Skipper Duke

A post by a friend of mine over on Facebook...

If you could have been any character in Christine. Who would you had picked to be. I would say my character was Arnie. Cause I was an outcast and nobody ever liked me much and I never had any many friends growing up or in school. And I got laughed at a lot just for sometimes being who i am. And wish more than anything I could have had a car like Christine to make these people who hurt me understand. Life is a Test. And if you f*** it up. You fail and there’s no way around it. But I never wanted the movie Christine to be a bad influence on anyone. Not even myself. So I would never put that movie past myself. And my problems. But I can say I been hurt in my life. By friends and by family that I wish I could get revenge on and hurt. But would it really be worth it? Just cause I had a possessed car that took my life over. And gave me the courage to stand up and be who I really needed to be. and had the power to do so. Or do you feel it would be better to let Karma come along to where they never had met me. Or my possessed car. Cause they died. And I lived. But they died from a reason. A reason of being just plain mean or crazy. Why does anybody wanna hurt someone else. I always ask myself. Sometimes you can hurt somebody so bad. It’ll change ya whole life. Hurt them to where you wish you had that once chance to set it straight. One chance to change it. But you don't get that chance. Around someone who wants the best for you. And would make sure nobody harmed you ever again. No matter where you stood. And it’s easy to find somebody like that. Maybe the best place to start. Is finding her. Finding the most beautiful thing that was ever placed in your life. And that beautiful person who was looking for you. Way before you looked for them. That person named 

CHRISTINE

Christine fans... You remember the trick Christine pulled on Dennis Guilder in the book in Roland D. LeBay's garage? When Dennis sat in there. It made him see a vision of a brand new car. I think it pulled the same trick on Will Darnell in the movie. When Darnell opens it and sits in it, I don't think he saw what we saw. If he saw a burned out interior, why would he sit down in it? I think it tricked him and he saw it in prestine condition. Like it done to Dennis in that Roland garage scene in the book.

About that Christine scene in the high school Auto Shop class when Malcolm Danare(Moochie Welch)grabbed and squeezed John Stockwell(Dennis Guilder's) testes My friend Morgan Rhea says "Why couldn't John Stockwell have let his d*** be squeezed and take some pain?" She thinks wearing a cup was stupid. I told her "They have to protect the actors. He had the look of pain, that's what Andy Griffith would call "The actor of the man."

In the book, as children, Roland D. LeBay snuck out of the house one night and set a bully's house on fire. Killing him and the parents. The bully's sister was seriously burned. It was said to have been the kitchen stove. But when Rollie snuck back in the window of his and George's room when he got back home. He smelled like gasoline. He said "Georgie, if you tell, I'll kill you!"