If I ever win the lottery....

It's official! I have decided that when I win the lottery (It's no longer a question of 'if' it's when! LOL) I'm gonna go do some serious car shopping!

My first purchase would be a 1970 Mustang Boss 302

GrabberBlue1970Boss302-1.jpg

Next would probably be the General! (Duh!! LMAO!)

generallee.jpg?t=1268521114

Then a 2010 Ford F-150 Raptor SVT (Purdy & sporty truck!)

2010-Ford-F-150-SVT-Raptor-0037.jpg

Then, if I still have the desire to stick with the ranch, (which, if you know anything about the situation up here in Alberta, it's very unlikely) I'd probably step out and buy a John Deere 8530 front wheel assist for feeding the cows and putting the crop in and pulling the silage chopper.

8530tractor131118lg.jpg

That's what I'd do! lol.. Hows bout y'all? What are your plans for when you win the lottery?

Wow GeneralLeeGirl you are store for a big car shopping spree when you win the lottery! I hope that you'll have enough money after you got all them fancy cars/truck/tractor all bought up that you'll have a big ol' garage or some place to store them all...plus have a place to live yourself! HA HA. Gotta admit they all look nice and would be exciting to own.

Hmmm when or if I win the lottery (I say if because in order to win the lottery, I'd have to start buying lottery tickets first) I would love to own The General and then maybe a brand new modern car that I could drive around on a daily basis. Perhaps a Chevy Impala or Monte Carlo...a Mustang would be awesome as well. Then perhaps a small house of my own and then perhaps buy tickets to a NASCAR race to watch in person and a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field (Chicago). If I had any money left over after that...I'd probably put it in the bank and save it up. Or give some to a charity of my choice...

This is an interesting thread...am looking forward to what everyone else would do if they won the lottery.

Ooo! Great list for spending those lottery winnings. Khee!

For me, the first thing I'd do is buy some land and build a huge garage to store all the cars I wanna buy.

In addition to a General Lee Charger, a Plymouth Fury and a Jeep CJ7 I'd also like to get...

1978 Pontiac Firebird (or a '77, they look similar. Hell, I'll take one of each. Khee!)

0608hppp_01zpontiac_trans_amfront_v.jpg

1966 Olds Toronado

oldsmobile-toronado-1966a.jpg

1985 Chevy Monte Carlo

100_0922.jpg

1987 Buick Grand National

0903gmhtp_05_z+1987_buick_grand_national+side_view.jpg

I seem to be stuck on 80's cars. ROFL

And that's only the beginning! Believe me there's tons more cars I'd love to have.

Gotta buy that lottery ticket... LOL

My dream vehicle is an old, dirty, white, Ford F-150 pick-up truck like Uncle Jesse drives. I suppose I wouldn't have to win the lottery to get one so I probably will someday.

In the meantime, if any of you folks hit the lottery and buy your dream vehicle and want to get rid of your old, dirty, white, Ford F-150 pick-up truck, let your Uncle Roger know.

For my husband, he wants to go back to his youth to buy a 1991 white MR2 turbo.

For me, I've never been a "car" person. But I would buy a motorcycle. Not just any, the the BMW motorcycle featured in the movie "Torque". I forget the serial number, but only 50 were made, it had a helicopter engine, could go 0-200mph in 6 seconds and only cost about $250k a piece.

If I had to get a classic car, I'm more into the 50-60s old cadallic convertible (ala Boss Hogg)

Wow great lists! I'm not the only one stuck on cars! lol.. But I got lots of land in (my opinion) as close to heaven as I'll ever get. LOL

I like the fast bike pendragon.. Correction... I LOVE it! lol.. But I've always had a bit of a problem with driving wayyyy too fast! :D

Loving the Firebird MaryAnne! My cousin actually has one like that, only red... I've been telling him he has to paint it black, but he won't listen to me... ;)

Roger, when I win the lottery, you can have my old '74 F-150 farm truck... It's orange with a white stripe tho... But it's dirty most of the time! lol. It doesn't go much over 60km/h, comes complete with a flat spare tire, a jack-all with no handle, random chunks of 2x4 and big rocks picked out of the field. And a dash board full of worn-out ball bearings, assorted nuts and bolts and a fairly complete set of broken wrenches! LMAO!

Oh and Garrett, if your going to a Cubs game you should take me with you! lol

My dream vehicle is an old, dirty, white, Ford F-150 pick-up truck like Uncle Jesse drives. I suppose I wouldn't have to win the lottery to get one so I probably will someday.

In the meantime, if any of you folks hit the lottery and buy your dream vehicle and want to get rid of your old, dirty, white, Ford F-150 pick-up truck, let your Uncle Roger know.

Roger- You are the only one I know that would want to buy a dirty old truck if they won the lottery. Though, if I win the lottery before you, I'll buy one just for you for giving you such a hard time. I'll even run it through my muddy parking lot just make sure it's dirty...;)

You got it...that'd be fun! A Cubs fan in Canada? It's great! :D GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Well they are right up there in my list of favorite teams... Right after Toronto! GO JAYS!!! lol

Sooo excited for baseball season... (almost as good as hockey! ;) lol)

If I won the lottery... hmmm...

I'd probably go out and buy a big farm, a bunch of horses, get rid of the cows, and a big Chevy with duels to pull my horse trailer!

You already got a whole shwack of horses! lol... If you buy more horses, then you could give me that little black filly with the crooked blaze I broke last summer! :D

Well they are right up there in my list of favorite teams... Right after Toronto! GO JAYS!!! lol

Sooo excited for baseball season... (almost as good as hockey! ;) lol)

Almost as good as hockey? *shocked look* Nothing is better than baseball...or NASCAR. HA HA. My opinion of course. Am not a hockey fan, guess I never took the time to sit down and watch it or to understand the sport. Though being a Cubs fan, I will not hold it against ya. ;) GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! KHEE! Oh I am with you one hundred precent...am so excited for baseball season to start up. :D

Almost as good as hockey? *shocked look* Nothing is better than baseball...or NASCAR. HA HA. My opinion of course. Am not a hockey fan, guess I never took the time to sit down and watch it or to understand the sport. Though being a Cubs fan, I will not hold it against ya. ;) GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! KHEE! Oh I am with you one hundred precent...am so excited for baseball season to start up.

Well I'm Canadian, so a love of hockey is bred right into me! lol.. Plus it helps that my cousin has season tickets to the Edmonton Oilers right on the guest blue-line and at the glass ;).

My bf went to a Jays game last summer when they played Boston... I told him he should take me with him, but I had to work and everyone else I work with was gone. :( But he brought me back a cap, so it was all good! :D

That's another thing I'd do if I won the lottery... Buy season tickets to the Edmonton Oilers and the closest MLB team, which would be... umm... Seattle? Yeah, Seattle's closest... Actually, I'd probably just make a few trips down to Toronto and watch my own team play!! LOL

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

If I won the lottery I'd buy the Valencia Oaks Ranch where the Dukes was filmed,rebuild it as it was during the show,and then build a modern house on a part of the ranch that was never used for filming.

As far as cars go,erm,obviously a General Lee would be my first buy.And then a Chevy Suburban,a couple of Harleys and a new Charger.

And then I'd get an agent to help me with my acting career.

• 2 years later...
If I won the lottery I'd buy the Valencia Oaks Ranch where the Dukes was filmed,rebuild it as it was during the show,and then build a modern house on a part of the ranch that was never used for filming.

As far as cars go,erm,obviously a General Lee would be my first buy.And then a Chevy Suburban,a couple of Harleys and a new Charger.

And then I'd get an agent to help me with my acting career.

I'd do the same thing beside the Suburban and the Harleys.

If I won the lottery... I'd die because of anxiety, LOL.

I'm not much interested in having a lot of money... a lot of money brings only trouble.

I just want to feel at ease with myself, having people I love around me, a comfortable home.

Serenity, it's the only thing I want... and money can't buy serenity and healt.

But more money can be useful and funny to use in a LOT of ways :innocent:

In effect, thinking about it, there's NOTHING I want to buy so badly .... maybe... I'd use money for my house (my shelter.. and other shelters, at sea, mountain, lake, and so on... different shelters in different relaxing places... but I'd not have the time to use those shelters, LOL, unless I'd stop working 'cause the large amount of money... and I don't think stop working would be good, for me).

There's an old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I've been very blessed with happiness and I'd worry that my life would change too much if I hit it big so I'm not sure if I'd want to win the lottery.

I've always said that half the poor people I know are happy. Half the rich people I know are happy. Half the middle class I know are happy. If that ain't proof that money doesn't buy happiness I don't know what is.

Still, it would be fun acting like Abraham Lincoln Hogg and buying black convertible Cadillac and drive around giving money away.

There's an old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I've been very blessed with happiness and I'd worry that my life would change too much if I hit it big so I'm not sure if I'd want to win the lottery.

I've always said that half the poor people I know are happy. Half the rich people I know are happy. Half the middle class I know are happy. If that ain't proof that money doesn't buy happiness I don't know what is.

Still, it would be fun acting like Abraham Lincoln Hogg and buying black convertible Cadillac and drive around giving money away.

If I won, my life wouldn't change much. I'd just travel more. Most of it, I'd probably give away to charitable causes or set up my own charitable organization. That's just way more money than I could ever spend.

Looks like both rolled over. Powerball is over half a BILLION dollars. Holy moly. I'd be happy with 1/1000th of that.

• 9 months later...

I'd buy a General Lee, Jeep like Daisy's, white pick-up…maybe a black beauty from green hornet…a batmobile, one from Adam wests batman and from the movies not all but the most different one, maybe a farm or something in Georgia. Near where the first 5 episodes of Dukes Of Hazzard were filmed. And my aunt and cousin cars to maybe put some money in a CD at a bank to live off after the money stops and the rest I'd use at the farm. Course I'd have to learn how to work on a farm since I'm a California girl. Born and raised in the east bay.