Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

Dixie looked to Cooter and cocked her head sideways raising her brows at him,"Cooter im awfully sorry, but I........"

Cooter cut her off,"Dont explain nothing to me i gotta go fore i say something else. bye ya'll."

Dixie looked to Cooter and shook her head she didn't feel like explaing or listening to anyone. If what Bo said was true Dixie might have some reasoning and conditions with her cousin Lori, B.L too, would have to come off her high horse and listen to Lori as well. Dixie walked in the house and grabbed B.L by the arm,"Did you believe what Bo said??"

B.L being as stubborn as she was looked to Dxie,"No!"

Dixie winced a little,"I think I do, I love Lori and I love Luke with all my heart, but I have an idea........ now we gotta be nice to Lro though in order fer ti to work......We're gonna give her a taste of her own medicine."

B.L smirked,"Way to go Dix,that'll work."

Dixie said,"Its gotta go into full effect though now." Luke wont know what hit him!!!

The plan was to let Lori have her fun with Luke while she could, knowing Lori wasn't the one to settle down, she knew Luke would leave fer work hours that Dixie was use to and that Lori wasn't. Lori and Luke would go at it for awhile she understood that, but she also knew that good things come to those who wait.

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Lori pulled in at her father's house groaning and complaining.

Dixie and B.L was waiting about a day or two to let everything settle a little. See Dixie knew Luke and Knew that he would take care of her and the children no matter what woman he was with, and thats why Dixie loved him.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With BL in check for awhile, Dixie went to the mail box. She had completly forgotten that today was Luke's payday until she saw the familiar envelope. She took everyone else's mail to the kitchen table and went to her room. She opened the envelope as usual. She looked at the check made out to Lucas Duke. It had the standard 'Child Support' deduction on it. That deduction time three left a total of fifty-three dollars for Luke for two weeks. Dixie got Little Jesse ready as usual. She stopped in the kitchen and asked Jesse, 'Uncle Jesse I'm going into town. Do you need anything?"

Jesse said, "I don't think so, thanks."

Dixie stopped in midstride, "You know the part on the back 40 that you gave us when we were married. Is that still ours?"

"Of course." He said not knowing where this was going.

"Ok, let me check somethings out and I'll talk to you about it later." Dixie said as she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie went to the bank. Deposited Luke's entire check except for the $53. That she put in and envelope and mailed to him at Base Camp wit a note explaining that Little Jesse's, the baby and her share had been taken out. She registered Little Jesse for Kindergarden. Then she drove to Atlanta, where she began checking into proces of a double wide trailer. She found a 3 bedroom two bath that was very reasonable with a very low down payment. She explained that her husband worked crazy hours etc... gave them the down payment and completed the forms. The trailer would be delivered in three days. Now to go home and explain this to Jesse and the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was in town when Dixie came through in Luke's truck. Dixie was too excited to have seen Lori who was standing in the garage after just getting Little Luke resgistered for Kindergarden, too.

Lori had saw Cooter and stopped by on her way from registering litte Luke for his first day of Kindergarten, Little luke walked over to cooter and tried to dound professional,"Hand me a wench and i can help you webuold the mo-tor!!"

Lori fell over laughing at Little Luke, another mechanic in the family, she thought. Cooter shook his head and chuckled. He looked to Lori,"What are you going to do once yer bond is set, ya cant just let him make friends and leave"

Lori had thought of that, "I know Cooter, I dont know what im going to do."

"With my manager here and everything thats been going on, I dont know nothing anymore."

Cooter nodded,"Yea, well I cant say nothing on that, alls i know was he came by and dropped off his car and loaned one, which by the way I want back!! hes spose to be here with it hours ago!!!"

Lori nodded and laughed,"Untellings with him!!"

Little Luke was excited about going to school were his mom went to.

Lori wasnt all that thrilled for him to be going there.

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Dixie came back home and sat down looking to everyone and saying...........

Meanwhile Dixie came back home and sat down looking to everyone and saying, "Well, I've jumped into a something. I've thought a lot about even before all this started. From about when I just thought I might be pregnant. Uncle Jesse we all can't keep packing into your house. You gave me and Luke the back 40 when we were married. I know what he pays for little Luke." she paused, "If we do separate or divorce. I said IF. Then, he'd have to pay that much to each child and likely a similar amount to me. Well, I took his check." She realized they didn't know the whole story. "Luke left me his wallet and checkbook when he left. Anyway with that minus what we always help out here with I had enough to put down on a double wide trailer for the back 40. If he comes back great, and if he doesn't then me or him will have a place to go. I'll deal with him on that later. But, Bo I'll need help. They are delivering it in three days but it will need water ran and things I can't do. I'll call Cooter to help you?" She questioned.

Bo nodded, "I'll do all I can."

Jesse said, "Well, like I told you, you are all welcome, but I know you two have talked on this before. We'll do what we can to help you."

Dixie asked, "Can we just keep it as much a secret for now as we can. I really hope Luke decides to come home, but it has to be his choice."

Dixie nodded,"And in order to do that, B.L, we gotta get to work and get Lori."

B.L nodded,"Ohh no problem there!!"

Uncle Jesse stepped in,"Now girls, remember all is fair in love and war, just please don't take it too far, she is yer family if you want to admit to that or not, I love Lori and Luke both unconditionally as the rest does, but please, dont take it too far, there is still littl eluke too."

Dixie took it into consideration about that she nodded heading to the garage.

When she pulled out she saw Lori go by her, Dixie pulled out the Cb and got her,"Hey this heres Shotgun calling ou tto Whiskey Bent ya got ya ears on?"

Lori almost wrecked as she heard the familiar voice,"Yea this heres Whisley Bent, please dont kill me!!!!"

Dixie sighed,"Pull over couisn, we gotta talk I aint gonna kill ya either. B.L was with Dixie, she was gonna love this.

When Lori pulled over and climbed out seeing B.L, fear struken she stayed by her door,"Ohhhh no didnt intend to kill me, whyd ya bring her then?!!!!"

Lori said pointing to B.L. B.L rolled her eyes and smiled loooking to Dixie,"Look cousin Bo was telling us this thing that happened between you and Luke and said ya know you felt guilty, which ya should."

Lori swallowed,"Yes'um I really am."

Dixie looked to B.L,"We wanted to apologize to ya sos we can move on with our lives, i know that you love luke and that you want a life with him and the little one, ill be glad oto say that if he does love you i wish you the best of luck."

At this point Lori was dumbstrucken and B.L was almost crying from laughter. Lori looked to B.L as if she were stupid Dixie nudgiing her in the sides telling he rto shut up. Lori and B.L and Dixe had "made up" and Lori was on her way to the garage.

When she got there Cooter was shocked to hear about it, as Dixie had told him to be and was happy. The phone rang, it was Luke.

Lori answered,"Hello? Cooter's Garage?"

Luke smiled,"Howdy there sweetheart, listen you better be getting that top cleaned out for me and yuo and Littlel Luke!"

Lori's eyes got wide and a bright smile lite across her face,"Luke are you?"

Luke nodded,"I have to go sweetie, yea im serious talk to ya soon."

Lori hung up after saying good bye and screamed with relief. Cooter looked to her and knew instantly and he called Dixie telling he rto come to the garage because her plan had worked.

Dixie and BL waisted little time getting to the garage BL nearly giddy at the idea the plan had worked so easily for once Lori was gonna get her comeuppance. BL looked at Dixie and said

"This is gonna be soo good to watch"

Dixie frowned at her slightly and said

"BL if ya don't cool it yer gonna blow the whole thing being so dang happy about it."

BL tried to put on a suitable expression just as they got to the garage....

Dixie had let Cooter in on her plan. He secretly hoped it worked for Dixie.

Dixie made a point to give it some time before she and BL went to the garage. She drove Luke's truck because it would piss Lori off but she would act differently. When she walked up to the garage she noticed the side door upstairs was open. She raised her eyebrows to Cooter.

Cooter replied, "Lori's ah, ..... cleaning the upstairs for Luke, her and apparently Little Luke."

Dixie nodded. It hurt to know what would happen but she knew of no other way to show Luke what he had at home without letting him see what he could have else where! "She's alone cleaning the entire upstairs. Cooter I've only seen that one room in for ever. I know there is a bathroom, kinda up there. And what? Two bedrooms with the kitchen / living room area, but it's been ages since I saw it!

Cooter said, "I know. I told her I'd have to get some help cause I know of a couple motor blocks up there."

Dixie almost fell in the floor laughing, "You are kidding?"

Cooter look surprised, "No, why??"

BL asked, "Doesn't everyone store motor blocks and car parts in their houses?"

Cooter looked at the two like they had lost thier minds. He'd always stores spare parts up there. Which explained some of Lori's more animated outbursts! The three could hear all amounts of curses being said about them.

Cooter about half grinned and asked, "So what can I do for ya'll?"

"I just stopped by to tell you that my car has been acting up a bit and to see if you'd gather up everything and maybe come out and tune her up for me. That's why I'm in the truck today." Dixie said.

Cooter nodded. He bet it was but he'd go along. "Yeah, ok, I'll come out one day after closing, OK"

Dixie replied, "Yeah, sure anytime is good."

They heard Lori scream, "Cooter I'll kill you!" Lori managed to stub her toe on somthing that didn't budge. Upon looking under the pile she saw it was a 440 Magnum engine block.

Lori and BL about lost it! They were only able to imagine what she had ran into up there.

Lori heard them downstairs and, with all her might picked up the engine and slugged it over the side busting it into 10,000 little pieces, Cooter jumped 10 ft in the air whiched caused Dixie and B.L to laugh even more, Lori hollered,"Ill clean it in a minute dang it!!!!"

~~~~~

Meanwhile Luke, at the base camp was on his way home, beofre he left he recieved a letter, it was his check, he studied it a mintue and his temper shot through the roof,"DIXIE!!!!! I..............."

Luke stopped a mintue and smiled to himself, he knew Dixie would do something like that, it was gonna be hard for him and Lori, but by hell he'd make it with her.

Luke packed his things up and headed home, to his new home, with cooter partly. As he drove through town he thought of how this would turn out and wondered if Lori would still be alive by then. He pulled up to the garage, Dixie and B.L far gone by now. He got out looking to Cooter, he raised his eyebrows as he heard music coming from the upstairs, Waylon Jennings, He smiled to himself, Cooter looking heavenward,"God help me!!!"

Luke smirked,"She hasn't been that bad has she?"

Cooter started laughing,"Just glad to see yer home, safe and sound."

Luke nodded walking in and climbing up, he saw Lori bent over sweeping and smiled to himself watching her work. Lori tunred around as she could hear him behind her. She turned around and looked to him with a big grin on her face,"HI!!!"

She said all bright eyed.

Luke laughed,"Hi yerself honey, been busy looks like?"

Cooter snorted and laughed at the comment Lori looked down to him and humphed him,"Shut up Cooter!!"

Luke looked around and asked,"Weres Little Luke at?"

Lori smiled,"Well after tryin to help Cooter wok on cars, I took him home to his grandad, which doesnt know nothing yet, AND I dont want him to know yet either."

Now Dixie and B.L had already been by hid house to let him in on the plans, he knew, he was upset, but he knew. Little luke was in his room settign on his bed thinking of what his life with his mommy AND daddy would be like.

~~~~~~~~

Dixie meanwhile was at the farm telling everyone what she had done......

Luke and Lori had got through cleaning standing, hand in hand looking at their beloved home, and soflty chuckled to theirselves saying...........

Dixie meanwhile was at the farm telling everyone what she had done and was waiting for the fire works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and Lori had got through cleaning standing, hand in hand looking at their beloved home, and soflty chuckled to theirselves. Luke said, "Ya know I didn't really think it was possible to actually make this place look like this."

Lori beamed with pride.

Luke brought up a touchy subject. "Well, since you've been cleaning all day and I've been jumping out of prefectly good airplanes into forest fires, how about us leaving little Luke where he is and go get a bite to eat and a couple beers at the Boar's Nest?"

Lori hesitated. She was worried about all he-- breaking loose there.

Luke took her hand, "But, I need to make a phone call to the farm. It seems my finances migth better be described as Luke or Jesse's allowance!"

Lori looked at him, "What did she do?"

"That's what I need to find out." Luke sighed. He dreaded this phone call as he placd the call to the farm.

Bo answered, "Duke farm."

"Bo. I need to talk to Dixie." Luke said.

With a slight grin at knowing what Dixie had done Bo handed her the phone, "Dixie, phone." It was a call that most all the adults there knew would be coming. Luke had actually waited until he got to Hazzard to make it. Bo had bet he'd call from Base Camp.

"Hello." Dixie said evenly.

"Dixie what the he-- are you doing sending me a check for $53 to Base Camp?" Luke asked trying not to seem mad, yet.

"Well you said you'd likely stay at Base Camp so that's where I sent what was left." She replied calmly.

Luke asked, "Left? What do you mean left?"

"Well, I know what you pay for little Luke's child support. I added that by two. Jesse and the new baby's share and you know I'll get alimony so I added the same amount for myself. You were left with $53 but you know you've got soem overtime on the next payday so you should be ok." Dixie explained calmly.

Luke was biting nails. "You really think you would get that much?"

Dixie smiled an evil smile.

Bo was glad he wasn't Luke!

Dixie said very sweetly, "Well, Honey you can ALWAYS push it and find out. You never know they may even give me more alimony after I prove to them that you have been paying MY COUSIN child support since before we were married."

Luke sighed heavily. He knew she was right. "Alright Dix have it your way."

"No, Luke this is your way. You started it!" Dixie replied with just a bit of an edge to it.

Luke hung up the phone a bit hard. He looked at Lori and explained, "I was lucky that loaner had gas in it. I got what was left of my pay day." He stopped her questions, "It's a long story for later, but right now we have a grand total of fifty-three dollars for the next two weeks. I'm gonna tell Cooter to leave me the wrecker keys when he leaves and if he gets any calls I'll run them. He-- I've done it before."

Lori had a lot of questions. Why he had a loaner. How Dixie came up with him geting only fifty-three dollars and more but they would wait. She decided to drop her own bombshell, "Well, that shouldn't be a problem since my manager and Boss Hogg have conviently booked me into the BOAR'S NEST for two nights for the next month. Since I can't leave the County until after court, Hogg is taking full advantage of booking me cheap to make a killing on the beer and food he sales."

"Your kidding me right?" Luke asked.

"Nope." Lori said in disgust."

Luke asked, "Would it help if I talked to him?"

"I've already threw a fit! No luck!" Lori said, "But it is work. Are you sure you want us to be seen together in the Boar's Nest though?"

Luke replied, "How long do you think it'll take the County to find out that I'm here and you are moving in with me?"

Lori nodded, "Ture."

After talking to Cooter who was glad to have a night off, Luke even agreed to take over the wrecker then, which meant he'd be taking Lori to the Boar's Nest in the wrecker. He knew most women would have soon died, but Lori wa a Davenport and had ridden these wreckers since she was little. Luke knew though that going out to eat in one may be a bit of a different story for her though. He looked upstairs through the open door that did separate the garage from the upstairs apt. if it were closed but they hadn't bothered to shut it. "I'm ready any time you are. Meet you outside."

Lori started down the outside steps dressed to go out for dinner. She was dressed in...........

BL was nearly dying with laughter as she listened to Dixie on the phone talking to Luke. She couldn't believe he wasn't screaming his head off after what Dixie had done only sending him $53 to base camp that wasn't much to live on for two weeks life was going to be harder than hard with that little piddly amount.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was dressed in a black tanktop with a low cut neckline and spagetti straps. She was dressed fit to kill any man that looked at her his tongue would be hanging out to his knees. Luke's practically was as she came down the steps and strutted over to him wrapping her arms around his waist.

Luke...........

Lori smiled to Luke, "Well I am a Davenport aint I?? reckon I dont need a fancy vehicle t' take me places!"

She winked to Luke, Luke still a little shooken up by the outfit she was wearing, he prayed that nothing would happen.

When he climbed in Lori laid back and redlined in the seat propping her feet on the dashboard. She laid her hands on her stomach and began singing a soft sweet song,"Everytime I eyes meet......."

She was cut off by Luke placing his hand on hers, softly rubbing them. She looked to him and smiled,"Hey, no matter what darlin, we'll make it through, Ive been in tougher situations before."

Luke was a little reassured, but not quiet all the way. Lori began to sing again to ease her nerves.

When they arrived ALL eyes were on them, everyone asking questions and most likely already telling tales. That made Luke only wrap his arms around Lori tighter. Hogg was there as was her manager, she could see her band up there too, she wasn't booked tonight, sures to heck she shouldn't be! Luke looked to her and sighed,"Don't tell me,"

Lori nodded,"Apparently, Ey Ricky!!!!"

Rickey walked over, ricky was lori's manager. "What?"

Lori,"What are they doing here??"

She asked pointing to her band, Ricky counted down giving her her guitar,"Yer on!!"

Lori looked to Luke who ran his hand down the side of his face.

Lori stepped up on stage and smiled,"Howdy ya'll!"

Everyone clapped and hollered, she didn;t see Dixie or B.L anywhere, with their strange behavior, thank god.

She sung,"Up on a Hill, Rock and Roll of Love, Strawberry Wine, Learning to Love, Turn one of ud loose, and many more."

By the time she was done it was getting late and Lori's voice was going. She stepped off and went over to Luke and winced,"Im sorry honey, I didint think Theyd have me play tonight.."

Luke nodded and sighed taking her hand, he had a beer waiting on her there. She took it and sipped on it fer awhile and set it down laying her head on his shoulder.

It got later and they knew they'd best go and get Little luke, tomorrow was his first day of school. As they drove to her father's farm she could see that the lights was off. Lori cursed,"Sh--!!"

Luke looked to Her,"What sweetie?"

Lori looked around,"Be prepared, daddys' in the bed and its gonna be h---."

Luke swallowed hard, Lori got out walking to the steps, Lucille came to the door noticing the lights, "Hey Lucille, Weres the baby at?"

Lucille smiled as he was asleep on the couch, Lori walked in and picked him up quietly mouthing the words 'thank you' to Lucille, Lucille nodded going back to bed. Lori walked out Luke had the door open for her, She climbed in with Little Luke asleep in her arms, She looked over to Luke and smiled Luke looking to his son and then to Lori and smiled, kissing her lightly. They drove on to the Garage.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie meanwhile went to lay down and felt her bed feel empty, she just hoped her plan didnt back fire on her.

The rest of the Duke house was quiet as everyone had been asleep for a while all except Bo that is. He was wide awake wondering what was going to happen next. He just hoped that things turned out the way Dixie wanted them to with her plan he didn't want to see her hurt anymore and he wanted to still believe Luke had meant what he said about loving Dixie with all his heart. At least Bo thought everyone in the house was asleep but there was at least one other person awake and that was Jesse he to was pondering over all this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things were just as quiet at the Davenport house Cooter had come home and just relaxed enjoying his night off, the first he'd had in a while. BL and Konrad had went out to a movie but they had been back for a couple hours and had went to bed BL layed snuggling next to Konrad her head on his shoulder his arm around her but she wasn't sleeping either her mind kept going to Dixie's plan and she had to stifle the giggles everytime she thought of what the look on Luke's face must have been like when he got that $53 check to live on for two weeks.......

Lori had fallen asleep on Luke's arm on the way home. Little Luke still sound sleeping, had stirred a little. When they pulled in,Luke hated to wake Lori up, as she has had a rough day same as him. He gently nudged her,"Lor, darlin we're home."

Lori woke up a little and blinked her eyes into focus when she saw the garage she opened the door and rubbed her head, she had a headache from the show. Luke gently took Little Luke in his arms carrying him in. Lori followed in behind him going up the stairs, there was already two beds there, everything was set up, that had been lori's job as well. Luke walked in and tucked Little Luke in his bedroom. Kissing the top of his head. Lori walked in to her's and Luke's room, setting on the bed. She got up to change into a slip and had let her hair hang loose. Luke walked in and smiled wrapping his arms around Lori. she smiled rocking with him. He turned her loose long enough to take his clothes off, cept his boxers, and climbed in, he waited for Lori to come to bed beofre he threw the covers over him. Lori had never slept in the same bed all night without any intamacy going on.it seemed oddly strange to her, but she loved it. She climbed in and snuggled up to Luke laying her head on his shoulder instantly falling asleep, Luke swept her hair back from her eyes and kissed her forehead dozing off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning, their alarm clock had rang through the garage, Luke instantly getting up, Lori still laying in bed, graoning. Luke threw the covers off of her and smiled tickleing her alittle, it was pure heck trying to get her up. Lori jumped a little when she felt him tickle her and giggled, getting to her feet. It was an hour before the bus arrived in town to get the kids. Lori had dragged herslef up, Luke already dressed and in the little kitchen like area making coffe and setting their table with the breakfast he had made, Lori was abit shocked when she walked out of their room to see Luke cooking?? "Luke, honey ya alriht?"

Luke smiled,"Sure am, morning sunshine!"

Lori smiled, she thought to herself,"Is it eatable??"

She laughed to herself and walked in waking Little Luke up. No trouble there he was already up and ready, he bounded through his bedroom door and flew to the kitchen setting down smiling at his father. Lori saw him and scrathced her head,"How can ya'll be soo energetic of the mornings?"

Little Luke laughed and Luke chuckled to her softly. Lori walked over and laid her head down on the table, falling asleep again. The phoe rang as that had woke Lori up, they moved a phone upstairs sos itd be eaiser on them."Hello, Cooter's garage Lori speaking?"

"Yes he is, yes'sir."

Lori handed the phone to Luke,"Hello?"

"Yea im on my way."

Luke walked over to Little Luke and kissed him on top the head, he then walked over to Lori kissing her with apeck on the lips softly saying,"Good-bye, be back later, sweetheart."

Lori smiled watching him leave. The garage doors opened and her day would begin, seeing the bus she got Little Luke down and walked him out to road,"Have fun honey!"

Lori told little Luke giving him a kiss and sending him on his way.

Little Luke climbed on the bus, Cooter pulled up right in behind it pulling in."Why hello there Miss Davenport!"

Cooter chir[ed in Lori smiled,"Howdy cousin."

Cooter got out and looked to her,"No business?"

Lori shook her head,"Nope not yet."

~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back at the duke farm..............

Meanwhile back at the duke farm Dixie and Beth were trying to maintain some order trying to get Beth's five children and little Jesse all ready for the first day of school. Dixie suggested, "I want to take Jesse this morning. Let's take the pickup and we'll take them all to school."

Hearing this Bo, Jr. about fainted, "Can I ride the bus Dad, please?" Though it was in the same building he was starting Jr. High classes and didn't want to be seen with his Mother bringing him to school.

Bo raised his eyes in question to Beth who nodded her head 'yes'. Bo replied, "Yes, you can ride the bus, but remember that in a couple years when I tell you to ride the bus!"

Bo, Jr. threw up his hand and was gone before anyone changed their minds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being raised in Hazzard was a good thing. It meant that you could walk into the school you went and know all the teachers and where all the rooms were. Dixie walked into Mrs. Smith's room with Jesse. "Mrs. Smith how have you been?"

Mrs. Smith replied, "Good. Let me see now you are Dixie, ah, Davenport."

"Yes, Ma'am, well it use to be. It's Duke now and this is Jesse Duke." Dixie said proudly.

Mrs. Smith checked her roll, "Yes, I have him here. Wait a minute. I have two Jesse Dukes is that right or is he on the list twice?"

Dixie sighed. "It was going to be a bad day. This is Jesse Allen Duke. The other Jesse I suspect is my cousin's son, Jesse Lucas Duke."

Mrs. Smith pulled the enrollment sheets. "I show Jesse's parents as Dixie and Luke Duke RR 2, Hazzard. That's you two?"

Dixie said, "Yes."

Mrs. Smith continued, "I show the other Jesse's parents as Lori and Luke Duke RR1, Hazzard? Is that right? The other child has a father with the same name?"

Dixie thought, 'Here we go!' She felt she might as well explain it once and hopefully not have to explain it again, "Yes, Ma'am it's right. The other Jesse goes by Luke to help with soem of your confussion. His father does have the same name because my husband is both boys father."

Mrs. Smith who had to be a hundred, if she was a day, turned purple and Dixie thought for a minute that she'd stoped breathing. "Oh!, ...... I, ...... ah, ...... see....... ummm.........

It was at that moment that Beth walked in with Michaela. "Good morning Mrs. Smith. Michaela has waited all summer to be in you class."

Mrs. Smith looked very tired at that moment, "Michaela Duke, right?"

Beth gave her a strange look, "Yes, Ma'am. Michaela Duke."

Mrs. Smith pulled the card and stated, "Parents are Beth and Bo Duke RR 2, Hazzard." She let out a sigh of relief that she hadn't stuck her foot in her mouth again.

Little Luke however, was in the main back of class causing trouble. on the first day!! He picked up a paper wade and threw it a country mile across the room.

Mrs. Smith looked around,"Ohhh great, don't tell me, he's going to turn out like Lori did?"

Dixie laughed under her breath, she remembered the trouble Lori caused, still does. "Lukas!!! you stop that!! time out young man!!!!"

Little Luke looked around and laughed,"Awright then!!!"

He got up and went to a seat all by himself, laughing a little.

Dixie shook her head,"I think I'll leave the Dukes in yer hands now."

Mrs. Smith sighed,"Thanks!! a room full o' dukes!!"

Little Luke's time out ended soon and he went right back to causing trouble again.

~~~~~~~~~~~

At the garage, Lori had decided she'd help out with Cooter around there, working on cars. She'd stay and he'd drive the wrecker, when Luke got home he'd switch out with Cooter. Lori hummed alittle tune and cut herself with her knife as she was cutting wires loose. she cursed in under her breath, Cooter looking to her and asking her,"Didnt think that was part of the song?"

Lori shot him a look and continued working. The phone had rang and it was Luke, he'd called to tell Lori and Cooter both that'd he'd make it home beofre dark hopefully. Lori sighed she felt overwhelmed really and didn't know why. Her manager came by and returned the late loaner to Cooter who was peeved at him, Lori's manager looked to her,"Tomorrow you 've got naother show, bein it is friday and all."

Lori shook her head,"Don't I get no time off to spend time with my youngin or Luke?" "H--- not even enough time to write NEW material!?"

Her manager shook his head and told her no, a deal was a deal and she got her share of the money, it was a take it or leave it kind of thing, she knew they needed the money after the hairbrained stunt Dixie had pulled, so she nodded shooing him away. Cooter smiled really big and walked over leaning towards Lori,"Welcome to Reality Darlin'"

He had a smile walking off, Lori thought what it wouldn't do her much to pick up a wrench and co-**** him with it!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie drove home and told everyone how it went and the confusion already starting. She told them of the trouble Little Luke had gotten into already, they laughed, he sounded just like a Duke.

Cooter happened to be standing by the work bench when the phone rang. "Hazzard Garage."

Mrs. Smith was a bit surprised, again today, "Yes, Sir. I was looking for a Lori or Luke Duke."

Cooter corrected, "Ma'am if you are looking for Lori Davenport, it'll be just a second."

Mrs. Smith was now totally confused on these children's parents relationships. She was fast coming to the conclusion that she may not want to understand them.

Cooter called outside to where Lori was collecting money for gas, "Lori phone."

"Coming, " Lori said. When she picked up the phone she said, "Hello."

Mrs. Smith said, "Is this Jesse Lucas Duke's mother?"

"Yes it is. Is he alright?" Lori asked in concern.

"Yes, he's fine, but I need you to come to the school about thirty minutes before we let out. I'd like to talk to you about his behavior, or should I say lack of behavior." Mrs. Smith stated.

Lori sighed, "I'll be there."

Dixie,meantime was on her way to get Jesse from school.

30 Minutes later Luke pulled up as Lori was leaving. Luke looked to her and stopped her,"Were ya going?? Little Luke alright? not another show!"

Lori sighed,"No its his LACK of behavior, apparently hes a little trouble maker!!"

Luke gently laughed to her and walked to Midnight Rider with her getting in with her.

~~~~

When they arrived to the school Luke fot out, he was dreading this really, he wasnt good at handling things like that. When they walked in, Lori looked aroundnothing had changed, maybe a few names but definently not Mrs. Smith's. hehehe she gave her pure h--- when she was at that age.

When Luke and Lori walked in, Dixie was in there with Little Jesse. Luke........

Luke walked in with his arm around Lori.

Dixie looked up to see Luke and Lori come in.

Little Jesse ran to Luke wrapping his arms around Luke's leg, "Daddy! I knew you'd be home from work for my first day of school!"

Little Luke also saw Luke walk in and ran to Luke at the same time, yelling, "DADDY! I don't like it here. Can we go home now?"

Luke was looking just a bit uncomfortable as all the other parents were looking at him.

Dixie quietly said for only Luke to hear, "I told him you had to go to work."

Luke nodded, 'Ok'.

Luke bent down to try to get the boys to get quiet. "Ok, boys, before we do anything we have to talk to Mrs. Smith."

Jesse had to brag, "I've been good Daddy, but Luke keeps getting in trowable."

Mrs. Smith looked at Luke like he had two snakes around his legs instead of two children. "Luke Duke? Jesse Duke's....."

"Nephew." he finished.

"Ah, .... yes, ......" Mrs. Smith motioned for the adults to walk away from the children.

Dixie had by default been included into this conversation.

Mrs. Smith began, "Well, to say I am having a little trouble understanding your situation." she was looking dead at Luke, "Both these young men are?"

"Mine." Luke said without batting an eye but he saw the look the old school marm was giving him.

Mrs. Smith then looked to Dixie whom she had talked to earlier, "Your his wife?"

Dixie gave her a slight nod, 'yes'.

She then looked to Lori who was standing with Luke, "And your his, ...... ah."

Luke spoke up, "Mrs. Smith if you have any trouble and need any of us you can call either Uncle Jesse's or the Hazzard Garage. We'll be there or get the message."

Mrs. Smith ............

Mrs. Smith was thouroughly confused by now and just nodded at Luke's statement about where to reach all of them. The adults talked a few more minutes and then it was time to go Lori went over to little Luke and told him.

"C'mon sweetie we're going home now."

At the same time Dixie went to Little Jesse to tell him was time to go.....

Little Jesse resisted though,"No mommy, I want daddy!!!"

Little Jesse ran to Luke and tears ran down his face. Dixie stormed mad, not at Jesse but at Luke, her plan wasn't working quick enough, but she calmed down,"C'mon Jesse, daddy's gotta go back to work fer a while, but he'll come and visit."

Luke swallowed hard looking down to Little Jesse picking him up."Daddy promises I'll come by and se eya."

Luke gently kissed his son's tear streakened cheek. Little Jesse whispered in his ear,"I love you daddy."

That was enough to bring him to his knees crying,"Love ya too son."

Little Luke walked over to Luke and took hold of his pants leg and walked with him. Luke put his arm around Lori and walked out with her. Dixie sighed as Mrs. Smith got up and locked her door,"Im going home to were theres NO Dukes and NO confusion!!!"

Dixie laughed as Little Jesse watched his daddy get into the vehicle with his cousin Lori. Luke climbed in and propped his arm up on the door,"What did you do today exactly son?"

Little Luke hummed away,"Nothingggg......"

Lori laughed,"Yea uh huh, nothing alright."

Luke chuckled softly. They pulled out going ot the garage.

~~~~~~

Dixie pulled in at the farm and helped little jesse out, he was still depressed but looked forworad to seeing his daddy sometime.

~~~~~~~~

Back at the garage, Cooter looked to Little Luke who had bounced around and made his way up the back set of steps going to the top. Luke walked in as Cooter handed him the keys to the wrecker,"Got a call, I can't go, im getting ready to head to Atlanta to get some new inventory for the garage. Luke nodded, he was tired but did his job anyway. He kissed Lori he was bent over a car,"Ill fix supper here in a few mintues Luke, lemme get down with this..."

Luke nodded patting her back, getting in the wrecker and pulling out, once again. Cooter sighed,"Well I gotta go, see ya round cousin and take car of the place."

Loir waved her hand in th eair, she walked up to check on Little Luke who was in his room playing with his toys. Lori smiled walking back down to go to work on the car.

It took Luke longer to fish Rosco out of the pond than he figured.

Lori heard the wrecker backing in from where she was closing up the garage.

Luke unhooked the soaked patrol car and sloshed up the outside stairs. Hoping for a hot shower, a good meal and a little peace.

He opened the door to see little Luke playing with toys in the living room. "Luke where's Mommy?"

His son replied, "Downstairs."

Luke looked at his son and asked, "Do you always get to paly with toys when you've been in trouble?"

Little Luke looked at his father confused, and said, "Uh-huh."

Luke nodded, 'yes', and said, "Well, I was called to school today because you were not listening to the teacher and making the other kids laugh at you, so pick up your toys and you can set on the couch until I get a shower and dry clothes on. Then you can get your bath." Luke went to the bathroom expecting his son to mind him.

Lori came up and heard the shower going and stepped in the bathroom, "Want some company?"

"I'd love some, but I have something to deal with first. Maybe next time." Luke said. When he came out of the shower Little Luke was still playing with the toys.

Lori was ...........

Lori walked into the kitchen area and looked to Little Luke,"I thought yer daddy told you to put the toys away??"

Little Luke nodded and continued playing with his toys.

Lori rolled her eyes,"Well do it son, my lord don;t make us have'ta tell ya 100 times now."

Luke walked out with his jeans on and his boots, walking into their room finding a shirt. he pulled it on and walked out. Little luke was STILL playing with his toys in the floor. Luke sighed,"Jesse Lukas, I thought I told you to pu those away!"

Little Luke slung his toys and marched into his room, Luke saw red and went for him, Lori walked over and took Luke by the arm,"Belt....."

Luke nodded, itd kill him to do that, hurt him worser than it would Lukas.

Luke jerked his belt off his pants and walked into little lukes room,"Boy you see this belt, now next time you dont mind me or yer momma, yer gonna get it right cross yer bottom!"

Little Luke cried and buried his head in his pillow. Lori chuckled a little and walked back to the kitchen. When supper was finished, she called little luke into the table and Luke too, when they sat down lori ran back dowstairs Luke got up to see were she went to,"Ok well I thought we were gonna eat together?"

Lori sighed,"See this here patrol car has t; be fixed and quick, county property."

Luke sighed and went back to the table. Little Luke was still mad at them both, Luke had helped him go take a bath and got him into some play clothes, Luke gave his toys back to him and he wen tot his room.Lori trudged back upstairs tired and sweaty. She walked into the bathroom and turned on the water. Luke heard the water running and heard the plop of Lori;s wet clothes hit the floor, he got a grin on his face and..............

Luke went into the bathroom where Lori stood naked as a jay bird fixing to get into the shower.

"Want some company?" he asked even though he'd already had one shower.

Lori looked at him and smiled coyly getting in the shower crooking her finger in a come hither motion as her answer. It took Luke all of 3.5 seconds to strip and join her in the shower.......