Truth, Love, and Justice

LoriDavenport

Luke had turned and walked off to the barn as Uncle Jesse had asked him to. He was sure Bo would calm down and they'd work out their differences. He just hoped that Jesse could talk some sense into Bo about Rebecca. Luke also hoped that Jesse would forget all the stuff Bo had told on him about but he really didn't think that likely.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo sighed and nodded.

"I know that Uncle Jesse...but I was thinkin' of goin' to him and askin' him fer permission instead of askin' Beccah out right...tell him why I love her and...how I wanna take care of her and how much I think of her...I just can't let her go Uncle Jesse, I can't...what if its the real thing this time..."

Bo, ya have to see this thing like Charlie sees it. I know that's tough to do. You don't have any grown daughters so it's tough for you to relate to how he feels about protecting her.

Charlie can relate to you though because he was a lot like you when he was younger. Ya might not know it ta see him now but he liked a lot of ladies in his life at one time and it took him quite a spell before he settled down to the right one. He's probably sittin' over there right now worried sick that his little girl might not be the last young lady you take a fancy to.

Now before you git the idea to convince him otherwise, you'd better be real careful pickin' yer words 'cause that old judge can see right though a whipersnapper like you. His mind is sharper than any old lie detector they ever made down there at the FBI. Are you sure yer up fer that?

Bo sighed and got up, throwing his chair back against the table and storming outside.

"Well thanks a lot...the one person I thought I could talk to about it and not even you understand..."

That said, he slammed the door behind him and slid into the General, starting him up and speeding away from the farm to do some thinking of his own. Not of whether or not he should be with Rebeccah, but how he would be. If there was one thing Bo Duke was not, it was a quitter. If it took him and Rebeccah running away together, then so be it, he was willing to do it...

Luke was standing against the barn door as Bo made his exit. He took it that Jesse hadn't been able to reason with him anymore than Luke himself had. He looked up and saw Jesse come out the door. Luke took a deep breath before asking Jesse, “Do you want me to go after him?†He hoped the answer was 'yes' because if it were no he seen a long talk with Jesse about himself.

*watching the cloud of dust left behind from the General* Well, even if ya did, he'd take off as soon as he saw ya in the mirror and ya sure ain't gonna catch him in the truck or tractor. 'Sides, there's a time when a young man in love just needs ta shove everything out of the way that's coming between him and his woman...and this is yer cousin's time...

(Sorry guys, I've been havin a tad bit of issues with computers lately, but Im back in now and caught up!)

Rebeccha had been on her way back to her house. She had just come from her father's office, asking him permission to go out tonight with some friends... and, just as always, he said no. She propped her head in her hand, as she rested her elbow on the window seal of her car door. She drove at a moderate speed down the dusty dirt road.

Seeing the signal he had given her from her rearview mirror, she felt a small smile tug at the corners of her mouth. She speeded up just a bit and made it to the clearing. She let the car come to a slow roll as it stopped easily. She sighed contently and opened her door gently climbing out. She looked down and blushed a deep red shutting her door, leaning against the car.

"I know...I know that but....i'm willing to risk it if you are...i'll go see him and ask him and tell him that I think your the most special girl i've ever met that...you caught my heart right away...I know i've got a bad reputation round these parts but...I care for all the girls i've ever gone out with....I aint let a single one of em down..."

Bo said softly, trying to convince Beccah as much as he was himself that he could actually talk to the Judge about this.

Rebeccah gave Bo a soft gentle smile. She nodded agreeingly to him.

"If you can get daddy to budge...and believe it...Im willing to risk it all too..."

Rebeccah had heard the stories of Bo's reputation through the grapvines. She gave it much thought that day since she saw him. If they really could make it work, or, would she only be a temporarily fling as some of the others was. She knew her father would do more than put him behind bars if she was.

"I don't know if I can get him to budge Rebeccah...I know how protective he must be if it's half as bad as me an' Luke are with Daisy when she goes out with someone...heck we've waited all night long fer her to come back some nights...and we got the bumps t'prove it. I may go through girls like I do my socks a lot of the time but...when I find someone special...when it actually means something...I'll put all the effort I can into making it work...I haven't felt this way about anyone since Diane...and the only reasons I didn't go with her is because of my probation, my family and the fact I'd always be second to the carnival...I haven't let anyone this deep into my heart since her Rebeccah...somehow you smashed through the walls and captured my heart.."

He said softly, taking her hand in his as he spoke, carressing the knuckles gently.