When Friends Ain't Friends...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.L. pushed Bo's cheek slightly so he had to look at her speaking tenderly

"Bo there's no shame in needin' help ya been hurt real bad stands ta reason ya can't make it without some help."

took Bo by the arm slipping it around her shoulders,wrapping her own securely around his waist it wasn't that far of a walk and maybe with help he could make it and still retain his dignity.

"Just lean on me."

Bo nodded and gently accept B.L's help. All he wanted was to get in, see a doctor and go again. There was nothing really wrong he was sure, it was just a few bruisesa and scrapes that hurt a bit...

Daisy watched as B.L. helped Bo before turning to Luke.

"Luke....what's gotten into you...why ain't you helpin'? Usually you'd be right there in a flash..."

B.L. helped Bo make his way slowly across the parking lot only to be told they'd have to wait to see someone and in the meantime fill out some paperwork. So there they sat B.L. with her arm still around Bo protectively as they waited for a doctor to see him and for Luke to fill out the paperwork.

Luke sighed pinching the bridge of his nose wearily

"Daisy ain't nothin' got into me Bo's not in the mood to accept my help right now B.L.'s the best one ta help 'im at least with her it's just walkin' into the hospital with a prety girl with either one of us it's goin' in against his will with his two older over protective cousins."

Daisy shook her head and sighed

"Luke that ain't it and you know it....you know he's terrified of hospital's! He probably just didn't want ta make a big scene out of somethin' he don't think is real bad.....he just thinks he's got a few bruises and scrapes Luke! What if you were in his poisition and thought that...would ya want everyone makin' a fuss and face being wheeled around on a gurney because ya can't walk no matter how bad ya dont want ta admit it?"

Luke gives his own sigh knowing Daisy was right

"I know he is Daisy......yer right I'd be just as against it as he is but right now it don't matter who helps him as long as he lets one of us and he's accepting B.L.'s help willingly although I can tell he still don't like it but at least he's not being so stubborn he won't even let her help."

They got into the hospital and Luke took the clipboard with the papers on it that needed filling out, sitting in the chair on the opposite side of Bo so that he was between Luke and B.L.

Daisy smiled gently, glad she was able to straighten Luke out a bit. She knew that Luke was worried about Bo, heck she was too, but when Luke worried, he seemed to worry more than the rest of them and sometimes it took a couple of calming minutes with him to get him to think straight again.

As the two of them entered the hospital waiting room, Daisy took the chair the other side of B.L and gently whispered a thanks into her ear, frowning a little as she saw how much Bo was still shaking and how he looked a little spaced out again.

Luke put his own arm around Bo's shoulders to see if he could get Bo to lean over on him and rest his head on Luke's shoulder while they waited. Bo was spacing out but still looked as if he was going to fall out of the chair if B.L. let go of his waist without someone else there to catch him.

B.L. smiled at Daisy and gently shook her head that there was no need for thanks. The Dukes was just as much her family as Cooter was.

Bo instantly responded to the familiar action Luke gave, resting his head on Luke's shoulder gently and starting to feel really sleepy, starting to close his eyes softly.

Daisy smiled back to B.L, hugging her friend softly as she looked over to Bo as he leant his head on luke's shoulder and rested in his older cousin's embrace, before sitting up sharply and calling to him.

"Bo! No Bo darlin' don't go to sleep!"

Luke shifts when Daisy called to Bo instantly sitting his youngest cousin up straight.

"Ya got to stay awake Bo ya prolly got a concussion....talk to us cuz but don't go to sleep Bo do not go to sleep."

Luke spoke frantically afraid if Bo went to sleep he might not wakeup.

Quickly letting go of Daisy from the embrace, B.L. jumped from her chair going into the ladies bathroom coming back a few minutes later with a wet paper towel wiping Bo's face in an attempt to keep him awake with the cool water.

Bo sighed and opened his eyes again, whining a little.

"But I'm tired.....I want ta sleep...."

Daisy swallowed softly and rested a hand on his cheek.

"C'mon Bo...just think about something to talk about...the Doc ain't gonna be long and then when he's checked you over i'm sure you can sleep for a little while...just concentrate Bo..."

B.L. moved to sit in the floor indian style directly in front of Bo so that Daisy could scoot closer into the vacant chair.

"C'mon Bo tell us about your latest female endeavor the little red head you was talkin' to last weekend at the Boar's Nest? I ain't never seen her in Hazzard before."

B.L. knew this was the best chance of a topic that would keep Bo talking until the doctor took care of him.

Cooter came in the doors frowning as he saw Bo sitting in the chair looking ready to fall over with Luke and Daisy flanking him on either side as B.L. sat in the floor in front of him.

"Hey ya'll how's Bo?"

Luke looked up shaking his head grimly.

"We ain't seen hide nor hair of a doctor yet to know how he is but he's tryin' ta go to sleep on us so figure he has a concussion."

Cooter nodded and sat down on the other side of Luke to join the vigil.

Bo swallowed and tried to start telling them, getting a little way in before feeling himself slipping again, shaking his head and breaking off from the story.

"I can't....I can't do this I need to sleep..."

Just as Bo was saying this, the doctor finally came out to see them, kneeling down seeing instantly who it was that needed help.

"OKay and who do we have here and why?"

B.L. too had leaped for Bo as he started to fall placing a hand on his chest. Moving out the way as the orderlies came with the gurney. As they leave with him B.L. sits in the chair Bo had just been removed from head leaning against the wall. Luke stretched out his legs in front of him preparing to play the waiting game some more his own slight injuries starting to show themselves.

Cooter whispered to Luke not wanting to upset Daisy anymore than she already was.

"You ok Luke? Probably wouldn't hurt ta get yourself checked out."

Luke just shakes his head negatively and whispers back.

"I'm ok"

The convoy of people were all forced to wait in the waiting room with no word on Bo for a good couple of hours. After that time was up and Daisy was near breaking point, wanting to march over to the desk and ask them to see if they could find Bo when the Doctor stepped towards them again/

"Ok...we've finally got Bo settled in..."