The Dukes Of Hazzard 45th Anniversary January 26, 1979 - January 26 2024

Awesome. Thanks for the reminder Boss. I'm not sure which episode I saw first but I missed the opener. Everybody was talking about how good it was. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina going to USMC truck driving school and watched it in the rec room. Loved it right away. Had no idea 45 years later it would be such a big part of my life. No other TV show ever had this impact on me. In fact, nothing has except God, family friends and that sort of thing. 

45 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Awesome. Thanks for the reminder Boss. I'm not sure which episode I saw first but I missed the opener. Everybody was talking about how good it was. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina going to USMC truck driving school and watched it in the rec room. Loved it right away. Had no idea 45 years later it would be such a big part of my life. No other TV show ever had this impact on me. In fact, nothing has except God, family friends and that sort of thing. 

Thank you, Roger, for your time and service for our country. You are amazing. Uncle Jesse would be very proud of you.

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Anytime Roger!  Thanks for your service for our country.

I had a good friend of mine came to visit from north Carolina today. He is also a huge dukes fan and he has a general lee replica as well. I have a big projector screen I set up in the fall of last year and I got it inside my garage. The wife and kids got me a nice projector and some Bluetooth speakers for Christmas.  We set it up today and watched One Armed Bandits on the big screen.  It was pretty neat to watch the dukes on a big screen.  It was not so cold here today but I did have the heater going on low to warm up the shop to a comfortable temperature.  Good times for sure!!!

5 hours ago, floyd012010 said:

I had a good friend of mine came to visit from north Carolina today. He is also a huge dukes fan and he has a general lee replica as well. I have a big projector screen I set up in the fall of last year and I got it inside my garage. The wife and kids got me a nice projector and some Bluetooth speakers for Christmas.  We set it up today and watched One Armed Bandits on the big screen.  It was pretty neat to watch the dukes on a big screen.  It was not so cold here today but I did have the heater going on low to warm up the shop to a comfortable temperature.  Good times for sure!!!

Sweet! Gives me the idea to make a TV in my garage aswell :lol:

5 hours ago, Mr. Lee said:

Sweet! Gives me the idea to make a TV in my garage aswell :lol:

It's pretty cool, we set it up back in October and watched movies outside for most of the month of October and had a fire pit going and cooked out. We had a cheap projector and some computer speakers then. It worked good but I got a nicer projector and some big speakers for Christmas.  It's really nice now. With the wet and cold of the winter time I moved the screen to the inside of the garage. I put casters on the frame I built so it would roll in and out. It is neat to have your own little movie screen if you want to watch something on a big screen 

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm out of reactions but it sure is good to hear from you again Floyd and Lee. 

I check in from time to time. I just don't hang on my phone like I used to. I quit Facebook in 2020 and I quit tik tok in 2022 I think. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you limit your time on the net. 

14 hours ago, floyd012010 said:

I check in from time to time. I just don't hang on my phone like I used to. I quit Facebook in 2020 and I quit tik tok in 2022 I think. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you limit your time on the net. 

I'm out of emojs so right on!! Good to see you!

On 1/27/2024 at 4:16 AM, Boss JD Hogg said:

My wife and I watched One Armed Bandits this evening.  It's my favorite episode.

I ended up watching the first three episodes of Dukes just over a week ago, completely forgetting that the anniversary was coming. In my defense, the UK anniversary isn't until March!

50 minutes ago, HossC said:

I ended up watching the first three episodes of Dukes just over a week ago, completely forgetting that the anniversary was coming. In my defense, the UK anniversary isn't until March!

You had good timing.  What day is the UK anniversary?