One Armed Bandits Chat-Along

Meadowmufn

Would anybody be interested in meeting in the chat room on Saturday, November 2nd, with our DVDs ready to go for a viewing of One Armed Bandits? If so, what time works best for you? I was thinking 5 or 6 pm eastern, which would make it 10 or 11 pm for our UK friends.

What about your friends in Ireland? OK, we're on the same time zone as the UK, so that time's alright for me. Don't forget other European members like Roth and i1976 - they're in countries on Central European Time ie. 5 or 6 ET is 11 or 12 CET.

:previous:

Yes Roger, it is a bit late for us "folks across from the Hazzard Pond". 8 PM Central is 2 AM here. I'd say that up to 6 PM Central would be OK for me at the weekend, but we may have to accept that we can't include everyone during the week. Maybe those of us in Europe could have a matinée showing a few hours earlier :).

:previous:

Yes Roger, it is a bit late for us "folks across from the Hazzard Pond". 8 PM Central is 2 AM here. I'd say that up to 6 PM Central would be OK for me at the weekend, but we may have to accept that we can't include everyone during the week. Maybe those of us in Europe could have a matinée showing a few hours earlier :).

Yeah, in the middle of the week is hard to set up a time good for everybody. Weekends are a bit more flexible. That's a good idea about separate showings. Hoss, you wanna host a UK chat along at a good time for the UK/Europe folks and we'll have one following in a few hours here in the western hemisphere?

Yeah, in the middle of the week is hard to set up a time good for everybody. Weekends are a bit more flexible. That's a good idea about separate showings. Hoss, you wanna host a UK chat along at a good time for the UK/Europe folks and we'll have one following in a few hours here in the western hemisphere?

Even though I'm not in the UK, I can host it ;). There's myself and CDoherty here in Ireland, Roth over in the Netherlands, and i1976 in Italy. I'm trying to think if there are any other current regular members in these parts.

For the record, here's the different names for the islands where I live, depending on which countries are included. I'm sure many people who live here aren't definite about these terms :).

British-Isles-UK-and-GB-2.gif

And as I've just discovered, technically, if you lose the ‘Great,’ Britain only refers to England and Wales. Scotland will be voting on independence next year.

LOL. Sorry, I keep forgetting you're in Ireland. I know a lot of folks in the UK and do chats for other shows with them, so I tend to get stuck on "UK time". :) I guess if I start using "British Isles", I'll be safe. LOL.

I had the same trouble with a seller on Ebay. I told him I couldn't bid on an item because it said US only, so he added UK. Finally he added Europe and said "you're in that, right?".

I used to work in Greenwich (as in Greenwich Mean Time), and the meridian line was just down the road - it's actually marked in some places!

Well, even if I could get one other person on Oct 30 it would still be fun. Since there's no chance of getting a lot of people at one time, especially on weekdays I guess we just have to accept that this thing is going to be limited.

Since this episode chat idea thing is such a blast I'd like to do as many as I can. In the meantime I'm still excited about Meadowmufn's original post here.

Well, even if I could get one other person on Oct 30 it would still be fun. Since there's no chance of getting a lot of people at one time, especially on weekdays I guess we just have to accept that this thing is going to be limited.

Since this episode chat idea thing is such a blast I'd like to do as many as I can. In the meantime I'm still excited about Meadowmufn's original post here.

I would like to make it a regular thing, at least monthly to start and if we get enough interest, maybe weekly on the weekends. It's been a while since I watched my dvds (I know, I know... for shame. LOL), so it'll be fun. :)

So, who can join me on October 30th for a Halloween party while we chat and watch "The Hazzardville Horror" at the same time?

What do we think of 6:00 Eastern Standard Time?

If nobody from the eastern end of Hazzard Pond can join us we could change it to 9:00 Eastern Time or we could have one at 5 and one at 9.

I would appreciate that Supreme Commander! I'm also sorry and do apologize to the citizens of Hazzard who are in other countries! I forgot about the time difference! ( And here I am a direct descendant from County Down, Northern Ireland!...oh! The shame of it all!!)

My ancestors are from County Cork, so I have no excuse either. LOL.

My ancestors are from County Cork, so I have no excuse either. LOL.

In case folks don't know their Irish counties, County Down is in Northern Ireland, so it's part of the UK (although not Great Britain). County Cork is in the south-west on the Irish Republic (aka. Southern Ireland/Eire).

Just for you, Mufn:

CoCorkSign.jpg

"Fáilte go Co. Chorcaí" is "Welcome to Co. Cork" in Irish.

In case folks don't know their Irish counties, County Down is in Northern Ireland, so it's part of the UK (although not Great Britain). County Cork is in the south-west on the Irish Republic (aka. Southern Ireland/Eire).

Just for you, Mufn:

CoCorkSign.jpg

"Fáilte go Co. Chorcaí" is "Welcome to Co. Cork" in Irish.

I don't know any Irish and I only know a tiny bit of Scottish Gaelic, so I'll just say "Tapadh leat". "Thank you!" I've always wanted to visit there and Ayrshire, Scotland to do some genealogical research and see where my ancestors lived.