When Friends Ain't Friends...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Okay....its pretty obvious he has a severe concussion and while him falling asleep was not the best of things to do, it shouldn't present any heavy problems. He has the expected bruises and scrapes that are going to make movement and sitting and laying down very painful for a few days. The main thing that concerns us though his his rib cage....basically its a complete mess...some are cracked, others chipped, others broken....he's really in a bad way. It's not life threatening...but still. its going to hurt which is why I'd like to keep him in for a while..."

The Doctor nodded back to Luke and smiled a little.

"For what its worth, Beauregard is in better condition than others I've seen come in after having been in a fight with an object."

Daisy looked up shocked again to the doctor.

"Fight with an object! What do you mean fight with an object?!"

Looking to her with a surprised expression on her face, the doctor answered.

"Well these injuries weren't done from punches and kicks alone...it looks like he's been hit with something, a base ball bat or something. Nothing metal or that would have surely broken bones in his arms and legs as well, but he has been hit with something along those lines."

Daisy choked a little bit as she heard the Doctor explain, if thqat was the case then Bo was in more pain than any of them had thought before. No wonder he couldn't move!

"If you want to see him, he's in room 534 just down the hall, take a right and the second door on your left....I should warn you though, when he wakes up he's likely to be confused and disorientated and we have him on high levels of pain medication so he's likely to stay that way until we can decrease it."

Daisy nodded as she listened, holding B.L.'s hand a little tighter in return to her tight hold, sighing a little. While Luke had an awful reaction to anestiesia, Bo seemed to have one on pain medication and from what she suspected it was morphine, meaning not only was he going to be all the things the Doctor had said before walking away, but he was also going to probably be as sick as a dog for a while as well.

B.L. covered her mouth with a small gasp hearing what had most likely been done to Bo. It was bad enough knowing the guy had beat Bo up but to know it was done with an object was much much worse. And if he was on that strong of pain medication it was going to be a rough uphill battle for Bo until he was over the effects of the medication and his injuries were starting to heal. Looks to Daisy seeing the fear and worry in her eyes B.L. gives her a quick hug.

"He'll be fine"

*crooked smile hoping to make the other woman laugh and relieve her own anxiety by making a joke even though the situation was anything but funny.* he's gonna be fun while he's disoriented we can convince him he's on the moon."

Luke shook hands with the doctor after listening to all he had to say turning to squeeze Daisy's shoulder in comfort and ruffling B.L.'s hair.

"No you are not going to try and convince him he's on the moon."

Cooter stands up looking at the other three

"well let's go see 'im"

he said putting actions to his words heading to Bo's room the others following closely.

As they entered the room and Luke got a look at Bo in the bed and apparently asleep but looking like he'd been hit by a truck he stopped dead in his tracks there was scarcely a place on Bo's body that wasn't covered in bandages. He moved closer to the bed reaching out to stroke Bo's cheek softly one of the few places without a bandage.

Cooter and B.L. almost bumped into Luke's and Daisy's backs as they entered the room behind their friends. Once able to see Bo, B.L. buried her face in Cooter's arm the seriousness of the injuries hitting hard and making her feel wobbly on her feet and queasy. Cooter wrapped an arm around her wasit keeping her upright as they moved further into the room.

Bo was obviously having a bit of trouble breathing on his own as Daisy noticed the clear tubing resting underneath his nose and snaking round his head, pumping oxygen into him.

She shook her head and leant more into Luke, standing beside him as he stroked Bo's unbandaged but heavily bruised cheek, reaching for his hair and softly stroking it away from his eyes as he mad eno response.

Luke pulled Daisy a little closer to him not wanting to let her go. He'd left Bo alone and now he was in the hospital seriously injured.

"Ya hang in there Bo."

Cooter maneuvered himself and B.L. over to the window leaning againts the windowsill holding B.L. tightly round the waist in front of him as she leaned her head against his chest.

B.L. nods

"Yeah I hope Rosco puts him under the jail......even though a hangin' in the town square would be better."

Luke looked at B.L. she seemed rather violent but he had to agree although the beating he and Cooter had dished out had been pretty bad Luke thought he deserved more.

"He'll get what's comin to him one way or another."

Luke said grimly

Cooter nodded his own agreement with the rest of them.

"Yeah donch ya'll worry he'll get his come uppance."

B.L. placed a hand on Daisy's shoulder smiling

"Nah you and Luke stay here with Bo, me 'n Cooter'll go get Uncle Jesse for ya'll."

Cooter nodded eagerly that they would

"B.L.'s right 'sides you ain't in no condition to drive Daisy ya still look a might peaked from all the upset. You stay here and see if ya can't get Lucas to see a doctor."

Luke frowned he thought they had forgotten he was hurt.

"I don't need to see no doctor."

"Daisy I didn't mean nothin' like that. But it's my responsibility to take care of you and Bo. But if it'll make ya feel better I'll get the doc to check me out in here but I ain't leavin' him and you alone if he decides to fight back cos he's disoriented you won't be able ta handle him alone."

Sighing as he finished speaking, not having meant to make it sound like he was Bo's only cousin but he had to take care of both Bo and Daisy.

Luke leans over kissing Daisy's forehead, stroking her hair.

"Don't worry about it no hard feelin's your just worried and upset and I'm being stubborn. I'll get a Doc ta take a look."

Just as Luke finishes speaking a doctor walks by the room and Luke steps out in the hall calling to him.

"Excuse me doctor but could you check me out? My cousin and I were attacked although he got the worst end of it, I do have some injuries that need attention I think."

The Doctor smiles kindly at Luke

"Of course come with me."

"Uh could ya do it in my cousin's room I don't wanna leave him alone with my other cousin for long he's on pain medication and it doesn't agree with him. His doctor said he might be disoriented when he wakes up and I need to be close to help keep him calm."

Doctor Sanchez smiles ushering Luke back inside Bo's room.

The doctor examined Luke's wrist frowning at the deep rope burns, he then spotted the cut on Luke's hand the frown going deeper.

"Well Mr. Uh Sorry I didn't catch your name"

Luke replied

"Duke, Luke Duke sir"

"Mr. Duke you have some nasty rope burns but they should heal fine, that cut on your hand however needs stitches. Just how did that happen?"

Looks at his hand before looking back at the doctor.

"I cut it on a piece of metal."

Doctor Sanchez nodded making a note on the pad of paper in his pocket.

"Then you'll need a tetanus shot as well. I'll get the shot and bandages."

Leaves the room.

Daisy smiled thankfully as she watched the doctor check Luke over, wincing sympathetically as the doctor told him what needed to be done before leaving. Smiling more than she had been in a long while, she stood up and crossed over to him, hugging him softly as she rested her head on his shoulder and whispered.

"Thank you Luke....please don't forget ta tell him about yer head though....that's more important than anythin' else....especially if Bo's landed a severe concussion from it....please..."

Luke turns his head to look Daisy in the eye kissing the tip of her nose as her head rested on his shoulder.

"I'll tell 'im just as soon as he gets back, but I doubt I've got anything near as bad as Bo I got a hard head ya know."

*smiled teasingly as the doctor came back in*

"Well now let's get that hand seen to shall we?"

The doctor took Lukes hand cleaning it with alchohol causing Luke to hiss in pain when the liquid burned the cut. That finished the doctor injected something into the hand around the cut looking up at the cousin's questioning looks he told them.

"It's novicane to deaden the area so it won't be painful while I'm stitching it up."

Luke nodded looking at Daisy as the doctor began to stitch the cut, he wasn't squimish but he didn't really want to watch either. After a couple of minutes go by Luke responds.

"Uh I forgot to mention I got hit in the head also, pretty hard it knocked me out."

Doctor Sanchez nodded continuing to make fine neat stitches in the cut.

"Ok I'll check that out in just a second almost finished here...there all done."

He then checked Lukes head not surprised to find a small lump there but smiled at the worried look on the girl's face.

"Nothing serious maybe a very mild concussion but that's it. Now let's get you that tetanus shot and we're all done."

He picked up another syringe filled with some clear liquid and injected it into Luke's arm, before instructing Luke not to get the stitches wet or do anything that would pull them. Finished he left the room and Luke once more looked at Daisy smiling.

"See nothing serious"