Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Dukes of Hazzard Forums - HazzardNet.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meadowmufn

Administrator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Meadowmufn

  1. Question: Do you guys like the "Featured Posts" on the main forum page or do you think I should create a separate tab in the menu bar for popular posts? The reason I ask is that I don't want to clutter up the main forum page with 10+ featured threads. If I move it to a separate page and reachable via a tab on the menu bar, I can add a lot more featured threads for everybody's various projects. Or, I suppose I could create a menu item just for everyone's projects. Let me know what you guys think!
  2. This topic will include instructions on how to get around in the new forums. A lot of the functionality will remain the same, but there are some changes. Also, for those of you who have been exploring and would like to share what you've found, please chime in. Creating New Topics & Content There's a menu at the top right of the forum that says "+ Create". From there, you can select "Topic". Select the forum you want to put your topic in. A window will open up with an editor. Type in your message, add any files (with the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files" or "Insert other media" options at the bottom of the editor. You can also add other content like a personal status update or upload a gallery image. Replying to Posts At the bottom of every topic, there is a box to reply to a thread. Simply click in the box and an editor will open up. Click "Submit Reply" to post it. To quote, click on the Quote link at the bottom of the post you want to reply to. The quote will show up in the Reply box at the bottom of the page. You can also click the "+" button on multiple posts to multi-quote. View New Posts In the menu bar, hover over "Latest Posts & Activity" and click on "New Posts". There is also an option under "Latest Posts & Activity" called "My Activity Streams". At the bottom of that is a button that says "Create New Stream" where you can configure exactly the type of posts you want to see in that stream. PMs In the upper right of the forum, there is an icon that looks like an envelope. Click on that and you can see a list of your latest PMs (which you can click on to read), a button to compose a new message, or a link (at the bottom) to go to your inbox. PM functionality remains largely the same as before, but if you'd like me to elaborate on it for this guide, please let me know. To be continued...
  3. Where had you planned on posting that? I'll move it.
  4. Ok, fixed the group names to take off the "s". Roger, I'll be putting together a thread with instructions on some of the common features. I hope that'll help you out.
  5. I haven't quite figured out the Location issue yet. It's a problem with the template, but it's programmatic and not as simple as "oh, it says 'Location' right here in the template". I may have to contact Invision about that one. As for birthdays, I think that'll be an easier one to fix.
  6. I upgraded a few of you into Veterans tonight. If you've been here a few years and have a good number of posts under your belt, PM me and I'll upgrade you too. If you're a newbie, stick around, you'll get there. "Boss, I can't just go 'Poof! You're a veteran.'" "Go 'Poof!' or you're fired!" "Poof! You're a veteran!"
  7. We used to have an app for iPhones, but we discontinued it and just moved to responsive themes so the site would display ok on mobile devices.
  8. Annnnnd... I just figured out how to get back our square avatars.
  9. Ok, Hoss, I fixed the colors on quotes, the "Edited" text, and the ipsType_SectionHead. The "Edited" text CSS is also used for signatures, so I didn't want to make it too light. Let me know what you think.
  10. Just discovered another neat feature. There can be a separate header on each forum. I just may experiment with this. Check it out: http://hazzardnet.com/forums/forum/19-james-best-rosco-p-coltrane/
  11. Cool! Yeah, there are a few neat new features. For example, I get an email now when there's anything that needs to be moderated. That'll help get me back here more often.
  12. Meadowmufn replied to HossC's topic in Music
    We just wanna give gratitude yeah Got plenty love we wanna give to you yeah With feel good music we're tryin' to say Thank the good Lord's gonna make a way Gratitude - Earth, Wind & Fire
  13. Should I change the name of this thread to take out the year, so it can be used every year for the Fantasy Racing? Might be kind of cumbersome to have a new thread every year and confusing to have a current thread with 2014 in the title. Thoughts?
  14. Ok, let's see what I did tonight... 1) New posts are under "Latest Posts & Activity" in the menu bar. You can look at just the new unread content (New Posts) or a list of all the latest activity in descending chronological order ("All Activity"). If you have any suggestions for improvements here, please let me know. 2) Not sure how to change the circular avatar. That might be something that's unfixable, but I'll look into it. 3) We'll see if people like the larger videos. If not, I'll tweak it to a smaller size. 4) That's left over BBCode. I'll have to manually go in and fix the sig. I'll fix it when I see it, but if any of you see instances of this, please let me know. 5) Done. Easy template fix. 6) That "missing image" thing on the profile page is actually the button to upload a profile pic. Not real intuitive, is it? If I can find a better one, I'll try to replace it. 7) Fixed the quote colors. If you have a better color combo suggestion, let me know. 8) Still working on the warning points colors. I'm not seeing them, probably because I'm an admin. I'll have to set up a test account. 9) I have no idea what that white circle is. Another thing I'll have to research. 10) Unbolded the "Edited" message. If you'd like me to tweak it some more, let me know. 11) Rare and Behind the Scenes photos is already in the featured topics on the main forum page. I've added the Hazzard Garage and Jaak's 1968 General Lee Project. I'm going to limit the featured topics to 10 so as to not take up too much room. There are still some various color issues I'm working on. If you spot any more, please post here and include screenshots if you can.
  15. I've noticed a few of the color issues myself today. It's also white on white for the login form too. I will be fixing as many of these as I can tonight, with the invisible/hard to read text getting priority, followed by making the newest posts more visible/findable. The good news is that, so far, this software is easier to tweak the look than vbulletin. Thanks for all the input so far, guys. I appreciate it and hope together we can make HazzardNet even better. Aside from the forum update, I have a few other things in the works and should be announcing them soon.
  16. Oh, and they released a NEW update last night. LOL. Ugh. Hoss, I deliberately left the sidebar off of topics specifically so the huge images in some of our best topics would fully display. I may be able to change the video size, probably another template fix.
  17. Oh, it figures... I go through all this just to find they've taken away the preview button and customers are upset about it. I'll check for a plugin on that. It's supposed to be a WYSIWYG editor (no more bbcode needed), but in some cases the preview doesn't match what's in the editor. *sigh* The line between post and signature should (keyword "should") be a simple template update. I'll look into it (and the other points you mentioned) tonight after work. I'll also update the menu to make it easier to find new content.
  18. Rosalinda's Eyes - Billy Joel I've got a chance to make it It's time for me to take it And I'll return before the fire dies In Rosalinda's eyes
  19. Meadowmufn replied to HossC's topic in Music
    I was just listening to this yesterday. LOL.
  20. Also, if there are any topics you would like to nominate for Featured Posts to put at the top of the forums on the main page, please post a link here.
  21. *GASP!!* After a long, long time and many many weeks worth of backing up, installing, uninstalling, uploading, deleting, and trying several different new versions of the software, I THINK this one worked. I think this might just be a miracle. LOL. So, now that the forums are upgraded, I would like for all of you to notify me of any color weirdness (i.e. white text on white background, hard to read text, etc). You can post about it here in this thread and if possible, please include a screenshot. Also, if you run across any bugs, let me know. Posting images worked fine for me, but I know some of you had issues with that in the past. And I don't know about you, but I'm ecstatic for the HNet forums to be back to the dark color scheme. Feels like home.
  22. The entire site is about 6-7GB, so the forum is definitely the biggest part of the site.
  23. Between the software files, the image uploads, and the database, it runs about 3-4GB.
  24. I am creating a new membership group for veteran members that will allow them special privileges, such as being able to upload larger images, adding attachments to PMs, and extending the window for editing posts to 60 minutes instead of just 10 minutes. To join this group, you will have to meet certain criteria, such as being a member for over 2 years or having more than 100 posts. In addition, you must request to join the group. It will not be automatic. I will post more information as I get ready to roll this feature out. So, veteran members of HazzardNet, are there any other perks you would like that I may be able to add to the Veteran member group? -Mufn

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.