Arrest Brian Coltrane!

MaryAnne

HEEEYAHH!! *Kicks my horse hard charging him from my hiding place only a short distance away. Charges my horse at Brian, driving the animal for all its speed and might. Plows right into the gun wielding Coltrane.* RUN GARRETT! GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!!! *Draws my own gun.*

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Steps back in surprise and in pain from slap to stare at Brian. Anger radiates deeply within and I breathe in heavily in order to control my anger* Guess I should have figured you weren't man enough to take my surrender with much grace. Perhaps it'd been best if I just kept doin' what I was doin'. *Looks at car and then at gun, thinking of his chances of escape would be.* Why would I want to go for a ride in this beat up car of your's anyway? Especailly after what you just done to me. Perhaps if you asked nicely I'd be glad to. But you didn't. . .

*Hearing Chet, yet refusing to look away from Brian, take advantage of the interruption to quickly kick the gun away from Brian and grabs Brian by the shirt to throw him against his car before running and grabbing the gun.* I ain't goin' nowhere with you. *Gets behind Chet and into an alley*

( that's a cheat - post disallowed. You've been shot. Chet pulled a risky, ill-thought move, that either wounded you or caused death. You decide..)

*Cries out in pain and fear as the bullet lands in upper chest and blood instantly begins to stain my white shirt. Angrily I look at Brian and then up at Chet.*

*having been plowed into by a horse, is in no condition to offer aid... or take blame. Lays still on the pavement, face down. What happens from here is up to Alex and Chet... if they can work together... or finish each other off....*

*having been plowed into by a horse, is in no condition to offer aid... or take blame. Lays still on the pavement, face down. What happens from here is up to Alex and Chet... if they can work together... or finish each other off....*

Brian! *already moving toward the black car as I see the running horse heading in it's direction. My gaze locked on the black-clad man as he goes down. Seeing Garrett shot, and Chet thundering to a stop.* You idiot! *to Chet. Gaze going to Alex, briefly, then turning to see how bad off both Garrett and Brian are*

Chet...forget about me *I gasp in pain and short of breath as lain on sidewalk* protect yourself. *Closes eyes as the pain turns to an odd numbness and everything seems to spin around me.*

Garrett, save your breath.. *goes and gets the wounded man up, opens the passenger door and opens it then helps Garrett in.. then quickly turns and grabs Brian and hauls him up and puts in the passenger side and closes the door, runs around and gets into the driver side* Im going to the clinic! *fires up Diablo and puts it in gear, then hit the gas taking off down the street*

Brian! *already moving toward the black car as I see the running horse heading in it's direction. My gaze locked on the black-clad man as he goes down. Seeing Garrett shot, and Chet thundering to a stop.* You idiot! *to Chet. Gaze going to Alex, briefly, then turning to see how bad off both Garrett and Brian are*

*Fading in and out of conscienceness to send confusion at the sight of allt he people arond. The thought of death strikes once more as I attempt to concentrate on the painful breathing.*

*Glares at Alex, grabs my horses reins and swings on his back.* Im right behind ya'll to help! Im going to the clinic.

*out cold, oblivious, injuries unknown.... having no idea that own life hangs in the balance with Garrett's.... both wounded men dependent now on the ability of Alex and Chet to work together under truce...*

*..which is to say, ya'll, that the odds ain't that good...*

( We'll pause here to give a chance for others to catch up)

( Moderator's Note: This thing took a turn for the worse and I was going to delete the thread. Before MaryAnne saw it. Seriously. We were trying to keep it lighthearted, but given the nature with this kind of potlock writing, things can go in any direction. And they did. )

( I suppose it's appropriate, given the 'bad guy' stuff in this thread, that a couple characters are now mortally wounded, one from each side. None of this was planned, so it's kind of a poetic irony. )

( In the "round robin" stories of years gone by, often the same thing would happen. Start out great, then...eventually a train wreck occurs where the story can go no further, or just dies off on it's own. )

(But, there was somebody wishing for a train wreck, early on in this thing. Roger, didja get your money's worth?)

(Anyway, I was going to delete the thread, but people are still reading it. Maybe we will continue, or maybe in the interest of good taste we'll shelve it and pretend it never happened, and carry on with business from there as usual. )

( Moderator's Note: This thing took a turn for the worse and I was going to delete the thread. Before MaryAnne saw it. Seriously. We were trying to keep it lighthearted, but given the nature with this kind of potlock writing, things can go in any direction. And they did. )

( I suppose it's appropriate, given the 'bad guy' stuff in this thread, that a couple characters are now mortally wounded, one from each side. None of this was planned, so it's kind of a poetic irony. )

( In the "round robin" stories of years gone by, often the same thing would happen. Start out great, then...eventually a train wreck occurs where the story can go no further, or just dies off on it's own. )

(But, there was somebody wishing for a train wreck, early on in this thing. Roger, didja get your money's worth?)

(Anyway, I was going to delete the thread, but people are still reading it. Maybe we will continue, or maybe in the interest of good taste we'll shelve it and pretend it never happened, and carry on with business from there as usual. )

(I wouldn't like to see it left unfinished. However if that decision is made, I respect it.)

In my opinion, a finished story isn't worth the lives of two long standing characters on Hnet.

I say stop the story, better to amputate the limb then lose the patient or patients.

I agree with pendragon it isn't worth losing two long standing character to finish the story, but who says they have to die either? They're mortally wounded nobody's actually dead yet just lives hanging in the balance there's still time for help isn't there? Just my two cents, I will go along with and respect whatever decision is made by the moderators.

Hey B.L.'s got a point. Maybe the bullet just clipped Garrett. Unless you've seen this situation actually happen there's on telling how the scene would have happened. Maybe the horse hitting Brian caused the gun to jerk up and the trajectory of the bullet clipped his shoulder as for Brian the horse most likely would have thrown him through the air a few feet and maybe somehow he miraculously landed on his butt then smacked his head against the pavement and will wake up with a terrible headache. There's no reason either of you have to die.

I agree...I don't think the characters neccesarily have to be killed off from where we are at now. Both characters seem to have suffered great injuries and may be facing death, but as of now, they are still alive and perhaps could be helped. Though I don't think the story is worth killing off any of our characters for either. So I guess it all depends. Anyway, whatever you decide to do, Brian, with the story, I will respect and understand why you did it.

As for my part, I apologize if I took the story away from where it was intended to go or led it to this directions. I had allowed Garrett (my muse) do the writing and perhaps should have restrained him more than I already did. Though despite his critical condition in the story, Garrett (my muse) seems a little more motivated to write my own stories than before. Anyway, I'm sorry.

Hey B.L.'s got a point. Maybe the bullet just clipped Garrett. Unless you've seen this situation actually happen there's on telling how the scene would have happened. Maybe the horse hitting Brian caused the gun to jerk up and the trajectory of the bullet clipped his shoulder as for Brian the horse most likely would have thrown him through the air a few feet and maybe somehow he miraculously landed on his butt then smacked his head against the pavement and will wake up with a terrible headache. There's no reason either of you have to die.

Garrett was shot in the chest, though that don't nesseccarily mean he's beyond repair at this moment. . .

In my opinion, a finished story isn't worth the lives of two long standing characters on Hnet.

I say stop the story, better to amputate the limb then lose the patient or patients.

Sorry I didn't clarify late last night - wasn't in the best of moods.

I would like Brian make bail plot to continue. It's been a really long time since he had a new story. I enjoyed Garrett working with others.

And to cheer up, even thought how cool it'd be to read about Doc saving them in the clinic.

Pages 23 -32 could be deleted like Alex's post last night.

There is also the option that pages 23 - 32 were a daydream?

Whatever decision is made, I will respect that.

It's true that anything is still possible, I just wasn't sure if this had gone too far and then went straight over the edge.

There's opinion to be had from a certain party who hasn't weighed in on this yet. But for the rest of ya'll it sounds like The Show Must Go On, as long as it's not a Series Finale of sorts.

And now I'll hush and await that certain party's thoughts.

It's true that anything is still possible, I just wasn't sure if this had gone too far and then went straight over the edge.

There's opinion to be had from a certain party who hasn't weighed in on this yet. But for the rest of ya'll it sounds like The Show Must Go On, as long as it's not a Series Finale of sorts.

And now I'll hush and await that certain party's thoughts.

Speaking as myself (as opposed to speaking as MaryAnne LOL) I have no issue with the story continuing on, as long as it's not a Series Finale. Bein' the reckless optimist I think this thing can be resolved to a satisfactory ending. Or atleast, resolved enough so that nobody perishes.

Heck, Kristy made an interestin' point. This exercise seems to have her character of Garrett motivated to work on her own stories. I've always felt that a good shot...er...dose of drama can do wonders for motivatin' the muse. The rest of y'all are playin' pretty well in this thing too.

Besides, it's been a long time since some of us have done an RR. Although this thing didn't start out as an RR (it started out as a way for MaryAnne to get back at Brian. And maybe get a story out of the whole thing!) it's taken on the life of an RR.

And, what the hell, MaryAnne's gettin' a story out of it. :)

So, having said all that...and since it appears the majority is willing to see this thing through, and the players all know the game their playing, let's carry on shall we?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.