Go chicago bears :)

Garrett Duke

I gotta give a cheer for my Seahawks! And congrats to the 12th man for breaking the record for loudest stadium/crowd.

I saw a little bit of the storm delay from the game vs SF. Are you sure the noise wasn't from thunder?

Seriously though, they say defense wins championships. If that old slogan holds up the Seahawks are the top contender in the NFL.

Garrett, I gotta admit, I'm a little nervous about your Bears coming to town. There's a chance the Steelers may have Leveon Bell in the game though. He's the rookie running back from Michigan State who has been hurt. Hopefully that could be a spark for them.

I saw a little bit of the storm delay from the game vs SF. Are you sure the noise wasn't from thunder?

Seriously though, they say defense wins championships. If that old slogan holds up the Seahawks are the top contender in the NFL.

Garrett, I gotta admit, I'm a little nervous about your Bears coming to town. There's a chance the Steelers may have Leveon Bell in the game though. He's the rookie running back from Michigan State who has been hurt. Hopefully that could be a spark for them.

Well Roger...you may have a lot of faith in your recently healed rookie running back, but perhaps you should be worried. Look at what Lance Briggs, Bears player, wrote on Facebook today:

Lance Briggs

#Pittsburgh here we come.

Looks like the Bears are ready to take on your Steelers...are your Steelers ready? ;)

Um, well I kinda think so. Well, I'm not really sure. I hope we are. I'm just a little nervous. I mean a lot of things could go wrong. A lot of things.

(do you get the sense that my confidence level isn't too high?)

Yeah I kinda had a feeling that you aren't the most confident to go against a team that is currently 2-0 right now. Doubt this will help ya any, but I read on Facebook "Only five players on the current 53-man Bears roster were on the team the last time the Bears visited Pittsburgh in 2005: Briggs, Garza, Gould, Mannelly, and Tillman."

See Roger...how many new faces you will get to see on Sunday night? :D Including our great quarterback JAY CUTLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or Defensive end...JULIUS PEPPERS!!!! Just to name a couple of them. Not to scare you any more than you are...

But as Chris Meyers from NASCAR on FOX would say...I only kid 'cause I care. Should be a great matchup...just personally hope when I wake up on Monday morning the Bears will be 3-0. ;) HA...May the best team win!

Woo hoo. Always nice to have MM on my side. :)

Though the Bears have slowed down since the first quarter...need to step it up!

Well it looks like I shoulda made that bet with Roger. ;) Ah well...perhaps the Bears earned a new fan after today. Is that possible, Roger? LOL. For you, I am sorry your Steelers lost today. Though was very happy to see the Bears go 3-0 today.

What you think of Howie Long's son, Kyle, playing for the Bears? He is a rookie this year...looks great so far.

Hopefully your Steelers will win in New Englad next week...

Congratulations on your win Garrett.

I've been asking folks here in Pennsylvania which number is going to be bigger, the number of wins the Steelers get or the number of playoff wins the Pirates get. A few folks think both numbers are going to be zero but I have hope for my Pirates (even though your Cubs just scored in the 8th and tied it at 1-1 as I type this.)

When are the Bears going to play the Seahawks? Garrett and MM are really going to be fighting then. LOL

Congratulations on your win Garrett.

I've been asking folks here in Pennsylvania which number is going to be bigger, the number of wins the Steelers get or the number of playoff wins the Pirates get. A few folks think both numbers are going to be zero but I have hope for my Pirates (even though your Cubs just scored in the 8th and tied it at 1-1 as I type this.)

When are the Bears going to play the Seahawks? Garrett and MM are really going to be fighting then. LOL

Thanks Roger for the congrats. I stayed up late to watch the game and it was well worth it...though Bears player Henry Melton tore his ACL in the game. Is out for the REST of the season! Doctors say he won't be completely healed until next May or June. I am very happy about the win...and very upset about the loss of Melton. Melton missed most of pre season with a concussion...and now this?! Well at least he isn't one of the Bear's main players, but still not happy that he got hurt.

Congrats Roger on your Pirates going to the playoffs...I hope they go all the way for you. May you beat those nasty red birds...HA HA. The Cubs beat your Pirates today on their last home game. Making me one sad fan. Well happy with the win, but sad that they won't be at Wrigley for another SEVERAL months. Really hate the off season! (I know, I know, baseball isn't over until the world series, right? Well wrong. For me, my baseball season starts and ends with the Cubs. I may have a team that I want to win, but that is as far as it goes. Perhaps one of these years my season will end in October instead of September...hey what am I talking about?! NEXT YEAR IS THEIR YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! :-P )

As fas my Bears playing MM's Seahawks...just looked at the Bears' schedule. Looks like the Seahawks were too scared to play the Bears this season...HA HA. (Sorry MM. Please don't delete me...had to say it!)

I may not be a Pirates fan, but I do know who Jason Kendall is...that is awesome you went to school with him, MM. You didn't by chance get me his autograph in between classes, did you? ;)

Sorry to hear that Garrett.

I didn't know that was a season ending injury.

I always hate to see players get hurt no matter who they are or what team they're on. Hopefully his back up is a good player.

That's pretty cool about Jason Kendall MM and thanks for rooting for the Pirates. After they win the World Series they won't be the underdog anymore so I suppose your support won't last.

Sorry to hear that Garrett.

I didn't know that was a season ending injury.

I always hate to see players get hurt no matter who they are or what team they're on. Hopefully his back up is a good player.

That's pretty cool about Jason Kendall MM and thanks for rooting for the Pirates. After they win the World Series they won't be the underdog anymore so I suppose your support won't last.

Thanks Roger.

I didn't think it would be either...saw him get taken off the the field on the go cart or whatever they used and was upset to see him injured but didn't think anything like this. Hate to see him hurt and finished for the season. Yeah I hope his back up is good too...don't know much about him.

If it helps, Roger, I will be hoping your Pirates win the whole thing too. Pretty cool if the under dog team can do it. After all, if the Pirates can do it this year, then the Cubs can do it next year. ;)

Did you see Joe Staley get injured in the SF vs StL game tonight? That was scary. When I was in high school, one of our players broke his neck and was paralyzed during a game. That was quite a shock. I always think about that when I see a serious injury on the field and I'm relieved when it doesn't turn out as bad as it looks. So glad Joe got off the field on his own power. Too bad about Melton, though, Garrett.

Btw, Jason Kendall was also the quarterback of our football team.

Did you see Joe Staley get injured in the SF vs StL game tonight? That was scary. When I was in high school, one of our players broke his neck and was paralyzed during a game. That was quite a shock. I always think about that when I see a serious injury on the field and I'm relieved when it doesn't turn out as bad as it looks. So glad Joe got off the field on his own power. Too bad about Melton, though, Garrett.

Btw, Jason Kendall was also the quarterback of our football team.

No I didn't see Staley got hurt...hopefully he is OK. Some of those accidents on the field are real scary. Glad he was able to walk off on his own. What a scary story you told...so young to be injured so badly like that. I bet that was a shock for everyone.

Yeah it is too bad about Melton...but compared to your story, it could be worse. :( It is only a torn ACL. He will be missed on the field that is for sure.

Didn't know that about Kendall. Must be quite the athlete.

I'm less than an hour from Brocton New York. It made national news earlier in the week because one of their high school players died after being hit in the head at a football game. He was 16.

The school board voted unanamousely to cancel the season after talking to the team members, coaches and parents. The board has received criticism on national social media sites but I say those critics should shut up and let Brocton do what Brocton wants to do.

I'm less than an hour from Brocton New York. It made national news earlier in the week because one of their high school players died after being hit in the head at a football game. He was 16.

The school board voted unanamousely to cancel the season after talking to the team members, coaches and parents. The board has received criticism on national social media sites but I say those critics should shut up and let Brocton do what Brocton wants to do.

Wow...what incredibly sad news, Roger. :( Can't imagine being on that team or his family...it is suppose to be for fun. :(

That's sad. That's probably not what I would have done, but I can't blame them for canceling the season. If it were up to me, I would have dedicated the season to that player and had some sort of tribute for him.

That's a point that a lot of people were making. I live in Pennsylvania and this team is in New York so their league doesn't get any coverage on the TV stations in Erie Pa.

I'm wondering if the team is bad. Maybe dedicating a winless season to someone would seem disrespectful. I'm not sure if that is the case or not. I'm just speculating. Either that or the players just felt too depressed to play. Maybe they were just scared. I know if I just watched my teammate die I'd be scared regardless that the odds were several millions to one that it could happen to me.

Either way it's tragic. My best friend was killed in the late 70s when he was just 16 in a car accident one mile from my house. He was also my cousin. It's not something they'll ever heal from and I have to admit my eyes are watering up a little right now just thinking about it.

Sorry Garrett, let's get back to the more cheerful subject of the Chicago Bears. (although I wasn't too cheerful when they beat my Steelers)

That's a point that a lot of people were making. I live in Pennsylvania and this team is in New York so their league doesn't get any coverage on the TV stations in Erie Pa.

I'm wondering if the team is bad. Maybe dedicating a winless season to someone would seem disrespectful. I'm not sure if that is the case or not. I'm just speculating. Either that or the players just felt too depressed to play. Maybe they were just scared. I know if I just watched my teammate die I'd be scared regardless that the odds were several millions to one that it could happen to me.

Either way it's tragic. My best friend was killed in the late 70s when he was just 16 in a car accident one mile from my house. He was also my cousin. It's not something they'll ever heal from and I have to admit my eyes are watering up a little right now just thinking about it.

Sorry Garrett, let's get back to the more cheerful subject of the Chicago Bears. (although I wasn't too cheerful when they beat my Steelers)

Wow Roger first the depressing story about the young football playering being killed on the field and now your cousin/friend. :cry: :cry: :cry: Just so horrific on both accounts. Sorry you had to go through that Roger with your cousin. Just so hard. Especially when it happened so close to your home like that. I can't even begin to imagine. So very sorry, Roger.

Yeah I never knew a football thread about the Chicago Bears could turn so depressing like this...I thought last week's Bears' game was pretty awesome, Roger. Though I agree, I wasn't very cheerful when I saw Henry Melton being taken off the field like that. Glad to hear you were that concerned for him. :) Bears play the Lions today...of who they are tied to in their devision. And after hearing the Lions say how much they hate the Bears...well I hope the Bears will run all over them today. (Not literally...) Plus a Packers fan at work has said he will be going for the Lions...just another more reason why I want the Bears to WIN BIG today. BTW Roger and MM the Steelers and SeaHawks can win big too today. :)

Bears vs Lions huh? That sounds like a good game. l'll be rooting for Chicago!

The Steelers are playing the Vikings in London England. Neither team has won a game yet. The Steelers finally have their promising rookie running back in the game. LeVeon Bell was drafted out of Michigan State and has been injured since pre-season.

But the big game everybody is talking about is Garrett vs Roger in the big-time fantasy league. We only play twice all year so this is a big deal. Of course if I beat you in the playoffs we'll face each other 3 times which means I'll be 3-0 vs you just like your Bears are 3-0 against their opponents.

Go Steelers!

Go Bears!

Go RogerDuke!

BTW Garrett. I lead Green Monsters in our baseball league 10-2 and today's the last day of the championship. It's too bad I'm not doing as well in our fantasy NASCAR league.

The Steelers are playing the Vikings in London England.

They're playing at Wembley Stadium, which is normally used for soccer finals. It's only about 20 miles from where I grew up, but despite passing it on the train every time I went to London, I've never actually been to the stadium. Apparently, the match has been sold out for quite a while - Gene Simmons from Kiss was on TV this morning talking about it. Seeing as the match is being shown here live, I may watch some of it.

There was talk of an NFL match being played in Ireland, but they lost out to London. Instead, Croke Park (the Gaelic sports stadium in Dublin) will host a college football match next year - more details here.

Bears vs Lions huh? That sounds like a good game. l'll be rooting for Chicago!

The Steelers are playing the Vikings in London England. Neither team has won a game yet. The Steelers finally have their promising rookie running back in the game. LeVeon Bell was drafted out of Michigan State and has been injured since pre-season.

But the big game everybody is talking about is Garrett vs Roger in the big-time fantasy league. We only play twice all year so this is a big deal. Of course if I beat you in the playoffs we'll face each other 3 times which means I'll be 3-0 vs you just like your Bears are 3-0 against their opponents.

Go Steelers!

Go Bears!

Go RogerDuke!

BTW Garrett. I lead Green Monsters in our baseball league 10-2 and today's the last day of the championship. It's too bad I'm not doing as well in our fantasy NASCAR league.

Hope your Steelers will beat the Vikings. :)

But as for our matchup...I have been looking forward to beating you a long time! :D

Good luck in your baseball match up. Did horrible once again in all three of my leagues. So sad today is the end of the regular season. :(