorted and said

"Is too our problem it's everybody in both families problem, they're our cousins."

One of the things Dixie had to do was to meet the moving company that was setting up the double wide trailer she'd went out on a limb and bought without telling Luke anything about it. If and when he decided he wanted her for her she'd tell him. Things had went well at the hospital but something wasn't right. He was telling her what she wanted to hear and it may have been the truth, but Luke had ways of telling you the truth but NOT the ENTIRE TRUTH. She had a feeling this is what he'd been doing to her. After meeting with the trailer people and getting them started Dixie drove to town. She made a couple un-neccessary stops before heading for the one she'd been putting off. It was her actual reason for going to town. She parked the car and walked aroud the town square to Doc's office.

Doc looked up a bit surprised, "Well, hello there. I didn't forget to write your appointment down did I?"

Dixie replied, "Ah, no, I'm not scheduled for another week but I'd like to talk to you."

Doc was used to this type of request from first time Mothers but Dixie wasn't and with all Bo and Beth's children he couldn't imagine what she wanted to talk about. But, Doc was always willing to talk to his patients about their concerns. "Sure, let's go back to the back office."

"Doc, I know this will sound silly, but there's somethng different with this pregnancy." Dixie said after they were seated.

Doc asked, "So what's different?"

Dixie replied, "Well, for starters, with Jesse he grew, well I got bigger at a steady pace. With this one I went from wearing regular clothes to nothing fitting and maternity clothes almost over night. I wasn't wearing maternity clothes yet with Jesse. And, I've been more tired than I've ever felt. It was like that with Jesse for the first couple months then it eased up. It's not this time."

Doc smiled, "Well, I don't think you have anythign to be worried about but I'll look you over." He began by weighing and measuring Dixie. As he preformed the rest of his exam he asked, "Dixie, I heard about Luke. How is he?"

"The accident? He's still in Atlanta with a compund fracture to his right leg. His doctor said he'd be in a cast for at least eight weeks, but other than that I hear he was lucky." Dixie explained.

Doc pushed, "You know I hear all the gossip, but this pretains to you. I understand you and Luke aren't...."

Dixie knew he knew so she might as well put him at ease, "Doc, Luke was staying about the garage before his accident with my cousin Lori."

Doc hadn't quiet heard all of the story and now had the rest of the pieces to teh puzzle. "Oh, I see. Ok, well, with all this going on, could that be the reason for you to be tired?"

"It could be, but I'm still doing the same daily routine. Except that Jesse started school." Dixie stated.

Doc listened to the baby's heart beat. He let Dixie listen. Then, he listened again and insisted on blood work and other tests.

"Is something wrong?" Dixie asked.

Doc tried to put her mind to rest. "No, nothing is wrong. The baby has a good strong heartbeat. I just wanted some extra tests because you are concerned. I'll call you in a few days with the results but I don't expect anything to be wrong."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly BL jumped up and headed for the restroom. This would be the end to her peaceful day.

Suddenly B.L jumped up and headed for the restroom. This would be the end to her peaceful day. Making it just in time she leaned over the toilet upchucking, her abdominal muscles were starting to get sore from all this throwing up she couldn't remember ever being this sick in her life and it had so far been every day with no relief in sight. She didn't remember Dixie being this sick with Jesse or Beth with her five kids, they had both had good days and bad so far all of B.L's had been bad.

After a few minutes when she hadn't come back Konrad followed her holding back her hair and rubbing her back.

"Ya gonna be alright B?"

B.L shook her head wiping her mouth and mumbled

"Morning sickness is god's cruel joke on expectant mothers. I will never laugh at Dixie and Beth again."

Konrad wet a wash cloth giving it to her and helped her sit on the edge of the bathtub. Leaning forward with her head in her hands B.L closed her eyes hoping the neausa would pass sooner today instead of lasting all day again. As another wave of sickness caused her to throw up again she knew that her hopes were dashed she'd be sick most of the day........

Cooter looked to Luke as Bo stepped out,"Lucas, I dont know what you said to Lori or what you did to her, but she came back to the garage...she said that you wanted her to move back in?"

Luke nodded and agreed, he smiled at the fact that Lori would move back in. Cooter sighed,"Lukas, you can't keep em both forever. I sure hope you know what yer doing."

Luke sighed and closed his eyes,"Lor still coming this evening?"

Cooter nodded,"Yea she is, said had to get Little Luke cleaned up first."

Luke nodded, he closed his eyes in pain and went to sleep. Cooter walked out looking to Bo,"Any luck?"

Bo asked. Cooter shook his head no.

~~~~~~~~~

Hours had past and Cooter and Bo had left and went home, Lori had little Luke in the car and pulled out of the driveway heading towards the hospital.

When she arrived, no one was there likely that Luke was asleep. Lori eased his door open to find him sound sleeping. Little Luke wanted to holler,"DA....."

Lori hushed him taking him and setting in the chair beside the bed, it squeaked a little making Luke twitch a little. Lori chuckled softly as Little Luke sat in her lap, he was tired from his day of school. Lori began to softly sing a lullaby to him, Luke heard her and opened his eyes saying............

"Hey, ...... I was beginning to think you weren't coming.

Lori smiled, "I was giving everyone else time to leave."

Little Luke being the typical five year old asked, "What happened?"

Luke figured this was coming, "At work I jump out of airplanes with a parachuet. Do you know what that is?"

Little Luke nodded, 'yes'.

"Ok well before I landed I had problems and hit the ground to hard." Luke tried to explain. He was thinking it was ashamed that Luke probably didn't know what he did when he went to work, where as Jesse had actually watch him make practice jumps.

Little Luke frowned and said,"Will you be ok daddy?"

Luke smiled and chuckled softly,"Yea, daddy'll be fine."

Lori looked to her son and tussled his hair around. Luke looked to Lori and said with a smile,"You moved back in the garage didn't you?"

Lori sighed,"Yea, I did. awful lonely round there though without ya."

Luke sighed,"Well, be about 8 weeks I reckon, think you can wait thst long?"

Lori made a pouting face at Luke,"I dont know."

Luke laughed as did Lori. She sat little Luke down on Luke's bed. She leaned forward a little, as she wasn't sick this morning, but it was hitting her now. Luke looked to Lori and asked,"Darlin, ya alright??"

Lori made a sick face but retained and leaned back. "Yea, fine."

Little Luke yawned and fell asleep beside his daddy, lori smiled and leaned back against the chair, looking to Luke.

Luke.........

Luke was thinking again, "You know once this thing come off," Luke said pointing to the cast, "And I get the doctors clearance its gonna take a lot of work to get back to jumping again. Doc said it was a pretty nasty break. They are alsogoing get me outta this bed tomorrow. He said he was just giving me a couple days for the soreness to ease up some."

Lori asked, "Has it?"

Luke replied, "Not really, but the faster I'm out of this bed the faster I can get back home. Soon as he knows I won't take a nose dive down the steps he'll release me with crutches, but those steps are going to be a bi----!"

Lori nodded. She was trying not to be sick.

Lori nodded trying not to be sick,"I....can help ya there.... Im stronger than..."

She couldn't hold back no more, Lori ran to his bathroom and upchucked, she stayed for several mintues in there. Luke hollered to her,"Ya alright?"

Lori came out flushing the toliet,"Fine now. I was wondering when that was every gonna come up."

Luke laughed a little, Lori sat back down beside him smiling,"Like i was saying before, I can help ya there, Im stronger than what ya think I am."

Luke nodded,"Yea but Im bigger than you, and yer pregnant though."

Lori snorted at him,"Humph, I can help ya dont worry."

Luke smiled.

An hour passed and Dixie was headed on her way to the hospital again to see Luke one last time. Lori had little Luke up and in her amrs,"I reckon I better go, Dixie'll come back and thats all we need."

Luke sighed, he still had to think on the divorce."Wish you could stay longer."

Lori smiled,"Yea me too, But Dixie......."

Luke nodded,"Yea I know it, I could talk to her though."

Lori sighed,"You can try, you know her though."

Luke smiled,"Yea, I'll see. Love ya darlin."

Lori loved him but didn't know if him still being with Dixie, it didnt make her feel right, she knew the expected answer and said,"Love ya too."

Lori walked out putting Little Luke in th back and pulling out. As she was driving down the road she saw Dixie go by her,"OHH S---!!!!"

Dixie looked through her moirror and saw that ti was Lori, probably headed from the hospital, Dixie knew Luke hadn't let go of Lori, wellshe had to go see him anyways.

Dixie arrived in the hospital and walked in Lukes room.........

Dixie was about to let him have it when an unexpected visitor stepped in the room.

It was Doc Petticorte. "Luke I heard about your accident and I was down this way, I thought I'd check up on the here so called city doctors."

Luke smiled at the older man, "Thanks Doc I apprecaite that."

Dixie had the good graces to keep her temper in check.

Luke and Doc talked for several minutes, before Doc looked at Dixie and stated, "Part of the reason I was down here was to pick up some information. Since you are here with Luke would you like to discuss what you were talking to me the other day about?"

Dixie felt just a bit embarrassed. She hadn't told anyone she was going to see Doc but he had covered it as if they just ran into each other. But, since Doc had brought it up and obviously had her test results she wanted to know if everything was ok. She looked at Luke to see if he wanted to know.

Luke asked, "Is anything wrong?"

Dixie replied, "I was concerned. I've been really tired. This time it's just different.."

Doc said, "Well, there may just be a reason for that, but it's not entirely unusal."

Dixie was becoming impatient, "Talk to us Doc."

Doc set his bag down and took out his stethascope. He put it on and listened in several different areas. He then handed it to Luke. "I know you're more experienced at this sort of things with calves and ponies but take a couple listens."

Dixie looked at them both feeling like a science experiment.

Luke listened. He could hear Dixie heart beat louder and slower. The baby's was strong and quick. He looked at Doc questioning.

Doc said, "I take it you can tell Dixie's heartbeat from the baby's?"

Luke nodded.

"Ok, tune hers out and count the heartbeats now." Doc said as he timed it. "Now times what you have by 2."

Luke nodded.

Doc asked what his total was.

Luke said, "About 250, it was so quick it ws hard to count."

Doc looked at Dixie and let her listen. Do you hear how quick the heart beat is?"

"Yes, is that bad?" Dixie asked.

"Not really but the average heart rate for babies during pregnancy is 140-145 per min." Doc explained.

Luke said, "But I counted almost DOUBLE that."

Dixie looked at the both. "Oh, but NO! You can't be thinking?"

Luke was right behind her, "Doc that's crazy! No? Can you tell for sure?"

Doc smiled, "Well, since you are here Dixie. Why don't I talk to Luke's doctor who's a close frined of mine. See if we can't get you admitted for the night and well go have a look tomorrow morning."

Luke said, "It would put all doubts out of you mind instead of dealing with maybes."

Dixie nodded, 'yes', but said "I hate hospitals, but OK."

Doc was back in a few minutes with her wrist band. He said, "Got you all fixed up and they will just bring you another bed in here since you are married."

Dixie and Luke stared at each other.

They brung Dixie's bed into the room and placed it beside of Luke's. Luke swallowed really hard, He was glad Dixie was there, but if Lori found out, she'd leave for sure and he'd never see her, Little Luke or his other unborn child again.

~~~~~~

Lori drove home, putting Little Luke to bed, as it was late. She was back at the garage Cooter was about to leave when the phone rang, it was Ricky.

Cooter hollered to Lori to pick the phone up, she did so hearing Ricky's voice.

"Lori!! you haf'ta come back to Atlanta, Hogg already said you could!!! you were a BIGGGG hit here!!!"

"Yer newly released albums are hitting the shelves and empyting out of the stores quicker than before!!!"

Lori sighed, her stomach killed her badly. She looked down to Cooter motioning him up. Pointing to Little Luke's room to take him to his house to stay fer a couple of days. Cooter sighed doing so he packed his clothes and had him awake and downstairs. Lori hung the phone up, and rushed downstairs. When she reached the bottom she smiled to Little Luke,"Mommy'll be back honey, I've gotta go back to Atlanta."

Little Luke nodded sleepily. Dang it! Lori couldn't spend one night with Luke because of Dixie and she couldn't spend no time with Little Luke.

She got in Midnight Rider and pulled out heading right back to Atlanta. she couldn't stop and tell Luke, it was a tight schedule as it was.

When Lori arrived back to the stadium, it was packed full again. She had just got back last night and here she was again. Lori wasn't dressed in her occasional dress, it was her normal jeans with holes in the knees, tank top, boots, and levi jacket.

When she arrived She was quickly thrown out on stage, being use to it, she smiled waving hollering. She didn't realize that all was being televised, again. They were sorta giving her a congradulations on the baby. The announcer came on the air," Please welcome Miss Lori Davenport, country music sweetheart, to the stage!!"

Luke had the clicker in his hand, seeing as thats why he had left it on the channel listening. Dixie hurt inside, not from her bundle or bundles of joy, but from Luke and Lori.

Lori was up there, gave no signs she was sick,"Howdy ya'll!!! I reckon Im glad to be back, even though I never left!!"

The crowd went wild. She began to sing.

Luke........

Luke picked the remote back up and switched the TV off.

Dixie said, "I can have them put me in a nother room if this is a problem."

Luke said, "I HAVE shared a room with youa couple times before."

"If you're sure." She said, picking up the phone and calling the farm. "Daisy, you ain't gonna believe this but Doc Petticorte just admitted me to the hospital for early mornign tests. Can you come get Little Jesse? He said nothing's wrong just wants to check some things. Can you bring me a change of clothes and a gown. Something a roomy."

Daisy laughed, "I'll have Beth help in that dept. Sure I'll be there to get Jesse."

After Daisy had gotten Jesse, Dixie set cross legged on her bed. "So what is an old married couple to do all alone in the hospital all night?"

Luke....

Luke looked to her and smiled,"Talk, bout all we can do, yer too pregnant and Im too sore."

Dixie laughed,"Yea reckon yer right."

Luke sighed,"Dix..... I'm....when I get out I'm going back t' the garage...bout the only place I haf'ta go back to."

Dixie shook her head,"Luke, I bought a double wide, with yer money...thats were it all went to....."

Luke looked to Dixie with a stern face,"You did what?"

Dixie swallowed hard,"Y..yea I did."

Luke looked away,"Dix, why?"

Dixie slowly looked up to him," Because I wanted to make living hard on you and Lori and apparently that didnt work did it?"

Luke looked to Dixie,"D--- right it didn't! Randy was right, smart women are dangerous."

Dixie looked to Luke and raised her eyebrows,"O kk??"

Luke shook his head,"Never mind."

Dixie looked to Luke and sighed,"Guess that means you aint coming back to the farm are ya??"

Luke shook his head,"Me and you is on thin ice right now, but there aint nothing oging to stop me from coming to see you or the youngins!"

Dixie smiled. Luke knew what subject he had to bring up-divorce- he didn't want to, but it had to be discussed.

"Dix, do you think me and you jumped the gun alittle?"

Dixie looked to Luke and............

~~~~~~~~~~

Lori meanwhile was in her hotel room. She thought that maybe she needed to go and have a check up done, it was suppose to be a monthly visit and it was that time. She called the hospital and scheduled an appointment, before her evening show, early that next morning. Lori laid back on her bed staring up at the ceiling thinking of Luke as always. She had an idea, maybe she could see Luke early that next morning for someone came by to see Luke.

Dixie looked to Luke in amazement, "Jumped the gun as far as?"

Luke replied, "To getting married."

"We had only known each other since we were two. I had waited for you to go out an sow all your 'wild oats' and I show up back in Hazzard all those years later. Things were good between us, have been good between us except when ever that banish cousin of mine comes around." Dixie got really quiet then dropped something in his lap he didn't expect, "You are aware that I have never made love to anyone else, ever?"

Luke looked shocked and replied,

:Dix, yer kiddin me?"

Dixie shook her head,"I was never one to be like my cousin, I love her to death but shes a whore, Shes had experience since highschool."

Luke really wished she wouldn't have said that,"Well Dix, that something else, I was Lori's first, in highschool."

Dixie looked to him,"What??"

Luke looked to herm"Why do you think we're in the mess we're in now, I never told no one, me or her neither one had, we thought ya'll knew, but you never did find out."

Dixie turned on the bed, be danged to her if Lori hadn't done it again. Luke looked to Dixie,"Dix, honey??"

Dixie looked to the foot of her bed,"Yea?"

Luke looked to her,"Im sorry, for everything."

Dixie looked to him,"May....maybe we did jump the gun too soon......"

Luke swallowed hard,"Uncle Jesse doesn't like divorces,"

It cut straight to Dixie's heart,"Yea, I know and he doesn't approve of sneaking around behind no ones backs either."

Luke had a tear in his eye,"Dixie no matter what I'll always love you."

Dixie swallowed,"Me...too, I don;t want you to stop coming to the farm though..."

Luke smiled,"You can count on that darlin!"

Dixie smiled, It could've been for a good reason or not. She loved Luke, but Luke loved Lori too, he couldn't let go of Lori and tried not to let go of dixie.

"What do we do now Dix?" Luke asked.

Dixie............

~~~~~~~~~~~

Daisy came in and smiled to them, not asking questions, giving them their time alone and took Jesse on home.

Dixie smirked, "You hold all the cards Luke. I could beg you to come back but if that's not what you won't it won't work. I'll take you back on one condition. Sometime in the future you decide you want me for me, not because it's convientant, not to piss anyone off, not becase of the kids, or because you payday short, but when you want me back because you want ME.. Come see me."

Luke nodded, "Deal."

Dixie added, "And whatever we find out tomorrow don't let it sway you decision."

Luke nodded that he understood.

Dixie almost chocked as she tried to ask one more thing, "Luke, like you said, you're too sore and God only knows what this youngin' is doing, but can I sleep in my husbands arms one more time."

Luke was crying as he pulled the covers back. "Left side."

"I don't care." Dixie said as she gently eased her way into the hospital bed with Luke and snuggled close to his chest. The both knew each was crying and grieving for the good times they had had as husband and wife. It was late very late before they fell alseep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bright and early before Lori's appointment she took the elevator upstairs and walked down the hall to Luke's room. She pushed open the door gently and looked in to see Dixie curled up in Luke's arms. Both were sound asleep!

Lori.................

Lori let the tears slip, she looked down at her stomach and rubbed her belly. She walked over wth the tears streaking down her face. She walked over to Luke and kissed his forehead one last time,"I knew you didn't love me Luke, and Im sorry I caused all of this."

Luke woke up as she walked out he jollered to her,"Lori!!! wait!!"

Lori just looked over her shoulder and shook her head. she turned the corner and left the hospital.

Dixie heard Luke and woke up.........

Dixie heard Luke and woke up and got out of his bed going back to hers. She turned on her side facing away from Luke she had thought maybe she'd got somewhere last night but now she wasn't sure. He was still trying to hold onto both her and Lori.

Lori went on to her appointment......

A few minutes later a nurse with a wheelchair came to take Dixie for her tests.

"Mrs. Duke I'm here to take you for your tests."

Dixie nodded and got up getting in the wheelchair and the nurse wheeled her out Luke watching....

Back in hazzard the rest of the Dukes and Davenports........

"Mrs. Duke, I'm here to take you for your tests.

Cooter and Bo had come to see Luke early. Cooter had an 'emergency' part run to make so Bo rode with him. They were just getting off the elevator when they ran smack dab into a near hysterical Lori. They then heard Dixie calling Lori from down the hallway and asked them to stop her. Cooter managed to get Lori stopped just as Dixie who was dressed in a gown and robe approached.

After hearing Dixie's statement to Lori, Cooter figured it was best to move this party out of all the eyes of the staff and other visitors, "Let's move this down the hall, huh?"

They moved to Luke's room. Luke was setting up and was surprised to see the four come into his room. The nurse was still waiting to take Dixie to the appointment. Luke asked, "Can you give her just a minute?"

The nurse stepped outside.

Cooter spoke up, "Luke I don't know what's going on here but I can tell you I'm not a bit happy. I think you are stringing both these girls along and if they both had any since they'd both walk out and never look back. You keep dangling them and I'm sure that you'll loose them both."

Luke looked down. "You are right."

Dixie spoke up, "I tried to tell Lori that she won and last night was goodbye." She couldn't bring herself to finish what she'd said in the hallway.

Luke nodded, 'yes', " She's right."

Bo said just a bit to loud, "Dang it LUKE! It would serve you right to loose then BOTH!" Obviosly he wanted lUke and Dixie to get back together.

Lori sighed looking to Luke and then to Dixie,"Dixie?? you ain't serious are ya??"

Luke looked to Lori surprised,"Lori, I thought you of all people would be happy."

Lori shook her head,"Well if it's caused this much vickerin and arguin between the families, I don't..........."

Luke sighed,"Make up yer mind Lori, mine's made up, me and Dixie has already decided and agreed on it.. we're both going to give this a try."

Dixie looked to Lori and nodded, smiling a little. Loir looked to a furious Bo, whom said,"Luke!!! Uncle Jesse'll........"

Dixie stopped him,"Its already said and done Bo, Uncle Jesse knows... he'll support our decision."

Luke looked to Lori,"On conditions.."

Lori nodded,"Dont try and stop me from seeing Dixie, and my other children."

Lori nodded. The nurse looked to Dixie and pointed to the chair. Lori looked at her watch, in a couple of hours she'd have to go back to the stadiumand get ready. Luke looked to Lori and raised his brow at her,"What exactly are you doing bakc here in Atlanta this early anyways?"

Lori sighed,"I was a big hit here yesterdaya nd they want me to go on tour, fer atleast a couple of days anyways."

Luke smiled,"Thats great!"

Lori nodded,"I was here intentionally to get a check-up, I didn't have these kind of pains with Little Luke, and Im worried."

Luke nodded,"They still hurting you that bad?"

Lori nodded smiling to him and walked out, Cooter grabbed her by the arm,"Lori, you know what that'll do to Dixie on the inside don't you?"

Lori nodded,"Yea Cooter, I do..... I don't want to hurt her.. I love her to death."

Cooter nodded,"Im glad you know...ohh Luther called, he said apparently you wasn't coming home?"

Lori laughed,"Yea.... apparently I aint."

Lori walked out and down to the doc's office. When she walked in the Doctor smiled to her and asked her what was wrong...............

Dixie was taken into the room where the sonogram would be done. Both the nurse and doctor was there. The prepared her for the test and Doc asked, "Do you have any questions?"

"Yeah, Doc you know Luke and I are having problems. I'd like whatever these tests show to remain here in this room until I choose to tell people. Even Luke?" Dixie stated.

Doc replied, and looked to the nurse to insure that she would keep Dixie's test results confidential, "Now, the 'fun' part. These tests may let us know the sex of the baby or babies as the case may be. Do you want to know?"

Dixie shook her head 'no', "Doc I just want to know if it or they are healthy. Do you really think it could be twins?"

Doc nodded, 'yes', "From what we heard and timed yesturday and in my office, either you are having twins or we are hearing an echo. Ready?"

Dixie nodded that she was.

As Doc moved the equipment across her abdomen, she was able to see the picture coming in clearer on the monitor. Dixie was hoping 'Please no, not this time. Not with all this going on.' Doc was keeping up a mild chatter as he continued slowly across the center of her abdomen. As Dixie watched the monitor, soon there was no doubt. She was definetly caring twins. All she could thinkof was, "Oh, my God." This idea was going to take some getting use to, a lot of getting use to!