When Friends Ain't Friends...

Daisy nodded, hugging him again careful of his hand.

"I know...but I feel better knowing your okay Luke...especially after everything with Bo...I just don't want to see the both of you in here...I was so..."

But her sentence was cut off by a small groan from Bo as he rolled his head softly and opened his eyes a little way, eyes hazy from the amount of pain killers he was on and his mind completly fuzzy as he looked around, stomach clenching and his breathing speeding up as he didn't recognize the room. Slowly he mumbled, words slurring together.

"where m'I...what m'I'doin'...'ere..."

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo jerked slightly as Luke's hand touched his forehead, looking around dazed until unfocused eyes settled on Luke, frowning a little as he heard Luke speaking but didn't understand what the heck was being said as everything just jumbled into noise. Swallowing he blinked a little and said in a slightly more panicked voice.

"Luke....ya'gotta....ge'out...o'here....he'll...hur'ya..."

"Shhh no, no Bo noone's going to hurt me. We're in the hospital and your hurt real bad. But it's all going to be fine now everything's ok your safe, Daisy's here too and Uncle Jesse's will be here soon so you just relax and calm down I'm not going to let anyone hurt you again."

Luke spoke in a low calming voice hoping to calm Bo even though he didn't seem to hear the words but hopefully the quiet soothing tone was enough to do the trick.

Bo recognized instantly the soothing tone in Luke's voice that he had heard so frequently as a youngster when he was locked in some awful nightmare. Bo hadn't been a particularly scardy-cat kid, in fact he was one of the most outgoing youngsters who was willing to try anything, so no one really understood why he had gotten so many nightmares...the only thing they knew was that Luke was the one that was always there and his soothing tone was the only one that worked, as it did now.

Slowly, even though he didn't understand the words being spoken because it all just sounded like noise, Bo started to settle, especially after making out somewhat the names Daisy and Uncle Jesse...Uncle Jesse....how bad he wanted his Uncle now to scoop him up in his arms and rock him and cradle him like he used to when they were children.

Daisy watched from the sidelines as Luke swiftly calmed Bo down and noticing for the first time why Bo would feel like he was being hurt again. Swallowing, she reached to the covers and gently pulled them back away from Bo's arms, stuttering out Luke's name gently.

"L...Luke....why....look what they's done..."

Pointing, she gently pointed out the restraints on Bo's wrists that were attatched to the bedrails and moved the covers on his ankles too to reveal them there as well.

Luke looks at the restraints his face clouding with anger

"Daisy get them things off him I can't with this hand like it is"

Goes back to speaking softly to Bo while Daisy freed him from the restraints. He'd like to know who's idea the restraints had been so he could give them a piece of his mind, and he planned to talk to the doctor about it next time he came around.

Daisy nodded, looking over her youngest cousin once more with a soft sigh before crossing over and hugging Luke, so very glad he wasn't so badly hurt and able to be here supporting her and Bo. He did so very well at that, and she knew it was a strain on him sometimes, but they both really appriciated it and they had all become closer due to it as well.

Cooter and B.L. follow Uncle Jesse into the room going over to the bed looking at Bo. B.L. asking

"How is he?"

Luke shook his head still angry about the restraints

"he woke up for a few minutes and was panicking, Daisy found out why they had him restrained to the bed."

Cooter frowns deeply he saw no reason they should have done that to Bo.

Luke leaves the two with Bo and steps over to where Uncle Jesse and Daisy are.

Jesse looked up from Daisy and smiled softly at Luke, reaching out and placing a hand gently on his shoulder, squeezing a little and drawing him into the hug, even though he knew Luke didn't like public displays of affection but was glad to see Luke didn't reject it.

Eventually he let the two cousins pull away and asked gently as he glanced over at Bo, not even flinching at the sight of his body mostly covered in bandages and tubes snaking out from all over the place.

"He doin' okay? Didn't give ya no trouble did he?"