Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

Oh yeah, Bo had a question alright. Why couldn't he just have some bottled medicine and be let go! It wasn't like his breathing was that bad, it didnt feel like he was being sat upon by Luke or an elephant anymore.

He didnt say that though, knowing it would only get him a telling off from Uncle Jesse.

How long till I can talk again, and can you do all that stuff now?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sure I can remove the one IV now"

Walking over to a cabinet on the wall the doctor returns to the bed with some alchohol swabs and examination gloves. Taking Bo's left hand and placing it on the bed railing the doctor places one of the alchohol pads over the needle then slowly removes it still holding the alchohol pad in place

"Now just hold this on there till the bleeding stops, as for talking you can give it a try whenever you like but I don't want you straining your throat so if it hurts too much" *taps the notepad* "This is the best form of communication till it's well enough you can stand the pain without irritating it further."

Bo is forced to turn is head away as the doctor takes his hand. He has always had a phobia of needles, and he felt weak at the knees just knowing that there were two implanted in the back of his hand, let alone he was about to see one sliding out from underneath his skin.

He was pleased to hear that he could actually still talk, he was beginning to wonder, but he didnt think from the pain that had seared through it when he was being sick that he would be trying it anytime soon. He nodded his thanks to the doctor, hoping his family were more convinced he was better now.

Luke waves a hand dismisally

"No rush we got time to come up with somethin yet"

B.L. always the impatient one especially when something needed doing reaches out taking the alchohol pad from Bo's right hand and keeping it in place on his left where the needle had been. Asks somewhat exhasperated but trying hard not to show it

"Now can we please think of something to do before somebody gets hurt"

Luke gives her an annoyed look for being so impatient

"B.L. there's not that big of a hurry really, it's only" *Luke looks at his pocket watch* "8pm so we still got almost 24 hours"

Yeah, 24 hours to prove to the doctors that i'm fine and can help out with the plan. He quickly scibbled it down on a piece of paper, giving a thankful glance to B.L through the damn stupid tent.

Well the truck is plannin' on goin' down Ol' Mill Road at around 7:45 tomorrow night, and to get hijacked at around 8:00. If we's can get inta position at the time, we's could hide out in the dark alongside the road and catch 'em in the act, if we call up the state police and tell 'em what's happenin'

Luke smiles upon hearing the plan it doesn't sound half bad,having seen the briefest look that only Luke would notice from years of reading Bo tells him that Bo is determined to help with the plan.

"Sounds like a good plan to me Bo, I couldna come up with one much better myself."

Thinking a few moments an idea comes to him that might placate Bo if he still needs to be in the hospital.

"Since ya thought of the plan it's upto you to tell everybody involved what to do."

Quickly, Bo sketched out a brief map of the road and labelled where all the cars should be and what everyone needed to do. The general was to be parked along the left side and when the truck got hijacked and the state police started to follow, the General would be there until the trees disappeared at the fork in the road. It would then power ahead to block off the forward road and Jesse's pick up would already be waiting to block off the other, trapping the truck in the middle of the general and truck and the whole state police

Daisy watched in amazement as Bo sketched out his plan and showed them what he was planning to do, but by the end she was frowning.

"That's a really great plan sugar....but you said you need two people to every car. If Uncle Jesse and me's in the truck, B.L and Cooter are in his two truck leadin' the state police....who's goin' with Luke in General Lee?"

Before she finsihed asking the question, she already knew what the answer was going to be, from the look in Bo's eyes. He raised hs hand and pointed one finger to his chest...Me.

Daisy shook her head and sighed.

"Bo ya ain't well enough to get out this room let alone the whole hospital!"

Bo scribbled a note and passed it to Daisy who read it out.

There ain't no way i's gonna let you's all go out and face these guys alone. If somethin' goes wrong and I ain't there I'd never forgive myself. s'far as I see it, I an't gonna be doin' no runnin' so I's ain't gonna get out of breath, to get around I's can borrow a wheel chair and in the General all I's gonna be doin' is sittin' in the passenger seat while Luke drives.

B.L. stood there jaw dropped when Bo pointed to himself snpping her mouth shut shaking her head they should have known Bo would try something like this.

"Bo you never cease to amaze me but Daisy's right you ain't well enough for this Luke, Uncle Jesse tell 'im he's crazy. One question how the heck you gonna get in the general the door's are welded shut in case you forgot. Ya so weak still ya probably can't walk across the floor without slididng your feet instead of pickin em up so how ya gonna climb through a car window?"

Uncle Jesse frowns in Bo's direction eyes flashing as he lays down the law

"Bo you's aint doin' nothin' 'cept what the doc gives ya permission to do! Ya certainly ain't goin after these guys not as sick as ya've been."

Luke hides a grin from Uncle Jesse at Bo's stubborness on helping to catch the goons, he wants what's best for Bo and going on recent events it's staying in the hospital but he's not about to say that because it just won't be the same without Bo by his side. Thinking on it Bo's right he won't be doing anything to exert energy just ridding shotgun in the general.

Bo hangs his head as Uncle Jesse speaks firmly to him, and he knows that tone. That tone generally means it would be eaisier to reverse a buzz saw than argue with what he was saying.

But as each member of his family told him that it juts wouldn't be possible, one of them remained quiet...Luke. He looked up at his older cousin through the plastic sheet that was starting to get misty and saw the undenaible look that he was deep in thought.

He scribbled out another note and handed it to Uncle Jesse

I won't know what I's can do until I try it. DIdn't you saw Uncle Jesse that if the good lord wants to he can provide miricles? I don't want to let you all deal with these guys alone and 'sides, I's the only one who knows where their hideout is if this all goes wrong and we have to move ta plan B....As for the General, well Luke can help me in, he has done 'afore when I's been out cold. I don't need no special premission from the doc's to go neither, I can self discharge....

Uncle Jesse takes the note reading it then looks back at Bo with a still not happy expression on his face but before he can say anything Luke interrupts with a quiet earning a glare from Uncle Jesse too.

"He's right"

Reading the note again then looking back to Bo

"I did say that and the good Lord can produce miracles when he sees fit to do so. As for not needin special permission from the doc to be discharged you may be right there but ya do need it from ME!"

B.L. watches Bo,Luke and Uncle Jesse to see who's going to win this argument although her money's on Uncle Jesse if she were a bettin girl. Mumbling

"He may have some good points but I still say his brain's been too long without suffecient oxygen and he's talkin crazy"

Daisy nodded in silent agreement with Uncle Jesse, shocked at the fact that Luke could even think letting Bo go early was even something that could be considered, let alone worth arguing with Uncle Jesse about.

Bo scowled as he heard what B.L said, but looked happier that he had Luke's support. He looked back up at Uncle Jesse before writing another note.

PLease Uncle Jesse....I almost...well I did die in here....and the doc's still don't know how serious this infection is....if I die, I wanna die with my family around me, including the General, and die happy, knowing I's done everythin' I want to do in life. If I don't so this, i'll regret it, especially if one of you's get hurt.

Uncle Jesse sees something in Bo's eyes as he looks back up not sure what to call it but slowly,hesitantly he nods yes but points a finger in Bo's direction

"Ya can ask the Doc about lettin ya go BUT if he says ya ain't well enough then that's the way its gonna be understand!"

Luke looks at Bo still seeing the dark circles and paleness but he's fought tooth and nail with Bo and almost lost him on accounta these men and he's just to tired to fight it anymore so is agreeing only because he can watch Bo closely.

"Hey Bo the doc said ya could start gettin out from under than thing but ya had to go back as soon as ya breathin was startin to be hampered."

Looks at Uncle Jesse now as he says the next part

"Why don't we see just how Bo can handle it without the tent or any other oxygen ceptin what's in tha air and if he can't the tent will be right here close."

Uncle Jesse sighs looking at the two girls with their shocked faces that he'd even agree to such foolishness

"Alright boys we'll see how it goes here BUT if you don't do good Bo ya ain't leavin' till ya are!"

B.L. swears she's hearing things ubelieving that Uncle Jesse would even consider agreeing and more perplexed that Luke would agree after all the fight he's put up avoiding their efforts to get him to sleep while the doctor's and nurses took care of Bo.

Daisy shook her head, not wanting to see this. She wanted to be there for Bo, but seeing him so weak and still trying to walk would be too much. She wanted to remember Bo's powerful stride and cheery dispositon, not him like this. She turned and quickly fled the room, sitting in the waiting room.

Bo watched her go as Luke and Jesse unzipped the tent and helped him to swing his legs off the bed. Instantly he found it more difficult to breathe, but he was determined this time not to let it get him. He forced himself to calm down and took long deeep breaths, getting his body used to having non pure oxygenated air again.

B.L. hangs around the room just long enough to see Bo get shakily to his feet but decides that Luke and Uncle Jesse can take care of Bo as she turns running from the room after Daisy finding her sitting in the waiting room. Sitting next to Daisy B.L. flips a piece of Daisy's hair from her shoulder tenderly

"You ok Daisy?"

Luke notices that Bo is conscienceously trying to control his breathing and stay calm without the aid of the tent. Gives Uncle Jesse a worried look but Uncle Jesse tries not to show his own worries just support it's obvious Bo is determined to do this.

Daisy nodded, not crying, just keeping herself calm.

"I just...its just hard to see him like that B.L....I cant watch him like that or i'll never forget it. I just wanna rememeber how he was like before all this started."

After a few minutes, Bo manages to get his breathing down to some sort of normailty, although it is still shaky, it doesn't sound too bad to him. He looked up, smiling gently at Luke and Uncle Jesse.

B.L. takes Daisy's hand squeezing it reassuringly smiling confidently

"I understand......he'll be the same ol Bo before we know it. Running around pushin Rosco's buttons gettin thrown in jail on some trumped up charge you'll see there won't even Be a reminder when we look at him that he was so sick."

Uncle Jesse and Luke return the smile as Uncle Jesse asks the one question on both their minds

"How d'ya feel Bo? And don't tell me fine I want the truth!"

Daisy smiled gently back at her and nodded.

"Yeah...but I dont think i'm ever gonna forget this B.L. The change in him....it's too differenet and dramatic."

Bo took a moment to asses how he felt before grabbing the notepad and pencil

Well it dont feel like I's got Luke sittin' on ma chest, but it ain't exactly as easy as it should be ta breathe....I don't feel too bad though, its just gettin' used ta it more than anythin'...

"I know it's gonna be hard to forget...but you will and so will Luke and Uncle Jesse and me. It'll probably take a long time but we'll all get back to normal trust me if anybody can say that and be positive it's me."

Again thoughts of her father's illness and subsiquent death enter B.L.'s mind. She can truly be confident telling Daisy all will be normal again because even though her father is gone things did return to some semblemce of normal only without him in the picture.

"Well I suppose that's the best we can hope for right now,just don't overdo right off the start."

Uncle Jesse still isn't fully convinced because of Bo's bad color still but the fact he isn't gasping for breath eases the worry some. Luke lets out the breath he didn't realize he was holding

"That's the best news I've got in days ceptin when the doc said ya wasn't dead."

Bo nods and chuckles slightly at Luke's comment, noting how that particular action didn't really do much harm to his chest. He was determined he wasn't going to let this thing beat him. The doctors hadn't told him much about the infection he had, other than he needed constant antibiotics for it, but he didnt care what it was. He would beat it, and he would beat it down good enough in the next 24 hours, hew as confident of it.

Luke raises a questioning eyebrow wearing a smirk

"You gonna stand there all day with that hospital gown flying open or ya gonna take a stroll across the room before the girls come back? Maybe sit in the sunshine a for a bit."

Uncle Jesse wonders himself where they might have gotten off too but answers in what he hopes is a somewhat cheerful tone

"They's probably just went for a walk maybe somethin to eat.

Bo grinned and lightly punched Luke playfully in the arm as he reminds him about the hospital gown. He always was uncomfortable in anything but his jeans and yellow, sometiems blue or both, top, but this was just downright humiliating.

With a slow, shaky breath he lowered his feet all the way to the floor, leaning against the bed as he straightened up.