Truth, Love, and Justice

LoriDavenport

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebeccah looked down at her hands that was placed softly into his. She chewed on her bottom lip gently.

"Bo...so many men have said that to me.... daddy's put them away for life...I don't want you to be thrown in prison Bo...It'd break my heart. I...I..don't know myself if you can get daddy to budge but...we gotta try something Bo...you mean...alot to me.."

Rebeccah cradled his hands in hers. She smoothed her fingers over his with a light feathery touch.

"I...I understand Bo...I can't let an opportunity to be with a man that I know truely cares for me, pass me by... but..how..how will we see each other without him knowing..you know he'll have someone watching me constantly.."

Luke almost let out a sigh of relief, but the topic that Jesse chose was as bad as the one he hoped to dodge, “Well, Sir. You know how Bo was about Diane. He wouldn't listen to any of us and nearly got himself killed. I saw that same look in his eyes when he looked at Rebecca Drutton. Judge Drutton may be your friend but he has never hesitated to lock us up for fighting, racing and anything else he figured we were charged with that was half way legit. I figure if he even thinks that Bo is interested in Rebecca, that the next chance he gets Bo will be making big rocks into little rocks and I'm just likely to be joining him.

Bo bit his lip, shaking his head

"For now Beccah, lets just focus on talking to yer Daddy...see if we can't sway his decision a little...much as he hates people dating ya, I ain't ever known him t'be unfair...sure he's locked me an' Luke away enough times but that's only when we had no evidence t'prove we didn't do what we were bein' charged with...it's fair enough an' he always let us back out once we did get the evidence...and if...if he sends me to Jail Rebeccah...then you can't give up...you gotta come see me an' show him that he can't win that way no more...this ain't just a fight for us Rebeccah, its a fight for every guy you ever loved who got wrongly jailed..."

*continue to nervously break up dry bark worried about Bo's future*

The way I figure it, that love-struck fool is gonna try to talk ta old Charlie. There ain't gonna be no good come from that.

*hesitates and looks to ground*

I wonder if I should try ta talk ta the good Judge first.

*sounds indecisive*

Of course Bo can have the gift of gab at times *smiles* He gits that from his old Uncle

Jesse *gazing off at the horizon* Well maybe it's best I don't go stickin' my old nose where it don't belong. 'Sides, I haven't made it a habit ta keep you boys out of trouble before ya git into it....but it does seem ta be my life's work ta git ya out of it once yer in it.

*looks at Luke saying nothing but Luke could tell just by the way Jesse was looking at him that he wanted to know about Bo's accusations*

Luke swore to himself before he began, "Well, the night Bo was talking about was when Cindy Mae's parents were out of town and we'd been having us a pretty good time at the Boar's Nest. But, it was getting late and I knew you were expecting Bo and I home, so we came home." Luke let his eyes drop from Jesse's to the ground before he continued, "But, being as Cindy Mae didn't have no one homw to know when she got home so she waited down the road a bit til I met her and we went back and closed the Boar's Nest down before I came home again." Luke hoped that was enough of the truth to satisfy Jesse and still keep him alive.

"Ernie and a couple of his buddies tried to start trouble several times and I did have to calm them down, but when Bo said I lied and said I was coming down with a cold when I really had a hang over, well, that's not true I did feel like I had a cold coming on. I wasn't hung over at all." Luke neglected to tell that no he wasnt' hung over, he was still drunk on the morning in question.

*looks down at ground and then back up and then focuses on trees way off at a distance*

I don't know what ta tell you boys anymore when ya head off and do stupid things. Can ya guess what I'm the most disappointed about?

*when Luke doesn't answer quickly Jesse continues talking*

That there orange stock car there can run on gas or moonshine and when he goes, you boys don't know how ta run him slow. Now YOU on the other hand, young man *points at Lukes chest* can run on good healthy food or run on shine....or whatever that stuff is yer a drinkin' down at the Boar's Nest is.

If yer runnin' on shine and yer runnin' with the General at a hundered miles an hour.....

*hesitates then speaks softly and looks to ground*

Well, I've already lost enough in my life. I just wanna lose no more...

Luke was a bit relieved at Jesse's topic. He had known better to drive after drinking since he was small. "Uncle Jesse that night Cindy Mae was driving not me. If I have more than one or two watered down beers at the Boar's Nest I always make sure someone not drinking is driving. You should know I'm telling you the truth because if I did even ease out of here in the General Lee you would have heard him start at the end of the drive way." Luke wasn't cutting corners on this and he could understand Jesse's concern if it had been different.