Truth, Love, and Justice

LoriDavenport

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooter slowly stopped the wrecker at the front of Rebecca's car and climbed out. Tipping his hat and smiling to her he checked out the damages by running his hand over the dent and the scratched paint. He whsitled once more and walked to the back of his truck having had backed up to the front of her car, he hooked the tow chain in under her front bumper and latched the chain to it. He smiled to her.

"I'd be much obliged to loan you a ride into town ma'am.."

Rebecca cut her gaze from Bo's eyes to Cooter's.

"Uhhh sure...that'll be great..thanks.."

Cooter nodded and smiled at her opening the passenger side door for her. She nodded and smiled at Cooter still holding a love-struck gaze on Bo.

• 3 weeks later...

**** NOTE: This story was started as Private. I have since gotten BoJamesDuke and Lori's permission to do the Luke replies and actions. DixieDavenport.

Half way to town, Luke decided to try to talk some sense into Bo again before they reached the garage. "Bo, you have heard about the futures of the men who have dated or even tried to date Rebecca. Now, Cousin, I love ya and don't want to see nothing bad happen to ya. More so, as the man riding next to you, you know me, the one who's got your back and who's back you have, remember me over here who's likely to be in just as much trouble just because I'm setting in this seat. Bo you got to walk on this one."

Bo shook his head a little, listening to what Luke was saying but not being able to just agree with it.

"Luke I know what's happened with those other guys...but this is different...Judge Druton knows us...he's a friend of the family...if I went and asked him before I ask Rebecca maybe he'll respect me more and allow it...I can't walk away from it Luke, I can't."

Luke heard what Bo was saying, with any other girl or any other father he may have a point. Luke had to admit to himself that Bo may even have a point with Judge Druton, but Luke had seen and heard too much over the years. Judge Druton had always been very hard on young men who wished to date younger girls when their parents disapproved. He had been even harder on the young men you tried to date his own daughter once she started attracking them like flies to honey. Luke sighed loudly, "Bo before you head out to talk to Judge Druton you may want to talk to Jesse first." He knew Bo wasn't going to listen about not seeing Rebecca, but if Jesse could talk to the Judge at least maybe it would prevent them from going to prison over this.

Cooter pulled up at the garage and opened miss Rebecca's door for her. As se stepped out slowly she glanced over at the courthouse and sighed low and heavy.

Cooter watched her as he unhooked her car from the back of his tow truck, thinking Bo was in hot water with this young philly. Cooter got to work on fixing the dent and repainting the scratches.

Rebecca, on the other hand, thought more of Bo and what exactly she was going to tell him to let him down easy, because of her father..

Bo bit his lip a little as he watched her blush, too used to that reaction to be much bothered by it...though he had to admit he was surprised he wasn't blushing. He knew he wasn't because his cheeks seems to heat up when he did. There weren't many girls that could make him feel like he did around Rebecca...there was something different about her and yet he didn't know what it was...maybe it was the thrill of chasing something that he knew in reality he shouldn't really be chasing after..

As Cooter finished with the last scratch he looked at miss Rebecca and smiled.

"If I may have your attention for amoment ma'am....your car is ready..."

Rebecca broke her glance from Bo and nodded to Cooter.

"Thanks.."

She softly spoke as she climbed in the driver's side, still watching Bo.

"Bye Bo...."

She smiled, not even paying attention to Luke, not really caring.

• 2 weeks later...

Luke walked into the kitchen of the Duke farm and saw his Uncle standing there cooking supper. Bo hadn't came in yet so Luke said, “Uncle Jesse you know me and Bo don't tell on each other and I'm not gonna start now. But, I do think you need to have a talk with him. Nothing has happened yet, but I see signs of serious trouble coming his way and if it does, I'll likely end up taking the ride myself.†Luke cut his conversation short hearing Bo coming their way.