Hi all....-

jaak

Hi all, new member here, thought I'd introduce myself in my first post. I've been lurking here the past few days reading some threads on here.

My name is Jason, I live in Alabama, and I'm 37 years old. So I was around when the Dukes was still airing new on Friday nights! I have always been a fan of the show, and I love cars too. In fact due my childhood memories of the dukes, I fixed up a 69 charger RT for my first project. I finished it about 2 years ago. Its go green with black interior, top and stripe. I will post pics later when I'm on my computer (I'm on my tablet right now). A year ago I was searching for another project car, was wanting a 68 Barracuda, it couldn't find one, but stumbled across another charger so I bought it. I have 3 kids, the youngest is a 5 year old son who is crazy about the dukes. Me and him watch it all the time on DVD. Well long story short, because of his enthusiasm, I plan on building a General Lee clone out of the other charger. I plan on making a thread and sharing pics of that build. Nice to meet you guys.

Jason

Thanks Guys.

Roth Potter, your thread with the rare pics is AWESOME! I spent hours looking at it, and still haven't seen every page yet.

As promised, here is my 69 Charger R/T. It is a real R/T, but it is not numbers matching. That is why I painted it the way I wanted to. It is FJ6 Go Green/Sassy Grass (1971-72 color) it has a '68 440 engine, 727 auto trans, and an 8.75 rear with 3.23 gears (sure grip).

I built this car myself in my garage, I have owned it for about 15 years, but really started the resto in 2008. Up until then I just disassemble stuff, bought parts (when I had extra $$$), and restored individual components (grille, console, dash, etc.) It was put together using 2 cars, this car was a solid shell, then I had a rusty parts car for all the trim, glass, interior, etc.

DSC_0843.jpg

Here is a pic of the same car taken in 2005...

Picture1128-1.jpg

If you want to see more pics of this car during the build, here is a link to my thread on DC.com....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,78694.0.html

Jason

Thanks Jason.. I appreciate it. :D

Your Charger looks very nice, though personally I would have build a General Lee. :p

I will certainly take a look at your thread on the Charger website as Beside General Lee's I also have a big passion for other 68/69 Chargers.

The furthest I have come of Getting my hand on a Charger is seeing on for the first time in an English museum, still is the best day of my life.

And now a couple of pics of the future "General". Like I said, I stumbled across this car, it was pretty solid (had to replace floor pans, and trunk floor), and it was a good price. So I drug it home to begin my General Lee project. As of right now it is ready for body work, I have install new floors, replaced the tail panel, removed the 318 and trans, and have been collecting parts needed. It will probably be spring before I start back on it. I don't get in a big hurry I got to do as time and cash allows, but I'm on pace to finish this one a lot quicker than I did the 69. I will start a thread with pics/descriptions of what I've done to it so far.

as bought...

IMG_0153_zps1e2a85ef.jpg

IMG_0141_zps8a2b65c0.jpg

as it sits right now (sorta looks like the car in 'Happy Birthday General Lee')....

IMG_1007_zps46afa118.jpg

IMG_0985_zps2b01c495.jpg

Jason

I can't help bu to say I'm jealous you have two Chargers while I have none. :-?

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the car. So far it looks like it's been going very good if I ignore the dust on the car. :wink:

The tail panel cutting is real craftsmanship. :D

Now you Don't need the 68 tail panel, could I have it? :-P

One more pic I wanted to share in my intro post.

Back last June, there was a Hazzard fan fair in Nashville. I woke my son up that morning and took him, but didn't tell him where we was going. We had a BLAST! The only thing I didn't like was how they had it set up to meet cast members, it was in an old shopping center, and it was all connected, but they divided it up where you had to get in seperate lines to meet the different actors. We only had time to wait in line to meet one, so I let my son choose. He wanted to meet Tom Wopat. So we stood in line, my son got to meet him, get his autograph and had our pic made with him.

101_2251_zps8573d52a.jpg

Jason

Great work, Jason. Those High Impact Mopar colors really look good on Chargers, and the '68-69 conversion is going well.

I think I'd have been tempted to turn the black '68 into a Bullitt replica, but then I'd have to buy another Charger to become a General Lee :). For now I'll have to make do with owning both as diecasts.

Finally got my new computer up and going....thought I'd share a couple of more car pics.

Here is an engine pic of the 440 in my 69 R/T.....

102_1351.jpg

Here is an interior pic of the R/T....

104_1366.jpg

I don't have this car anymore, I sold it to finish up my 69. It is a 73 Rallye Charger, it had a 360 with a Pistol Grip 4 Speed. This car was awesome, I got a screaming deal on it, installed new interior, replaced the clutch, painted the engine and engine bay. All this car needed was a fresh coat of paint. When I sold it I almost doubled what I had in it, so that help with the funds to finish the 69.

DSC_1253.jpg

103_3556.jpg

Jason

• 1 month later...

jaak hello , welcome to HazzardNet , this is a great group of friends with no boundaries, at least that's how I felt when I introduced a few years ago.

for a period not to forum entrè personal problems , and now I find his great project , tube curious to know where you were ? , because with some effort managed to dodge charger and 2 in your life.

Here in Argentina there are unfortunately no luck finding same chargers , March 68 only entered the country and they are saved as great treasures they really are .

there are currently for sale a beautiful 1978 plymouth fury with 318cid and TorqueFlite U $ s 4500, to patrol car rosco p coltrane , but I have not the money.

Reading your presentation and know that Alabama is , I noticed that in your country if you have some money you can have your own dodge charger .

I've read all of your post as transforms into a magnificent charger 68 charger 1969 , and follow him closely.

I accompany their effort and sacrifice from here in my country so far from home, all will be rewarded in the near future and highly enjoyed by you and your 5 years old.

Do you have any general lee model especially to follow in its restoration ? , I mean as lee1 , or episodes of series , or film of 2005 ?

thank you very much for sharing your story with us, big hug from Argentina .

jaak hello , welcome to HazzardNet , this is a great group of friends with no boundaries, at least that's how I felt when I introduced a few years ago.

for a period not to forum entrè personal problems , and now I find his great project , tube curious to know where you were ? , because with some effort managed to dodge charger and 2 in your life.

Here in Argentina there are unfortunately no luck finding same chargers , March 68 only entered the country and they are saved as great treasures they really are .

there are currently for sale a beautiful 1978 plymouth fury with 318cid and TorqueFlite U $ s 4500, to patrol car rosco p coltrane , but I have not the money.

Reading your presentation and know that Alabama is , I noticed that in your country if you have some money you can have your own dodge charger .

I've read all of your post as transforms into a magnificent charger 68 charger 1969 , and follow him closely.

I accompany their effort and sacrifice from here in my country so far from home, all will be rewarded in the near future and highly enjoyed by you and your 5 years old.

Do you have any general lee model especially to follow in its restoration ? , I mean as lee1 , or episodes of series , or film of 2005 ?

thank you very much for sharing your story with us, big hug from Argentina .

Hi, thanks for the kind words!

There is not a specific model I am modeling it after... I just want it to look similar to an earlier series car (seasons 1-3).

I actually thought about replicating Lee4, It was the first 68 Charger used in the series, It was used a lot in the episode "Daisy's Song" (It was also the car with the '01' High up on the doors), but I had already done a couple of things different, and I would probably always have to explain why the numbers were so high up on the doors.

Jason