Radio Control Dukes cars

Jim85IROC

8 minutes ago, Jim85IROC said:

I haven't made much progress on Rosco's car, but I did swap the cool white headlights for much better looking warm white lights.

52978097908_e8d3d012c0_z.jpg

On the side I've also been working on an interior for the Kyosho General.  I was lucky enough to find a really well made 3d model of a 69 Charger with a full interior.  After some tweaks to the files, I was able to print the dash, door panels, seats and rear package tray.  I printed the floor too, but quickly realized that I had to cut almost all of it away to fit over the chassis, so I wound up cutting the door panels and rear package tray so I could install a false floor that I made from a styrene sheet.  After that I printed partial seats to work with the false floor.

Overall I'm real happy with the interior, but after all of this I think when I get time I want to redo it with higher quality prints and a much lower floor for the front seat area.

52977773754_086a3de3a7_z.jpg

52977629186_7cd21dee9b_z.jpg

Here's the interior with the body off:

52977027077_795e36971e_z.jpg

I cut down a Traxxas body mount and installed it in the front chassis plate:

52977629351_45d44db02a_z.jpg

At the rear I am sitting some tan painted washers right on top of the body post mounts.  There are large holes in the package tray to fit over the body posts.  The body itself holds the rear of the interior down.

52977629351_45d44db02a_z.jpg

Next I need to cut out the windows on the orange car.  I used the gray one as my guinea pig to practice on.  I also want to design and print the roll bar for behind the front seats.

Looks good

Well, Roscoe's car is done(ish)!  I still need to paint and install Roscoe and I think I'm going to swap to the larger "sheriff" decals on the fenders and quarters, but otherwise,  it's done!

52991654172_1d7e993168_z.jpg

52992716233_a72609ff14_z.jpg

52991654027_236cddb80b_z.jpg

52992252451_753d9da12b_z.jpg

The windshield is thinner than I'd prefer, but it seems to look good.  Hopefully it holds up. 

52992252306_a7502fab35_z.jpg

I don't love the large wheels and low profile tires, but the center caps help sell it.  Down the road I may design wheels that use the VTA style tires.

52992622550_d430124342_z.jpg

A nice pair!

52992394654_a3d3a2a718_z.jpg

52992252131_20ccd2cc53_z.jpg

On 6/23/2023 at 7:32 PM, Hobie Hartkins said:

Looks Great! ( I wish I could do stuff like that!)

* I'll just have to settle for drinking  'shine out on the back 40!! :) 

And I'll testify that you are very skilled at it. In fact, I'll even say that you are outstanding in your field!

Edited by RogerDuke

11 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Hmm, I think you might be right that he does resemble Enos but you still have a million times more talent than me so I don't have the right to be critical. He's still a work of art and so is the car. Thanks for posting the pictures. 

+1 !! same here...I couldn't even approach that level of talent! It's amazing any way you look at it!

3 hours ago, Jim85IROC said:

The video is up for Rosco's car and it includes a fun car chase at the beginning of the video!

I've been a Dukes of Hazzard SuperFan for 44 years and can honestly say that the chase at the start of this video is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! I sure hope it gets a lot of exposure in places besides the HazzardNet and the stars of the show get to see it. Thank you so much for sharing it Jim. You are a true SuperFan. 

1 minute ago, RogerDuke said:

I've been a Dukes of Hazzard SuperFan for 44 years and can honestly say that the chase at the start of this video is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! I sure hope it gets a lot of exposure in places besides the HazzardNet and the stars of the show get to see it. Thank you so much for sharing it Jim. You are a true SuperFan. 

Thanks Roger!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 11:28 PM, RogerDuke said:

Let me repeat everything I wrote here and double it. This new video is absolutely incredible! Thank you so much. 

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Thanks for sharing all this amazing work.

I was wondering if you know were I can get/buy a template file from which I can print my own decals for General Lee. It is almost impossible to find them in Europe, and the ones you can find are always flawed.

Trying to get them sent from the USA becomes prohibitively expensive.

So, the option is to use some green stuff sheets and print my own.

Thanks,

D