the dukes movie SUCKS!!!

i hate how some people love the dukes of hazzard movie and when they say i love the dukes of hazzard and you say i do too and you start talking about it and you say the dukes of hazzard tv show they chuckle and say there is no dukes of hazzard tv show that for some reason i get all fired up and say mean stuff like are you dumb there is a dukes of hazzard tv show retard.and when ever someone even says the dukes of hazzard i talking on and on and on about it. and another thing about the dukes of hazzard movie the movie says that cooter bulit the general lee but that is not true bo and luke built the general lee with cooter providing the parts and the general lee on the movie had the wrong steering wheel and the wrong shifter and it had a cd player and a mp3 player and this is supost to be in the 1980's.but you know what really pisses me off is that on the movie they said that they did not have time to fix the door handels but they really weilded them shut.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Former 'Duke' Bashes New Movie

Says Movie Trashed Their Show

(AP) ATLANTA, Ga. A former star of the "The Dukes of Hazzard" TV show is urging fans to skip the forthcoming movie version, calling it "a sleazy insult."

Ben Jones, a former Georgia congressman who played the wisecracking mechanic Cooter on the popular series from 1979 to 1985, said profanity and sexual content in the film make a mockery of the family friendly show.

"Basically, they trashed our show," said Jones, who read a script of the Warner Bros. movie, scheduled for release next month. "It's one thing to do whatever movie they want to do, but to take a classic family show and do that is like taking `I Love Lucy' and making her a crackhead or something."

On Wednesday, Jones wrote an open letter to fans on his Web site, urging them to stay away from the movie, which stars Seann William Scott, Johnny Knoxville and Jessica Simpson.

"From all I have seen and heard, the `Dukes' movie is a sleazy insult to all of us who have cared about the `Dukes of Hazzard' for so long," Jones wrote. "Unless they clean it up before the August fifth release date I would strongly recommend that true blue Dukes fans hold their noses and pass this one up."

A spokeswoman at Warner Bros. did not return phone calls Wednesday seeking comment. "The Dukes of Hazzard" was a surprise hit for CBS, pitting "good-ol' boys" Bo and Luke Duke and their moonshine-running Uncle Jesse against the crooked politician Boss Hogg and his bumbling henchman, Sheriff Coltrane, in fictional Hazzard County." thats what cooter says and he is right!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can try iloveluke'ssmileCNH320 but I'm afraid it will fall on deaf ears or eyes as the case maybe. WB is only concerned with making something that wil sell to todays society and to certain age demographics. They don't care what the fans think. They just want to make money.I have come to the conclusion that I better not comment my views on any new Dukes projects WB is dishing out. My opinions just get called assanine and I end up getting insulted. Seems a certain person on here has a vendetta against me just because I don't agree with what WB is doing with the Dukes. So I will try and refrain from making anymore opinions.I will say this,if WB would give the General Lee club I belong to half the budget they did for this new project we could use our cars and think up a good plot and let us cast it,everthing and we could put out a good Dukes movie that would do the original show justice.I know there are enough creative minds over there to do it.

I have come to the conclusion that I better not comment my views on any new Dukes projects WB is dishing out. My opinions just get called assanine and I end up getting insulted. Seems a certain person on here has a vendetta against me just because I don't agree with what WB is doing with the Dukes. So I will try and refrain from making anymore opinions..

I wonder who are talking about it. :lol:

Seems you never bother to read anything. Show me once where I agreed with what WB is doing on this direct-to-DVD movie? You won't find any. Show me anytime where I insulted you ? Never said anything personal against you . By the way didn't you say I wasn't a "true Dukes fan" for the fact they changed the origin of the GL? Didn't you tell me to remove my avatar over it? Who insulted who? I wonder. So what that you are just a sheet metal worker , you could have done worse. :wink:

You seem to turn anything written on this movie into your personal mission to trash the movie or what WB does . Do you have to do it in every single thread? HELL NO..... Get over you conspiricy theories. about the flag and the movie.

That would be great that you will refrain from making anymore comments. I certainly appreciate it.... :D

I'm gone

Darrell

You don't read either because I said "IF" you thought changing the origin was ok and you never have indicated whether you do or don't think it's ok.Let me throw a hypothetical scenario at you.Suppose you are a huge Superman fan and the word Krypton became politically incorrect.Now here comes WB with Superman Returns.Now instead of doing what a huge fan wants and leave Supermans origin as everyone knows it is.They decide to do what is politically correct and totally change Supermans beginnings because the word Krypton is no longer acceptable.Would the Superman fans buy that? I highly doubt it. Well that scenario isn't any different than the Confederate flag now being politically incorrect so they decide to change General Lee's beginnings.To me as a teenager back in the day,General Lee was a superhero in my eyes so changing how it came to be is not acceptable.

You don't read either because I said "IF" you thought changing the origin was ok and you never have indicated whether you do or don't think it's ok.Let my throw a hypothetical scenario at you.Suppose you are a huge Superman fan and the word Krypton became politically incorrect.Now here comes WB with Superman Returns.Now instead of doing what a huge fan wants and leave Supermans origin as everyone knows it is.They decide to do what is politically correct and totally change Supermans beginnings because the word Krypton is no longer acceptable.Would the Superman fans buy that? I highly doubt it. Well that scenario isn't any different than the Confederate flag now being politically incorrect so they decide to change General Lee's beginnings.To me as a teenager back in the day,General Lee was a superhero in my eyes so changing how it came to be is not acceptable.

You're joking , right? General Lee = Superhero? :lol: I guess each to their own.

How do you know what fans will buy? You only know what YOU will buy or NOT buy.

Maybe I should do what others do like on the CGLFC board do and just basically ignore you since you basically have nothing relevant to say.

And YES , I did like the way they did the conversion of the GL in the 05 movie. Only if they would showed the complete scene with the reenactors fixing it up instead of putting in the extras... They never did show or say the "origin" of the GL in the movie , just the fixing up and painting of it to the more famous version if you want to get technical about it. But that would not make a "true" Dukes fan because I liked it. :roll:

You want to talk about something more relevant, let's tal kabout KISS and your views on them NOW in their current incarnation. I want to see where you stand on that since you are a so-called KISS fan..

I'm gone

Darrell

I do not support KISS in their current incarnation.I haven't seen any of their concerts since Ace left and then they replaced Peter because Gene felt he couldn't handle the tour schedule.I won't buy anything that has Eric and Tommy on it either. I'm totally against Eric and Tommy wearing Peter and Aces makeup.Unfortunately Gene owns the makeup rights.If they would make Eric and Tommy different characters and different makeup I could maybe accept that but Yes I boycott KISS because of the makeup issue.At least I'm consistent. I hate to say it but KISS has become just like Dukes.Just Gene trying to suck as much money out of the name as he can.It's not about the music anymore and most of the fans buy into it.Just like WB sucking most fans into Dukes as well. Let me ask you another hypothetical.What if they would remove the flag entirely off the car ?(Which they almost did for the 2005 movie) What if you found out that the flag is totally gone off the General never to return in this new film? Would you buy that? I can't wait to see you answer that.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. It seems as the more things change, the more they stay the same. :wink: It seems like only yesterday 'ol "Capt. Redneck" and I were going round and round about the 2005 'Dukes' big-screen movie. :roll: I made my point and it was valid. Now, I see the debate is still going strong, only now it's between "Capt. Redneck" and "TimDuke".

"TimDuke", like you, I'm a fan of the original series and I see what you are saying and know where you coming from. "Capt. Redneck" on the other hand, I'm quite aware that you enjoyed the 2005 'Dukes' movie and I'm cool with that as well. Nobody can tell you what to like and what not to like. The debate is, and always has been that the only thing that the '05 movie had in common with the original series was 'The Dukes of Hazzard' title and the General Lee. They changed way too much for it appease fans of the original show. 'The Dukes of Hazzard' was a show with established characters and back-stories that didn't need changing. The even changed the General Lee a little. As to why, I have no idea. Afterall, the show did run on network television for 7 seasons. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if it isn't broke, it doesn't need fixing. I'm sure that people who didn't care for the '05 movie would have liked it better had it not been called 'The Dukes of Hazzard'. I also feel that the film would have done better had it had a different title. People who paid their money to see the film expected to see something very close to what they watched as a child growing up in the eighties or the re-runs of that of that original show. Instead they saw a product that was titled 'The Dukes of Hazzard', but was very different.

GADuke01

Wow. It seems as the more things change, the more they stay the same. :wink: It seems like only yesterday 'ol "Capt. Redneck" and I were going round and round about the 2005 'Dukes' big-screen movie. :roll: I made my point and it was valid. Now, I see the debate is still going strong, only now it's between "Capt. Redneck" and "TimDuke".

"TimDuke", like you, I'm a fan of the original series and I see what you are saying and know where you coming from. "Capt. Redneck" on the other hand, I'm quite aware that you enjoyed the 2005 'Dukes' movie and I'm cool with that as well. Nobody can tell you what to like and what not to like. The debate is, and always has been that the only thing that the '05 movie had in common with the original series was 'The Dukes of Hazzard' title and the General Lee. They changed way too much for it appease fans of the original show. 'The Dukes of Hazzard' was a show with established characters and back-stories that didn't need changing. The even changed the General Lee a little. As to why, I have no idea. Afterall, the show did run on network television for 7 seasons. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if it isn't broke, it doesn't need fixing. I'm sure that people who didn't care for the '05 movie would have liked it better had it not been called 'The Dukes of Hazzard'. I also feel that the film would have done better had it had a different title. People who paid their money to see the film expected to see something very close to what they watched as a child growing up in the eighties or the re-runs of that of that original show. Instead they saw a product that was titled 'The Dukes of Hazzard', but was very different.

GADuke01

Chad

This "debate" isn't about the 05 movie. It WAS about the Direct-To-DVD movie, its casting, producer, etc.( which I have no interest in til I see it when it comes out) It always seems to come back to the 05 movie somehow and for not being a "true" Dukes fan and such....Can't do anything about that.

As far as the 05 movie , you know my feelings (which are the total opposite of some "true" Dukes fans :wink: ). As you know I grew up with the Dukes from it's beginnings to it's TNN run to it's current CMT run. AS I have always said "Nothing will ever beat the original series". BUT I did enjoy the 05 movie.

I see you most of the other boards - CGLFC, Jon Holland....I am a member of most of them , but don't post much. No need to post my same opinions all over the place and get bashed. I do enjoy all your info that you do post on stuff , it is very interesting.

I'm gone

Darrell

"Capt.", I know that you guys have been debating 'The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning', but it just seems as if it's more of the same stuff going around that was debated about the 2005 film. Judging from the things that "TimDuke" has mentioned, he basically seems appalled by the fact that certain aspects of the characters, as well as the backstory, were changed unnecessarily. Like I said, I think it all goes back to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. I can see where "TimDuke" is coming from in that aspect. Rather than change the "character" of the characters or any of the backstories, they should have built upon and broadened them. Then, fans would have had familiar stories and characters that referenced those from the original series. :D

Regarding this new project, I spoke with a fellow fan and friend from Mooresville, N.C. last night. He is in contact with former 'Dukes'/WB mechanic Tom Sarmento quite often and told me a little of what Sarmento relayed to him about "The Beginning" movie. He said that Tom told him that this new "straight-to-dvd" movie is going to be far better than the 2005 big-screen film even though it was made on a very small budget. He went on to say that newest film's budget wouldn't allow any huge stunts like we saw in the 2005 film. Therefore, big stunts from the original series will be edited in. The thing that's pretty cool about that will be the fact that all of the original stunt guys will be credited for the stunts.

Anyways, I'm somewhat cautiously excited about the film. It looks as if the did far better this time around with the casting of the the Dukes. :wink: I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

GADuke01

Chad

See again it falls back to the 05 movie. Where have I brought the 05 movie into the Direct-to-DVD topic? I have posted nothing positive about this new one, mostly sarcastic remarks about it being a "low budget" or straight-to-DVD. No pre-conceieved ideas....

As far as the 05 movie. I take it as a different version, same characters(different ideas of them though), storylines same and yet different(General Lee, characters, etc). The "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality doesn't cut it . It happens all the time iwth tried and true tested shows, cars, music- the list can go on forever. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it has mixed results , which is where I put the Dukes. It DID help all around with the promotion of the series and the release of the season DVD sets.

The synergy that was built between the promotion of the movie and the CMT run and the release of the DVD sets was nothing but great marketing. It brought people that never really watched the series to tune in after seeing the movie and let them judge for themselves . You can't buy that kind of cross promotion.

I am the biggest and most out spoken one when it comes to tradition ( Check out my NASCRAP thread and on other racin' boards) . I really don't like change like that. When it comes to Skynyrd I love the post RVZ era ( which is like a civil war in Skynyrd ville).Yet the 05 Dukes movie I liked. I have never said that anybody had to like it, but to continuously bash it and rehash it in every thread is just way too much as what Tim has been doing.....

AS far as the Direct-to-DVD movie. I will wait and see when it comes out. From what you memtioned here and on other boards, the old stunt footage might seem dated and kind of cheesy looking unless some film and video cleanup and editing is top notch. But considering the budget and time frame I doubt it. Although it is great that the original stunt will get credit.....Wonder how much they paid Gy Waldron this time?

Like I have said over and over again " Nothing will ever beat the original series"

I'm gone

Darrell

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Roger hit the nail on the head...

Uncle Jesse/Denver taught us the real values of what being a Duke

was all about.

If there are any more Movies to be made or a new series then they should

go back and study the 7 seasons of Dukes and the reunion movie in 97 & 99 and realize how a Clean action packed funny drama is 100 times better than the filth displayed in the last 2 movies!

• 1 year later...

Hey dukeboy, I agree with you 100%, I hated the movie, had it been called anything other then The Dukes of Hazzard, it would have been ok.

The fact that Bo was not clean shaven, wanting to make love to his own car and all that swearing and nude babes, really terked me off.

Roscoe was a bad Roscoe, James best must have been doing flips seeing what they done to the caracter of Roscoe.

Ben Jones should haved sued them for making cooter a bloody perv , wanting Daisy's panties, now that really made me ill.....

Boss Hogg, Sorell must have been turning in his grave, OMG what a lousy act.

Worst insult of all, actor wise, Willie nelson as uncle Jessie. Jessie would never have told perv jokes like he did in this movie while bombing patrol cars with his liquor, which in itself would never have been done by Uncle Jessie.

Smoking pot while eating an apple, man, Denver Piles must have been turning in his grave...grrrrrr

A blond Daisy, how cute, *pukes in a bucket beside me*, they should have used April from the movie "The Dukes of Hazzard, the begining", now that would have been a suitable Dasiy Duke!

The General Lee with fancy steering wheel and mp3 cd player did not impress me in the least, bet that dropped the value of the General by $5,000.

The only thing I liked about this movie, was seeing the General Lee on the big screen, everything else , sucked water melons...

i hate how some people love the dukes of hazzard movie and when they say i love the dukes of hazzard and you say i do too and you start talking about it and you say the dukes of hazzard tv show they chuckle and say there is no dukes of hazzard tv show that for some reason i get all fired up and say mean stuff like are you dumb there is a dukes of hazzard tv show retard.and when ever someone even says the dukes of hazzard i talking on and on and on about it. and another thing about the dukes of hazzard movie the movie says that cooter bulit the general lee but that is not true bo and luke built the general lee with cooter providing the parts and the general lee on the movie had the wrong steering wheel and the wrong shifter and it had a cd player and a mp3 player and this is supost to be in the 1980's.but you know what really pisses me off is that on the movie they said that they did not have time to fix the door handels but they really weilded them shut.
I'm a fan of dukefan.

Great post buddy.

I loved every word of it.

Thank you Roger, appreciate that, has been a long time since I been here, but I am back, I also am a fan of your posts as well, just I am still learning how to use stuff on here...lol

yeah, especially when some wipper snappers who are still wet behind the ears, need to be straighten out...lol

i was mad when that movie came out i was only 9 in 2005 and now im 13 and its 2009 but i was mad because i mean i knew there were other kids my age then and they were going to watch it and along with my dad having the 7 seasons of the original he bought the movie when it came out on DVD just to see what it was like and neither of us liked it

i was mad when that movie came out i was only 9 in 2005 and now im 13 and its 2009 but i was mad because i mean i knew there were other kids my age then and they were going to watch it and along with my dad having the 7 seasons of the original he bought the movie when it came out on DVD just to see what it was like and neither of us liked it

I remember when my cousin's son TJ was five years old he was over for a birthday party and he was bored so I got out my dad's Columbia House Video with two episodes and he loved watching Dukes. I'm not sure that he is eleven I would want him watching the new movies maybe the Reunion movies but not the Hollywood Movies now.