Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke ruffles Bo's blonde curls

"S'alright I been readin your chicken scratch for years there'll just be a few more bumps in it."

Uncle Jesse sits down by the window watching the activity goin on outside of it and watching his nephews,giving thanks to the Lord above that although Bo isn't completely well he's at least able to write as a form of communication.

Bo gently took the pencil and paper in his hand, taking a little while to get a grip on the pencil before finally managing to scrawl down a note. It wasn't that bad actually, just a little shakey but eaisly readable.

Well at least I don't have to make stupid hand gestures at ya now. How come ya ain't sleepin'? And dont gimme all that, I ain't tired and I can last a lot longer without sleep cause I know that ain't true.

Luke folds his arms over his chest with a scowl on his face

"nag nag nag that's all everybody's done the past couple days at me, I'll sleep but just not right now. And just so ya know I can go alot longer than you can without sleep,there were times in the Marines we had to go days without for fear we'd get ambushed while we slept or wake up to find one of our buddies dead next to us. "

Uncle Jesse looks up at Luke's tone and admonishes gently he knows that all their nerves are frayed

"Luke don't take it out on Bo just cos your too stubborn to listen to the rest of us.

Hanging his head Luke answers quietly

"Yes sir, sorry Bo I'll try to get some sleep soon I promise."

Bo was a little taken aback at his cousin's sudden outburst. It was obvious Luke had a lot on his mind and it obviously wasn't helping none. With all thoughts about his own health forgotten, he recovered from the shock of havin' Luke yell at him and scribbles another note.

What's on yer mind Luke? You never talk about the Marine's....

Grinding the palms of his hands into weary eyes Luke looks back at Bo shaking his head

"Nothin Bo I'm just a little cranky is all, I'm sorry I didn't have no call to yell at ya. Seems to be all I'm doing today though is yelling at everybody. I even yelled at sweet lil B.L. earlier."

chuckles

"It didn't faze her none she just looked me in the eye and gave me what for."

Bo raised his eyebrows, still none too pleased that Luke was here taking care of him when he should be taking care of himself. He wrote nothing in response to that comment, letting silence fall for a few minutes before finally turning to Uncle Jesse and writing him a note.

Could I have something for my throat? It's awful dry and painful...

Luke satisfied he's won this battle for now lets the silence hang around them.

Uncle Jesse takes the note from Bo reading it

"How about lettin some ice melt in ya mouth that should moisten your throat but shouldn't be as painful as trying to swallow somethin."

Pouring some of the chipped ice the nurse had brought earlier into a cup Uncle Jesse feeds Bo a few pieces watching with breath held hoping that it doesn't cause Bo too much pain.

He moves the ice around slowly in his mouth, letting it melt a bit before gingerly swallowing the cold liquid. He winced slightly as he swallowed but soon relaxed as the cool water numbed his throat a little and seemed to take the edge off of the scratchy pain. He smiled gratefully at Uncle Jesse, still not wanting to look at Luke anymore.

Giving Bo a few more pieces of ice Uncle Jesse sits the cup back on the table beside the bed

"You better take it easy so's ya don't irritate your throat anymore but you can have some more in a bit if ya want."

Luke is now confused along with being exhausted, Bo won't even look at him. Tapping the notepad with his index finger giving Bo a dejected look.

"Alright Bo you got just 10 seconds to tell me what's wrong,we's jokin around and all the sudden you won't even look at me."

Uncle Jesse sighs he hopes the girls find out something to settle all this mess.

B.L. pulls into the Boar's Nest parking lot to drop Daisy off for work

"Good luck hope ya find somethin out, I gotta get back and open the vet clinic for my afternoon appointments. Rosco's sposed to bring Flash in for her checkup so hopefully he'll go babblin about stuff like usual and give me some clues"

Daisy nodded and hugged her friend goodbye as she entered the Boar's Nest to several wolf whistels and appriciative calls. She quickly slipped behind the bar and started serving, her mind soon slipping from what was going on with her younger cousin as she enjoyed herslef, although she still listened out for any news she could get.

Bo didn't look at Luke, but hesitantly scribbled as he let the cool liquid slip down his throat again.

How can I look at ya when all I see is how ill you's makin' yerself on account o'me?

As Daisy gets out of the car B.L. calls out

"You gotta work till closin? I'll be back when the clinic closes and then we'll go back to my place then to the hospital in the mornin."

Luke sighs taking Bo's chin in between his fingers forcing Bo to look at him as he tries to explain without loosing his temper.

"You listen to me Beaureguard James Duke, my refusal to sleep ain't on accounta you Got It? So don't go blaming yaself,cos it wouldn't matter if it was Daisy or Uncle Jesse in the spot your in I still wouldn't be sleepin."

Stressing again while still holding Bo's chin

"It's not your fault Bo none of this you can't help being ill. It's my own stubborness that's all understand?"

Bo glared at Luke, pulling his chin sharply away from Luke's hold, instantly wishing he hadn't as the room span slightly and he had to close his eyes to get it back under control. He turned away from Luke again, knowing he was lying.

True, Luke wouldn't be sleeping if it was another member of his family where he was, but if Bo hadn't let Luke find him like this, he could have gone and sorted it all out by himself eventually and Luke would still be sleeping and be his normal happy go lucky self. Luke could claim all he wanted that Bo was not the cause of him not sleeping, but he knew it wasn't true.

As Bo jerks his chin out of Luke's grasp then closing his eyes before turning his head away again, Luke sits in the chair beside the bed shoulders slumped with elbows resting on his knees with chin in hands dejectedly practically pleading all his resistance about spent

"Bo don't do this cousin DON'T shut me out that's not going to help either of us. Please Bo."

Luke goes from pleading to anger at himself for not stopping this before things got this bad unable to control it he spits out in a biting tone

"Bo throwing a tantrum isn't going to solve anything either, just look at me we can settle this. I don't know what to do to make it alright again between us if you don't tell me. We've had our share of arguments but I've always known why but I won't know till ya tell me what's going on in that head of yours. Please Bo just tell me? Lord knows I've took out my frustrations on others the past couple of days so ya might as well get things off your chest too."

Suddenly Bo can see what this is all about. Luke wanted to know what had been going on over the past week. That was the only reason he was here, because he wanted to know.

As he thought about his situation again, his stomach churned and once more he felt sick. He didn't know how long he had been out for, what day was it, what time was it? Had the deed already been done or was there still time for him to figure out a way to stop it?

Luke sighs frustrated he'll just have to wait till Daisy and B.L. hopefully bring some information to confront Bo with. Leaning back in his chair he gives Uncle Jesse a pained look only to see it mirrored in Uncle Jesse's eyes. Leaning his head back against the back of the chair,staring at the ceiling the room falls completely silent.

Uncle Jesse goes to Bo's side and sponges his face again, murmuring softly

"Just stay calm Bo easy does it. Yur alright just breathe slow and as deep as ya can"

Luke's heart twists painfully as Bo's breathing starts to be labored but he'd seen the suspicion in Bo's eyes that he was only there to find out what was bugging him and that hurt Luke about as deep as anything ever had. But unable to sit still for another second Luke jumps to his feet taking Bo's hand in his, squeezing it comfortingly and brushing the hair from Bo's forehead.

He heard Uncle Jesse's soothing voice and tried to follow the instructions as the coolness of the water on the compress slipped down his face and Luke's gentle hands sweapt his sweat drenched curls from his forehead.

But he couldn't do it, not this time. He just didn't have the strength or the energy to hold it back this time and he knew it. He looked pleadingly up at Jesse as he groaned and tore his hand away from Luke's to clutch his stomach as it gave a sickening lurch.

He shook his head furiously, he had to let them know he couldn't hold it, he could feel the bile making its way at a furiously fast pace up his stomach and into his already burning throat.

Daisy kept on serving the drinks all afternoon, smiling cheerfully and occasionally slapping a few men who thought it would be funny to try and get her to sit with them when she was carrying a tray full of beers. As she started to clean up for the night, she heard Boss Hogg talking in his office. She creapt to the door to listen in, gasping silently as she overheard what was going on. Suddenly she couldn't have wanted B.L to get here quicker more.