NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

Just a warning: Occasionally I have predictions that don't come true. Adjust your expectations accordingly. 

LOL . . . well this better not be one of those times. You now got my hopes higher than the sky!

Though we are racing at Talladega this weekend. He'll have to avoid "the big one"  in order to win. ;) But you said, he's going to win the rest of the year. By golly...he has to win the rest of the year. LOL. 

On 4/18/2024 at 9:35 PM, Garrett Duke said:

LOL . . . well this better not be one of those times. You now got my hopes higher than the sky!

Though we are racing at Talladega this weekend. He'll have to avoid "the big one"  in order to win. ;) But you said, he's going to win the rest of the year. By golly...he has to win the rest of the year. LOL. 

I wonder if it will be a demolition derby like the Daytona 500 was. 

On 4/20/2024 at 11:21 AM, Garrett Duke said:

Sadly, probably will be. Which is why I don't like the restrictor plate racing. I'd rather watch racing the wrecks. 

I say that, but one year NASCAR made changes to the restrictor plates and it was a pretty boring race. Tony Stewart even was pretending to sleep through it. Hopefully there is a happy medium. LOL. 

Well Sunday seems to be my new grocery shopping day for some reason. So I missed the race. Again. What a failure I am. Michael McDowell won the pole. Kyle Larson got penalized for an qualification inspection infraction. His car chief got ejected as well. He had to start the race with a drive through penalty. He did get his lap back due to being the only car a lap down.  In the end, Tyler Riddick won the race.

Chase Elliott finished 15th...

NASCAR Talladega Superspeedway 1 Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I checked in once in awhile to see the places but didn't see a lot of it. Feeling pretty decent today so I worked outside most of the day....at a slow pace. Thanks Garrett. 

I am glad that you are starting to feel better. I hope you continue to do so. So hard to stay inside when it's nice out. You are welcome. :)

I had plans to watch both Talladega races this weekend but watched about 5 minutes of each of them :lol:. Saturday I was busy mowing lawns till about 6 and when I got out of the shower caught the last gwc start and end of the Xfinity race. Sunday celebrated a friend's birthday so just caught a few laps here and there. 

NASCAR related news....I stopped at a garage sale over the weekend and scored some NASCAR cars, Bill Elliott's 94 McDonald's Mac Tonight, Kyle Petty Coors 42 and a Richard Petty car and hauler collector's set. Lady gave me a great deal on the Bill Elliott car and Kyle Petty car but I paid almost full price for the Richard Petty set. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

NASCAR related news....I stopped at a garage sale over the weekend and scored some NASCAR cars, Bill Elliott's 94 McDonald's Mac Tonight, Kyle Petty Coors 42 and a Richard Petty car and hauler collector's set. Lady gave me a great deal on the Bill Elliott car and Kyle Petty car but I paid almost full price for the Richard Petty set. 

Sweetness! Too bad you didht pick up a Hardee's #28 Cale Yarborough car. 

12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Sweetness! Too bad you didht pick up a Hardee's #28 Cale Yarborough car. 

That would have been cool but they didn't have any. They had a 70's Torino one, I forget the name of the driver but recognized is was a Junie Dunlavey owner car but I didn't want to pay that much for it. Someone came by after I did Saturday and cleaned out most of the NASCAR cars they had as I went back Sunday for the Richard Petty set. Her husband was a fan of the Petty's, Earnhardt's and Jeff Gordon. Most of the Petty and Earnhardt stuff is gone, they still had plenty of Jeff Gordon diecasts though lol.

On 4/23/2024 at 8:19 AM, Spike said:

That would have been cool but they didn't have any. They had a 70's Torino one, I forget the name of the driver but recognized is was a Junie Dunlavey owner car but I didn't want to pay that much for it. Someone came by after I did Saturday and cleaned out most of the NASCAR cars they had as I went back Sunday for the Richard Petty set. Her husband was a fan of the Petty's, Earnhardt's and Jeff Gordon. Most of the Petty and Earnhardt stuff is gone, they still had plenty of Jeff Gordon diecasts though lol.

Wait what? She had Jeff Gordon and you didn't get any? What's wrong with you? LOL. (I say that jokingly. . .I guess we can't all have great NASCAR taste ;) ) I'd have bought all Jeff Gordon stuff. LOL. Though Petty and Earnhardt (Jr) is great too.  :)

13 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Wait what? You like Jeff Gordon more than Cale Yarborough? What is wrong with you? LOL. (I say that jokingly...we can't all have great NASCAR taste.)

Sorry Garrett. Couldn't resist! 

I am sorry to let y'all down, but Cale Yarborough was before my time and way before I got into NASCAR. I didn't get into NASCAR until the Dukes were on TNN and it was Jeff Gordon who roped me in. So yeah...he will always be my all time favorite. HA :) .

10 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I am sorry to let y'all down, but Cale Yarborough was before my time and way before I got into NASCAR. I didn't get into NASCAR until the Dukes were on TNN and it was Jeff Gordon who roped me in. So yeah...he will always be my all time favorite. HA :) .

I guess we'll forgive you for not being a Cale fan. Since you are rooting for Chase Elliott now I guess you can't be all bad. 

20 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I guess we'll forgive you for not being a Cale fan. Since you are rooting for Chase Elliott now I guess you can't be all bad. 

I appreciate that, Roger :). 

I missed the race. Had a birthday lunch. But I did hear that Denny Hamlin held off Kyle Larson to win the race. So whoever it was who said they liked Hamlin (Sorry) you should be happy. Chase Elliott finished fifth...

Denny Hamlin holds off Larson, delivers at Dover for third victory of season (nascar.com)

NASCAR Dover Motor Speedway Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR

Yeah it was another snooze fest between the leader and 2nd place that couldn't pass due to the lousy aero of this generation of car. Kyle Larson got within a car length of Denny then got stalled out. Mike, Kevin and Clint tried to make it exciting and seem like Kyle could pass Denny but I knew what the outcome would be. Like many of the driver's have said lately if you're the leader with 5 - 10 laps to go you'll most likely win if there's no cautions because no one will be able to pass you unless by some chance they have tires with way less laps on them. 

Kevin Harvick will be getting behind the wheel of a Cup car again to qualify Kyle Larson's car for the All Star race since Kyle Larson will be qualifying for the Indy 500. Kyle Larson will be able to make the all star race from Indy qualifying though.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2024/04/28/cup-series-2024-all-star-kevin-harvick-standby-kyle-larson/